James Madison football coach is a?????

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: James Madison football coach is a?????

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:24 am

thebam wrote:
mainejeff wrote:
thebam wrote:Well , looks like this Jacka$$ is gone. Heading to Charlotte as their new Head Coach. Probably feels disrespected that he didn't get a call from a better D-1 FBS program though. Good riddance.

JMU fans heads must be exploding! :lol: :lol: :lol:

In related news, the guy that left JMU , that Houston replaced, just got fired from Texas St. Maybe they can bring him back. :lol:

These coaches always more money and instant gratification. How's that workin' out for them? ;)
mainejeff

Postby maine612 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 am

MJ,

Most people, in most professions, want more money and more opportunity. Not sure I know many people that wouldn't jump jobs for a 25, 30, 50, or even 200% salary increase these coaches get. I say "good for them"

maine612

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:02 am

maine612 wrote:MJ,

Most people, in most professions, want more money and more opportunity. Not sure I know many people that wouldn't jump jobs for a 25, 30, 50, or even 200% salary increase these coaches get. I say "good for them"

Maybe in any industry other than the college coaching profession. If these guys think that the Texas States of the college football world are the way to advance themselves up the ladder then they are not very smart. I hope he enjoyed his increased salary level for a few seasons because he's gonna take a pay cut now. :|

Let's use UMass as an example. Yeah....they are "FBS". Yup....they are paying an "FBS" salary (on the low end). But guess what.....UMass is a dead end job right now. Bad location. Relatively bad on campus facilities. And the big thing....no conference affiliation. That last one is absolutely killing them.
mainejeff

Postby maine612 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:49 am

That's true. UMass is a disaster situation. So is UCONN. Yikes.

There are exceptions to the rule, but generally moving up is a smart thing career (and $$) wise.

maine612

Postby mainejeff » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:24 am

If someone does their homework....there are diamonds in the rough type programs where one can be successful and move up. Buffalo is one program here in the Northeast where a coach could make an impact and have some success then move up to a P5 program. App State & Georgia Southern are 2 other programs that have enough financial & administrative support to be attractive to coaches looking to move up.

I think that JMU is on the verge of jumping but they absolutely need an FBS conference to land in. UMass is the poster child for what could happen if you don't have that landing spot.
mainejeff

Postby dunbar » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:56 am

I mean, at least Connecticut is getting some notoriety at the FBS level. Having the statistically-worst defense in FBS/I-A history is something right? Maybe?

Had they scored 50 points in every game, they would've finshed 5-7, and in three of those games, they let up 49.

1-11 with the only win being a 56-49 mudslinger vs. Rhode Island. A 22-17 home loss to Massachusetts. At least they are committed to Edsall.

Massachusetts just fired Whipple. They don't have an FBS stadium or conference. Other than Army and Liberty (oof), they don't have any annual opponents.

And there's still people advocating for FCS programs in the Northeast to move up to FBS? Hard pass.
dunbar

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:41 pm

It won't happen here...obviously...
basketball_guy

Postby fafan » Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:46 pm

What a frigging mess this Coach Houston announcement is and supposed departure to Charlotte. Charlotte has pulled their offer and supposedly ECU is going to offer.
Man I feel for the players of JMU but now really would love to see Colgate beat them!!! GO GATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Eastern View Post

David Scott

@davidscott14
NEWS: @Charlotte49ers withdraw contract offer to Mike Houston after he told them Thursday night he had interest in exploring other options while remaining under consideration at Charlotte. Story soon.

12:18 PM - Nov 30, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy
86 people are talking about this
fafan

Postby BlueLine » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:35 pm

JMU coach done for the year. Got outcoached at Colgate.
BlueLine

Postby thebam » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:02 pm

thebam

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics