WBB Player no longer on roster

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

WBB Player no longer on roster

Postby mainejeff » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:56 am

Rongomai Timson a freshman player is no longer listed on Maine's roster. There was always very little info & publicity on her. She was from New Zealand. I wonder if Jhasmin Player leaving had anything to do with it? Opens up another scholarship for next year! (5 available).
mainejeff

Re: WBB Player no longer on roster

Postby turkeyman » Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:55 am

Man, mj, that was fast. I checked the roster Monday afternoon to see if all three newcomers had arrived and to make sure everyone else had returned. Timson was listed then on the roster (wearing No. 3). She's not listed on the Loyola roster, but it would take more time to get her listed there than it would to unlist her here.
I can't recall a recruit leaving with an assistant coach. One left with Sharon Versyp to Indiana and one left for UVM when Ann McInerney got sacked.

Timson was listed as having graduated from Life Preparatory Academy in Wichita, which is a private Christian school that, from its website, appears to actively recruit international students.

Maine had a juco transfer in 2017 who was announced as coming in from Kansas, too, but she never made it. My first guess is that grades might have been the issue. Maybe Kansas is the issue?

Hate to see anyone good enough to play here decide not to come, but Maine is pretty well set for point guards for a while. I have heard that Dor Saar is exempted from her Israeli army obligation for her three more years here, and Maine has other points available. Glad it wasn't the only new big who left the roster.

Bob Neal
New Sharon
turkeyman

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics