WEEK 10: Maine at Towson

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

WEEK 10: Maine at Towson

Postby dunbar » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:11 pm

Biggest game of the year so far. Winner stays in the driver’s seat for the CAA crown.

Tigers up 5-0 at Delaware currently, second quarter.

http://www.foxsportsgo.com
dunbar

Re: WEEK 10: Maine at Towson

Postby mainejeff » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:29 pm

Towson lost to Delaware 40-36.
mainejeff

Postby Muchups » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 pm

I watched Towson v. Delaware. Towson should have won. They dropped the go ahead touchdown with 3 seconds left. That said, they're going to be hungry next week.

Maine can win but Maine is going to need to play a good, clean game to do so. Also, Maine will need to score points. Even with one of the best defenses in the FCS it'll be tough to hold Towson below 25-30 points.
Muchups

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:21 pm

I would like to see Maine beat Towson...just so the deciding game is against ELON....
basketball_guy

Postby Waterboy61 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:14 am

Maine's last game wasn't great but they did enough to get the win which in this case that was important. The D played real well. The O struggled at times but if the cold is going to effect any side of the ball it would be the O. Ferguson had a better game as I don't remember too many over throws. He threw the ball into Albanys hand once but he knew it was a free play so he tried to force something that wasn't there.
The Towson game will be big. They scored a lot of points and came a little short with a dropped pass.

I plan on the D playing well. I hope they can get the CAA to change their mind on the head to head that will keep #47 out for a half. He is a big part of the D. The O needs to play . better. We really need a well balanced performance.

I hate to say it but I will say the Bears will lose this week.
38 Towson
24 Maine
Waterboy61

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:24 am

http://www.espn.com/college-football/te ... son-tigers

Just viewed the breakdown on the Towson wins over their past several games.
This Quarterback of theirs is not just doing well as a QB. He has led them in rushing
in several of their wins. Maine will have to contain him if they expect to win.

This is going to be one difficult game for Maine in their Stadium. The Defense has got
to step up if Maine is going to win and Ferguson will have to have another Stellar game.
I would love to see Maine win this one. I see this as a toss up...
basketball_guy

Postby dunbar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:46 am

I don’t know what you’ve been watching but Tommy Flacco has been outstanding this year. He’s a dual-threat QB. He’s a more mobile version of his brother. Graduate transfer from Rutgers.
dunbar

Postby Muchups » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:51 am

basketball_guy wrote:I would like to see Maine beat Towson...just so the deciding game is against ELON....

Maine just needs to win 1 of the next 2 for the Elon game to matter. They'd still have a good shot at making the playoffs at 7-4 with a 6-2 CAA record and an FBS win.

I actually think that they'll go to the playoffs if they win EITHER the Towson game or the Elon game (they have to beat Richmond of course).
Muchups

Postby dunbar » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:22 am

Muchups wrote:
basketball_guy wrote:I would like to see Maine beat Towson...just so the deciding game is against ELON....

Maine just needs to win 1 of the next 2 for the Elon game to matter. They'd still have a good shot at making the playoffs at 7-4 with a 6-2 CAA record and an FBS win.

I actually think that they'll go to the playoffs if they win EITHER the Towson game or the Elon game (they have to beat Richmond of course).

Agreed. One could argue that Maine’s conference strength of schedule could hurt them because they don’t play Delaware, Madison, or Stony Brook.

There’s a chance that there’s a three way tie for the conference title because UM, UD, and JMU don’t play each other.
dunbar

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Oct 28, 2018 11:31 am

There are also some very good teams out West. I got to see U.C. Davis yesterday destroy Montana in Missoula. This particular U.C. Davis team is now 7 and 1 in the Big Sky Conference. Then you have North Dakota State and several other teams out West. You guys don't see these teams out here. I just happen to be out here so I got to see a few of them. This QB for U.C. Davis is very good. I would suspect that if Maine does get in they may be playing some of these Western teams in the playoffs.

I am not sure 7-4 gets Maine into the Top 16 this year but will see. Certainly, they should go up from 24th in the FCS. Beating Towson and Richmond would probably get them in but ELON will be a difficult game. But will see.
basketball_guy

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics