James Madison football coach is a?????

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby CFJunior » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:20 pm

thebam wrote:I think the JMU coach thought past performance should have been indicative of future results. Former National champ, runner up last year, so automatically should get a Top 8 seed no matter what. BS. Try winning your FBS game. Try winning the league outright. Try playing 67% of your games on the road and still going 8-3. Then you can run your yapper about being disrespected for not getting a top 8 seed.


And the JMU fan base have been whining worse then their coach. I believe if Ferguson doesn't get injured they beat Central Michigan, probably win at Yale or at least play better. Maine could have finished 10-1 or 9-2, and still not shown any respect. JMU fans all over the message boards are talking $hit about Maine and their weak schedule, making a point to mention Maine's losses at Central Michigan and Yale, and never mention the fact that Ferguson wasn't playing. The JMU coach and fans claim they are highly motivated this postseason. I hope the Maine coaches and players are equally motivated.
CFJunior
 
Posts: 1133
Joined: Sat May 10, 2008 9:33 am

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby Muchups » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:08 pm

CFJunior wrote:
thebam wrote:I think the JMU coach thought past performance should have been indicative of future results. Former National champ, runner up last year, so automatically should get a Top 8 seed no matter what. BS. Try winning your FBS game. Try winning the league outright. Try playing 67% of your games on the road and still going 8-3. Then you can run your yapper about being disrespected for not getting a top 8 seed.


And the JMU fan base have been whining worse then their coach. I believe if Ferguson doesn't get injured they beat Central Michigan, probably win at Yale or at least play better. Maine could have finished 10-1 or 9-2, and still not shown any respect. JMU fans all over the message boards are talking $hit about Maine and their weak schedule, making a point to mention Maine's losses at Central Michigan and Yale, and never mention the fact that Ferguson wasn't playing. The JMU coach and fans claim they are highly motivated this postseason. I hope the Maine coaches and players are equally motivated.


The funny thing is, when you compare Maine and JMU's schedules side by side they look about equal strength.

Maine and JMU had 7 common conference opponents. Maine went 6-1 vs. those common opponents losing to W&M. JMU went 5-2 vs. those common opponents losing to Elon and UNH. Edge Maine.

In the four remaining games Maine played 2 FBS schools (albeit bad ones), one decent FCS team in Yale and one below average FCS team in UAlbany. Maine went 2-2 in these games, losing the 2 games they didn't have a quarterback.

In JMU's 4 other games they played a quality FBS team in NC State, two terrible FCS schools in Norfolk St. and Robert Morris and a quality FCS team in Stony Brook. JMU went 3-1 in these games losing only to FBS NC State.

To me, these schedules seem about even to me. The difference is that Maine had a better conference record so they're conference champs thus deserving the seed over JMU.

JMU has nothing to gripe about.
Muchups
 
Posts: 200
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby maine612 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:35 pm

Yeah but...yeah but.... they are JAMES MADISON!!

I hope they lose Saturday...

612
User avatar
maine612
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby thebam » Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:51 pm

Not to mention.. JMU also had 5 home games and after week 2, didn't have road games 2 weeks in a row.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4476
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby sewey76 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:32 pm

It's not like Maine purposely made a soft schedule. I believe based on pre season polls the schedule was pretty daunting and only 4 home games. UNH was pre-season #3 I believe and Villanova was 7 or 8 I think. CAA is still a tough league top to bottom. Let the whiners whine. Let's do our talking on the field. Go Bears!
sewey76
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:30 am

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby maine612 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:51 pm

and because those teams lost to Maine they must be terrible...therefore Maine has a bad schedule...this circular reference thing never ends.

Go Maine!

612
User avatar
maine612
 
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:09 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby thebam » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:18 pm

Well , looks like this Jacka$$ is gone. Heading to Charlotte as their new Head Coach. Probably feels disrespected that he didn't get a call from a better D-1 FBS program though. Good riddance.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4476
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby mainejeff » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:23 pm

thebam wrote:Well , looks like this Jacka$$ is gone. Heading to Charlotte as their new Head Coach. Probably feels disrespected that he didn't get a call from a better D-1 FBS program though. Good riddance.


JMU fans heads must be exploding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 14409
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby pre3time » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:33 pm

mainejeff wrote:
thebam wrote:Well , looks like this Jacka$$ is gone. Heading to Charlotte as their new Head Coach. Probably feels disrespected that he didn't get a call from a better D-1 FBS program though. Good riddance.


JMU fans heads must be exploding! :lol: :lol: :lol:



Built in excuse in place if things don't workout at the 'Gate.....
pre3time
 
Posts: 635
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:13 pm

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby thebam » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:14 am

mainejeff wrote:
thebam wrote:Well , looks like this Jacka$$ is gone. Heading to Charlotte as their new Head Coach. Probably feels disrespected that he didn't get a call from a better D-1 FBS program though. Good riddance.


JMU fans heads must be exploding! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In related news, the guy that left JMU , that Houston replaced, just got fired from Texas St. Maybe they can bring him back. :lol:
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4476
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bcbc55, Google Adsense [Bot], turkeyman and 66 guests