[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Outgoing UMaine athletics director praised by coaches, bashe

Outgoing UMaine athletics director praised by coaches, bashe

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Outgoing UMaine athletics director praised by coaches, bashe

Postby sakurasanta86 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:19 am

...But Will Rogers, president of the 86-year-old M Club, an organization made up of UMaine letterwinners and honorees, said there is “nothing negative” about Creech’s departure.

“The M Club is glad he’s gone,” said Rogers.

Former M Club president and UMaine baseball captain Dennis Libbey, a longtime member of Friends of Maine Baseball, said, “It’s time for a change.”

“He’s the worst athletic director we’ve had in 40 years. And that’s saying something because we’ve had a couple of real bad ones,” said longtime UMaine athletics supporter Frank Jordan.
sakurasanta86

Re: Outgoing UMaine athletics director praised by coaches, b

Postby mainejeff » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:54 am

A bunch of old fogies hated him....big deal. :roll:

Many of UM athletics troubles of the past involved people & organizations outside the athletic dept. I hope we don't go back to those days!
mainejeff

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:18 pm

mainejeff wrote:A bunch of old fogies hated him....big deal. :roll:

Many of UM athletics troubles of the past involved people & organizations outside the athletic dept. I hope we don't go back to those days!

Completely agree. I happen to know a couple of those guys, one of them pretty well, and the term "bitter" comes to mind. And not just about UMaine athletics, but life in general.

I find it funny that someone created a new username just to post that nonsense. Or maybe it's a brand new poster. Either way, someone has a grudge.
parquetfloor

Postby RForester » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 pm

sakurasanta86 wrote:...But Will Rogers, president of the 86-year-old M Club, an organization made up of UMaine letterwinners and honorees, said there is “nothing negative” about Creech’s departure.

“The M Club is glad he’s gone,” said Rogers.

Former M Club president and UMaine baseball captain Dennis Libbey, a longtime member of Friends of Maine Baseball, said, “It’s time for a change.”

“He’s the worst athletic director we’ve had in 40 years. And that’s saying something because we’ve had a couple of real bad ones,” said longtime UMaine athletics supporter Frank Jordan.

Great post. Really brings a lot to mbr.org.
RForester

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics