WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby dunbar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:01 pm

(unless SEMO somehow pulls this one out...)

FCS Quarterfinal
dunbar

Re: WEEK 15: Maine at Weber State

Postby BearDown » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:04 pm

Pick 6.

On to Ogden....
BearDown

Postby BearDown » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:12 pm

When will we know if we play Fri or Sat -tonight or tomorrow?
BearDown

Postby dunbar » Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:28 pm

BearDown wrote:When will we know if we play Fri or Sat -tonight or tomorrow?

Don’t know. It’d be Friday at 8 EST. I’d assume they are waiting for all finals.

It’s been years since we played on a Friday, if at all (that changes come August anyways).
dunbar

Postby MattyB » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:51 pm

Weber State football will host Maine in the #FCSPlayoffs Quarterfinals.

Game will be Friday, Dec. 7 at 8 p.m. at Stewart Stadium and broadcast on ESPN 2.
Twitter.com/MattyBRadio
105Sports.com
MattyB

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:54 pm

I saw Weber State play Sacramento State on November 3rd. Sacramento State is not that good
and they held them to 26 points. I really think Maine a has stronger offensive line, even though Weber
State is an opportunistic defensive team. I think Maine can hold their own with Weber States defensive line.
Weber State did go 10-2 in the Big Sky Conference.

The other thing is I believe Weber State is 4000 feet above Sea level. Y'all can check on that. So altitude
may be an issue. I was not all that impressed with Weber State when they were in Sacramento. They are more
finesse than physical. They got to SEMO's QB today. But that was because there offensive line was not all that
big. That being said they will be a tough opponent for Maine. But I think Maine is more physical than Weber
State.

Frankly, if Maine can get past this game, I believe they will end up playing U.C. Davis in California unless
UMAINE has a better record than U.C. Davis figuring U.C. Davis gets past Eastern Washington. Not sure how
that schedule would work out. U.C. Davis is more physical and was rated 9th in the Preseason polls of the
Big Sky conference. But they proved everyone wrong. I think they are kind of like the UMAINE of the Big Sky
Conference this year. They won in Montana which is not an easy thing to do.

It truly would be great to see UMAINE get into the FCS championship game this year.
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:12 am

basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:42 am

Their two main offensive weapons are Constantine who averages about 200 yards passing a game
and their running back Josh Davis who is their leading rusher...

For Maine to be successful I think they will need to figure a way to shut down Davis to an extent.
Constantine seems to be on average with 200 yards passing irrespective of who the opponent is.
Davis and Shaheed on the receiving side are there two main threats. Garret had a good game today rushing
the ball but Davis is typically the one main running back.

I think SEMO got behind early and played conservatively...threw some interceptions and fumbled...
from there it just went downhill for them. Getting ahead early for Maine like they did today would
be a big bonus and seeing Maine bring their tough brand of defense to this game again...would make the
difference.
basketball_guy

Postby dunbar » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:30 pm

No excuse for any TV in this state not to be tuned into ESPN2 on Friday. Not only that, but it's the only college football game that night. Great exposure for this program and University.
dunbar

Postby BlueLine » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:46 pm

I’m so happy for the 11(?) Maine natives on the Bears Roster! Good for you young men and special shout outs to Grant H, Owen E and Mike L!!!
BlueLine

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics