Future Football Schedules

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Future Football Schedules

Postby fafan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:36 pm

BearDown wrote:Agreed @maine612. And there aren't enough David Lettermans in this world to make that place any more enticing @UMaineSuperFan

Here is the article from Ball State, 400K nice enticement. No nothing about the area but will take your guys advice. Looks like it is another trip to Renstschler Stadium, man it would be sweet to finally beat those frigging Huskies ;)

The Ball State Cardinals will play Maine in 2020 and have scheduled a home-and-home series with Army for 2023 and 2024, FBSchedules.com has learned.

Copies of contracts for the Maine and Army games were obtained from Ball State University via a state public records request.

Ball State will host the Maine Black Bears at Scheumann Stadium in Muncie, Indiana, on Thursday, Sept. 3, 2020. The Cardinals will pay the Black Bears a $400,000 guarantee for playing the game, according to the copy of the contract.

The 2020 contest between Ball State and Maine will be their first-ever matchup on the gridiron.

Maine competes in the Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) of the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS). The Black Bears advanced to the 2018 FCS Playoff semifinals, but fell at Eastern Washington 50-19.

Ball State’s 2020 non-conference slate is now tentatively complete with the addition of Maine. The Cardinals are also scheduled to play at Michigan (Sept. 12) and Indiana (Sept. 19) and host Wyoming (Sept. 26) that season.

Ball State and Army will begin a home-and-home series on Sept. 9, 2023 at Michie Stadium in West Point, New York. The series will conclude the following season on Aug. 31, 2024 at Scheumann Stadium.

Ball State and Army first met on the gridiron in 1999 and played most recently in 2014 in West Point, which resulted in a 33-24 Army win. The overall series is all square at three games apiece.

Army is also scheduled to visit Scheumann Stadium on Oct. 2, 2021, which was previously announced. This game is part of an agreement that dates back to 2009. Army was originally slated to visit Muncie in 2017, but the contest was pushed back to 2021.

The addition of Army gives Ball State three opponents on their 2023 non-conference schedule, which also includes a game at Kentucky (Sept. 2) and a home contest against Georgia Southern (Sept. 23).

Army is the second non-conference opponent scheduled for Ball State in 2024. The Cardinals are slated to host Liberty on Sept. 21.
fafan

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Downtown Indianapolis is only an hour and 15 mins or so from Muncie. Tons of things to do/see there as well as some of the suburbs like Noblesville and Fishers, that are both actually closer to Muncie. If you are a fan of auto racing, you have the Indianapolis Motor Speedway along with their Hall of Fame. If you are a fan of college campuses, you have Butler University (Indy), Notre Dame (2.5 hrs from Muncie), Purdue (2 hrs from Muncie) and Indiana (2 hrs from Muncie). If you love college athletics, the NCAA Hall of Champions is downtown Indy and is really cool. If you love golf, you have tons of courses not to mention Top Golf in Fishers. If you love zoos, the Indianapolis Zoo is amazing.

The area is great if Muncie isn't really your cup of tea.
parquetfloor

Postby maine612 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:02 pm

I will say this place is awesome.

http://elmstbrewing.com/

If you go to Muncie, and like beer, I suggest a stop.

maine612

Postby parquetfloor » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:08 pm

maine612 wrote:I will say this place is awesome.

Yes it is! I was trying to recall the name of that place.
parquetfloor

Postby thebam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:45 pm

maine612 wrote:I will say this place is awesome.

Consider it done, if they offer a selection of American Pilsners.
thebam

Postby fafan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Was hoping ND was home Saturday 9/5 but they are at Navy, too bad. :(
fafan

Postby Justabasketballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:23 pm

This from basketball_guy: "I have it on fairly good authority that Maine is trying to get Alabama on their future schedule."

On what authority? Your fertile imagination?
This isn't happening in anyone's lifetime!!!

Hope you're not talking about football, but it appears that you are.

And, also, this: "I think Maine could give Alabama all it could handle."

Holy sweet mother of mercy.
Maine could give 'Bama all it could handle?

Is any more commentary needed on that fallacy?

Yes, better chance of Bama's football team playing against the New England Patriots than against UMaine.
Justabasketballfan

Postby fafan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Justabasketballfan wrote:This from basketball_guy: "I have it on fairly good authority that Maine is trying to get Alabama on their future schedule."

Yes, better chance of Bama's football team playing against the New England Patriots than against UMaine.

OMG, justabasketball fan please refrain from addressing some of these out to lunch posts they were painfull months ago and even more painfull to see you bring it up again. It makes me want to drive slivers under my fingernails :roll: :lol:
fafan

Postby thebam » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:36 pm

Justabasketballfan wrote:This from basketball_guy: "I have it on fairly good authority that Maine is trying to get Alabama on their future schedule."

When Portland gets the 20,000 seat football stadium and Maine goes to FBS level, Bama might come here and play us. hahaha.
In the meantime.. 19 March.. Maine @ Alabama. That will have to do.
thebam

Postby Justabasketballfan » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:40 pm

I just can't let this lunacy go ... here's more from basketball_guy: "I suspect the game (a football game between Maine and Alabama) will happen at some point."

Yeah, maybe on Fantasy Island!

And, no one cares that you were a very low-level/walk-on "athlete" at both UMaine (JV player, 5 games ... whoop-dee-doo), and who knows under what circumstances at 'Bama. Even though you like to bring that up in just about every one of your posts.

You've got contacts at both schools?
Obviously, ones that, like you, don't have a clue!

We'd love to know who your "contacts" are at Maine. Are they the same ones who led you to believe that our land-grant institution will build a $100 million arena on campus, even though there's a perfectly good, modern arena 12 miles away with which we have at least a 10-year contract with for home games of our basketball teams?

The possibility of a game with 'Bama is so ridiculous a theory that it doesn't even merit an explanation of why it won't happen.

Hey, how are your contacts with the Patriots? Maybe we can get them on the schedule, too.

And, sorry fafan ... I just noticed the posts from basketball_guy about 'Bama/Maine and it drove me over the edge!!!
Yes, painful. To say the least.
Justabasketballfan

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics