Future Football Schedules

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Future Football Schedules

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:52 pm

fafan wrote:Was hoping ND was home Saturday 9/5 but they are at Navy, too bad. :(

Not sure if you are an ND fan or just looking for a cool game to attend, but here are some available on the 5th:

Bowling Green @ Ohio State (2 1/2 hours from Muncie)
Northwestern @ Michigan State ( 3 1/2 hrs from Muncie)

Purdue, Indiana and Michigan are all on the road that weekend as well. However, the 2 listed above are both great stadiums and atmospheres to watch football games.
parquetfloor

Postby fafan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:36 pm

parquetfloor wrote:
fafan wrote:Was hoping ND was home Saturday 9/5 but they are at Navy, too bad. :(

Not sure if you are an ND fan or just looking for a cool game to attend, but here are some available on the 5th:

Purdue, Indiana and Michigan are all on the road that weekend as well. However, the 2 listed above are both great stadiums and atmospheres to watch football games.

Thanks parquet for the info, The Horseshoe would be fun, plenty of time to decide ;)
fafan

Postby dunbar » Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:52 pm

Justabasketballfan wrote:I just can't let this lunacy go ... here's more from basketball_guy: "I suspect the game (a football game between Maine and Alabama) will happen at some point."

Yeah, maybe on Fantasy Island!

And, no one cares that you were a very low-level/walk-on "athlete" at both UMaine (JV player, 5 games ... whoop-dee-doo), and who knows under what circumstances at 'Bama. Even though you like to bring that up in just about every one of your posts.

You've got contacts at both schools?
Obviously, ones that, like you, don't have a clue!

We'd love to know who your "contacts" are at Maine. Are they the same ones who led you to believe that our land-grant institution will build a $100 million arena on campus, even though there's a perfectly good, modern arena 12 miles away with which we have at least a 10-year contract with for home games of our basketball teams?

The possibility of a game with 'Bama is so ridiculous a theory that it doesn't even merit an explanation of why it won't happen.

Hey, how are your contacts with the Patriots? Maybe we can get them on the schedule, too.

And, sorry fafan ... I just noticed the posts from basketball_guy about 'Bama/Maine and it drove me over the edge!!!
Yes, painful. To say the least.

You're very bad at ignoring things. Relax, dude.
dunbar

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 pm

fafan wrote:
parquetfloor wrote:

Thanks parquet for the info, The Horseshoe would be fun, plenty of time to decide ;)

No problem. The 'shoe is awesome! As is Michigan State for that matter. It's always cool walking by the Magic Johnson statue outside the Breslin Center on the way to the football game. Athletic facilities at this level are just ridiculously nice.
parquetfloor

Postby Justabasketballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:32 pm

To Dunbar ... I can ignore some things.
Just not off-the-wall, lunatic fairy tales that are neither relevant, timely, informative, factual or entertaining.
Sorry if I offended, but even the thought that 'Bama is going to play Maine is the most-offensive aspect of all of this.
Justabasketballfan

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:24 pm

Don't listen to this Justabasketballfan. I suggest all of you put him on Ignore as I have.

Maine contacted Alabama back in 2015. The Senior Associate AD at Alabama Finus Gaston let me know.
You can see the email below. I have no reason to make any of this up. I really don't. I am sure Maine contacts
a lot of Schools about playing. It is not like Alabama went out of their way to play Maine. Maine
was looking to play another FBS opponent in 2015. Perhaps they will in the future but no one here
has any idea when that may happen. But yes Maine did contact Alabama about a game in 2015.
Apparently nothing more came of it. I can see Justabasketballfan has a lot of things to say once again. Since
I no longer read any of his posts I am not going to respond to him any longer. :roll:

by basketball_guy » 23 Sep 2018 16:12
I would say yes there is a chance. Alabama already came to Maine to play Maine when Coach Callie was here and they lost to Maine in WBB.

That was a few years ago.

But yes I know Maine was under consideration in football back in 2015.

I did remove my name for privacy reasons.

Honestly, I don't know where this stands today. I suspect the game will happen at some point

-----Original Message-----
To:
Sent: Thu, Jul 16, 2015 11:25 am
Subject: RE: I think Maine would be a Natural Rival for Alabama

Thank you. We have received some interest from Maine, and we will explore the feasibility of such a game.

Finus
basketball_guy

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:38 pm

a natural rival? this stuff is laugh out loud funny. what kind of natural rivalry is there in literally any sport. this whole conversation is laughable. for your own sanity, just give it up.

it's never, ever, ever going to happen and that guy was just being nice to you via email because it's tacky for a university employee to tell you off.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:42 pm

Perhaps...we shall see. But I did not bring any of this up...this post was so old why bring it up at all.
I am just not going to respond to that other guys posts...period.
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:57 pm

Not that it matters but Maine will not be on Alabama's schedule thru at least 2029, although
these schedules do not include a full list of our out of conference opponents so that could change.
But as far as Maine not being able to play Alabama. Look UT Chattanooga, Georgia State, Georgia
Southern were all on Alabama's schedule when they were FCS programs and actually Georgia Southern
gave Saban a real scare with their Wishbone offensive schemes. As these schedules are not complete
anything may be possible. But I did not bring this up today. I want to be clear about that and also that
University employee is the Senior Associate AD at Alabama. But he is a good man as is the Maine athletic
department. I have no idea what Maine's plans are anymore than I do Alabama's plans. But having been an
athlete at both schools I chat with a lot of people from both schools. That's just how it is. I like both schools.
I have no reason to make any of this up honestly...I love Maine football and Alabama football as I do both
basketball programs.

uture Alabama Non-Conference Opponents
08/31 - vs Duke (in Atlanta, GA)
09/07 - New Mexico State
09/21 - Southern Miss
11/23 - Western Carolina
09/05 - vs USC (in Arlington, TX)
09/12 - Georgia State
09/26 - Kent State
11/14 - UT Martin
09/04 - vs Miami (FL) (in Atlanta, GA)
09/25 - Southern Miss
11/13 - New Mexico State
TBA - Mercer
09/03 - Utah State
09/10 - at Texas
09/17 - ULM
09/02 - Central Michigan
09/09 - Texas
09/16 - WKU
09/06 - ULM
09/05 - at West Virginia
09/04 - West Virginia
09/02 - at Notre Dame
09/01 - Notre Dame
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:28 pm

Maines football schedule

In looking at Maines future footballs schedule they are set thru 2021.
But while most other schools have their schedules set thru at least 2025
I don't see Maine's future schedule beyond 2021. Perhaps that is nothing.
But I find it a bit strange.

https://fbschedules.com/future-college- ... schedules/
basketball_guy

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics