[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - WEEK 1: New Hampshire at Maine

WEEK 1: New Hampshire at Maine

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WEEK 1: New Hampshire at Maine

Postby MattyB » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:37 am

Maine football having good nerves ahead of opener: https://t.co/cuG9tQIIrK
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby dunbar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:48 am

https://bangordailynews.com/2018/08/28/ ... next-year/

Thank God for the CAA. Yes, this is a decision to make scheduling on their end easier, but it's still the right decision.

I love the quotes from Harasymiak and McDonnell bascially saying this shouldn't have been changed in the first place.
dunbar

Postby fafan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:21 am

dunbar wrote:https://bangordailynews.com/2018/08/28/sports/umaine-sports/umaine-will-return-rivalry-game-against-new-hampshire-to-end-of-season-next-year/

Thank God for the CAA. Yes, this is a decision to make scheduling on their end easier, but it's still the right decision.

I love the quotes from Harasymiak and McDonnell bascially saying this shouldn't have been changed in the first place.

I understand wanting to play it the end of the season but please acknowledge it will be played in front a 1/2 filled stadium as was the case 2 years ago when a win by us at home would have put us into the playoffs. A cold cloudy day with a noon start and everything on the line and a half capacity crowd. We just don't draw for games in November!!! We all know if this game should had been played Saturday night we might have had a full stadium, terrible excuse by the University that public safety kept this from happening. Frosh move in Friday, upper classman move in Sunday, problem prevented :(
fafan

Postby dunbar » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:36 am

OK, here's the advantage of playing at the end of the regular season:

Let's say we average 8K for the home opener. Play New Hampshire, and you bump that to about 9000-9500. At most, you jump 1500. 20 years ago, when the renovated stadium opened vs. New Hampshire, only drew 9200.

Average attendance in November is about 3500. However, playing New Hampshire, the average is about 5500-6000, so you're looking at a minimum jump of 2000.

2000>1500 #math

New Hampshire is the only opponent that you're going to draw a decent crowd for in November. You're going to get a good crowd for the home opener anyways, so maximize your potential revenue and scheduling accordingly.
dunbar

Postby fafan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:16 am

Dunbar,
Agree to disagree. I am just upset with this being played before students are on campus and only 4 home games and the continued two FBS games. The AD department has not been helpful to this team in supporting and scheduling them the way other CAA teams are supported. End of conversation, have beat this topic to death :)
Being a band guy I assume you know if they will be there to support the team?

Certainly like the forecast 70F and dewpoint dropping to 60 at kickoff, should be a great nite for football!!!
fafan

Postby NionNion » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Marching band will be in attendance. Been hearing them practice all week
NionNion

Postby fafan » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:15 pm

NionNion wrote:Marching band will be in attendance. Been hearing them practice all week

Nice, couldn't imagine them not being there but the way things have gone who knows :roll:

Heard some RA's will be in attendance so will have a couple of students at least :lol: :lol: :lol:
fafan

Postby RForester » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:02 pm

dunbar wrote:https://bangordailynews.com/2018/08/28/sports/umaine-sports/umaine-will-return-rivalry-game-against-new-hampshire-to-end-of-season-next-year/

“And it should be a CAA game that is worth even more than it is now.”

I feel like we should count every CAA game as equal -- doesn't matter what time of year the game is...it's either a win or a loss.
RForester

Postby MattyB » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:21 am

UMaine football team ready for opener against UNH Tonight: https://t.co/X4vyoLvn13
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Postby dunbar » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:39 am

RForester wrote:

“And it should be a CAA game that is worth even more than it is now.”

I feel like we should count every CAA game as equal -- doesn't matter what time of year the game is...it's either a win or a loss.

I agree the quote is kinda dumb, but I think Joe is referring to the last chance situation where everything is on the line in the season finale.
dunbar

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics