[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Have 3 former UMaine Men's BB Coaching Staff found jobs yet?

Have 3 former UMaine Men's BB Coaching Staff found jobs yet?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Have 3 former UMaine Men's BB Coaching Staff found jobs yet?

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:10 pm

IT HAS BEEN OVER 4 MONTHS since the former UMaine men's basketball coaching staff left from the UMaine men's basketball program.

The only news about any of them that I have seen has been that assistant Tyler Schlegel got an assistant job at D-3 Bridgewater State.

Head Coach Bob Walsh's attendance at "The Basketball Tournament".

Coach Gray ran a basketball camp this summer.

Assistant coach Bob Simon's who in my opinion was the most qualified assistant basketball coach ever to coach at UMaine and the other coaches (Walsh, Simon and Gray) except Tyler Schlegel have to my knowledge not announced if they have found coaching positions for next season.

It is getting very late to find a coaching job at the D-1 level for next season.

It is especially hard for assistant coaches who are hardly ever kept on when the head coach leaves to find D-1 jobs. Usually it is easier for the head coach to get a new head or assistant D-1 job.

If any MBRers have any news if Coach Bob Walsh and his other 2 assistants Simons and Gray have found coaching positions for next year please post here on MBR.

Coach Walsh is still doing his Basketball BLOG which I read daily and his BLOGS are still very interesting, relevant, timely and important basketball wise.

Hope all 3 find something for this coming season basketball wise if they still want to remain in college basketball coaching.

Coach Bob Simon was hired at Maine last mid September so there still probably is time for the staff to find a basketball position this year if that is their desire.

Again I wish them good fortunate in finding new coaching positions. College coaching especially at the D-1 level is a very tough job as it is usually based on winning in order to keep their jobs and the assistants usually have a much harder time finding new positions then the head coach.
bcbc55

Re: Have 3 former UMaine Men's BB Coaching Staff found jobs

Postby mainejeff » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:53 am

Walsh tweeted that he is happy to be playing golf instead of recruiting. Sorry BW fans but the guy is a coaching weirdo.
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 am

The obsession with Coach Walsh has officially become disturbing.
thebam

Postby cantdothat » Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:36 pm

MBB: Providence, RI, native Antone Gray named to @BrownBasketball men's basketball coaching staff.
cantdothat

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:12 pm

cantdothat wrote:MBB: Providence, RI, native Antone Gray named to @BrownBasketball men's basketball coaching staff.

"can'tdothat": Thank you. Now what about Bob Walsh and Bob Simon? Really getting late to even get an assistant D-1 job now. D-1 hoops start practice in 25 days, OCT 1.
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:29 am

After Bob Simon was let go at Alabama he went back to Ohio and was the Head Basketball Coach at
Southview high School in Ohio.

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... aches.html

But then UMAINE called and he was back under Walsh at UMAINE.

But now the Southview job is open again.

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... coach.html

I don't know what happened at Alabama but things happen, and obviously things were going to happen under Walsh at UMAINE last year.

Just unfortunate, because he was under serious consideration for the University of Delaware job as well as the Fairfield University job when he was an Assistant Coach at Providence.

It may be that Bob just wants to take a break from Coaching. Time will tell but he is an excellent recruiter and I suspect we will hear from him again.
basketball_guy

Postby cantdothat » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:15 am

Cim, practices start September 25, 2018.
cantdothat

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:16 pm

[quote="basketball_guy"]After Bob Simon was let go at Alabama he went back to Ohio and was the Head Basketball Coach at
Southview high School in Ohio.

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... aches.html

But then UMAINE called and he was back under Walsh at UMAINE.

But now the Southview job is open again.

http://www.toledoblade.com/High-School/ ... coach.html

I don't know what happened at Alabama but things happen, and obviously things were going to happen under Walsh at UMAINE last year.

Just unfortunate, because he was under serious consideration for the University of Delaware job as well as the Fairfield University job when he was an Assistant Coach at Providence.

It may be that Bob just wants to take a break from Coaching. Time will tell but he is an excellent recruiter and I suspect we will hear from him again.[/quote

"basketball_guy: Thanks for the informaion. Hope Bob finds something that he likes. As I stated before he is the most qualified basktball assistant coach in the history of UMaine men's or women's basketball.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:18 pm

cantdothat wrote:Cim, practices start September 25, 2018.

"cantdothat: Thanks for the corection as I thought it always began Oct 1st of each year. Good only 19 days instead of 24 days. The sooner the better. Thanks again.
bcbc55

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics