[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Future Football Schedules

Future Football Schedules

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Future Football Schedules

Postby dunbar » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:35 pm

What we know so far. It appears that Maine will have a home-and-home with Colgate, starting in Hamilton in 2019. We know that the New Hampshire game will end the regular season from here on out, so that is included as well. 2019 is a twelve game year, so Maine needs a home opponent for next year to round out the schedule.

2019:
9/7 at Georgia Southern
9/21 at Colgate
10/19 at Liberty
11/23 at New Hampshire

2020:
TBD Colgate?
11/21 New Hampshire

2021:
9/25 at Northern Illinois
11/13 at Massachusetts
11/20 at New Hampshire
dunbar

Re: Future Football Schedules

Postby mainejeff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:24 am

Great job dunbar as always.

I still wish they had cancelled the Liberty game knowing what that school stands for.

You would think that Maine could get a home & home going with Bryant, Central Connecticut or Sacred Heart. Any of those programs would give their left one to get a CAA team to come to their place.
mainejeff

Postby fafan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:34 am

Colgate won the Patriot league and will be a tough out, they play UNH next week coincidentally. Colgate lost to Richmond by only a FG last year.
Could 2020 be the first year in a long time we only get one FBS team, would allow us alot better opportunity for a W.
Agree that CCSU who seems to be tops in the NEC would be a logical opponent.
fafan

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:58 pm

I have it on fairly good authority that Maine is trying to get Alabama on their future schedule.
Not sure when that may happen, it would certainly be an interesting game. As Maine came down
to Starkville and beat Mississippi State I am not sure Alabama should be entertaining that idea but
will see.

It would be a big payday for Maine certainly.
basketball_guy

Postby thebam » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:07 pm

basketball_guy wrote:I have it on fairly good authority that Maine is trying to get Alabama on their future schedule.
Not sure when that may happen, it would certainly be an interesting game. As Maine came down
to Starkville and beat Mississippi State I am not sure Alabama should be entertaining that idea but
will see.

Beating a thoroughly horrible Mississippi St. team , in the rain as I recall?, is a whole different breed of cat than playing Alabama. I can't honestly think of a positive reason to play Bama. You can get a paycheck from any number of FBS schools that won't put half your roster in intensive care. Maine has more to lost than gain by playing a team of that caliber. Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have them on the schedule. The optics are neat, but the reality is, Maine benefits nothing from playing the undisputed best program in the country.
thebam

Postby fafan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:37 pm

thebam wrote:
basketball_guy wrote:I have it on fairly good authority that Maine is trying to get Alabama on their future schedule.
will see.

Beating a thoroughly horrible Mississippi St. team , in the rain as I recall?, is a whole different breed of cat than playing Alabama. I can't honestly think of a positive reason to play Bama. You can get a paycheck from any number of FBS schools that won't put half your roster in intensive care. Maine has more to lost than gain by playing a team of that caliber. Not saying it wouldn't be cool to have them on the schedule. The optics are neat, but the reality is, Maine benefits nothing from playing the undisputed best program in the country.

Have to agree no comparison from that terrible Miss.St team to Alabama, But have to say from a recruiting and fan interest I would love the chance to see Maine play the Tide. Don't believe half the team would end up in the intensive care unit, bring on the Tide :D
fafan

Postby MrStark » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:15 pm

will see.

Your authority is wrong.
MrStark

Postby dunbar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:16 pm

will see.

LOL. No.
dunbar

Postby basketball_guy » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:35 am

I wish I was wrong but alas I am not. I really don't want Alabama to play Maine. We have more to lose than to gain.
But I want see both Alabama and Maine do well. Not really looking for such a game. Apparently Maine contacted Alabama about it. That was a couple of years ago.

As nothing came of it then, I doubt anything will hopefully. I think Maine could give Alabama all it could handle.
No one expected Georgia Southern to Bama a game and they almost beat us...
basketball_guy

Postby mainejeff » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:01 am

F Alabama.
mainejeff

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics