[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Athletic Director

Athletic Director

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Athletic Director

Postby MrStark » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:47 am

Nope, my grandfather was an All-American at Pitt and Pitt has never really been the same
since Pop Warner left. My grandfather played for Pop Warner for four years and they went 29-0
over four years, won three College Division 1A championships at PITT from 1914 to 1918.

I think Heather is trying hard but no I don't think a female AD works for football.

Nuff said...

Pitt was never the same? Check your facts, they have won 6 national titles since Pop Warner left. Plus they had a Heisman winner in Tony Dorsett. Also you do know that we are FCS right? Which, if it was still used is 1-AA not 1-A. You probably think we're still called UMO too.
MrStark

Postby RForester » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:54 am

basketball_guy wrote:[img]http://historicpittsburgh.org/islandora/object/pitt:FTBL22.UA[/img]

Nope, my grandfather was an All-American at Pitt and Pitt has never really been the same
since Pop Warner left. My grandfather played for Pop Warner for four years and they went 29-0
over four years, won three College Division 1A championships at PITT from 1914 to 1918.

I think Heather is trying hard but no I don't think a female AD works for football.

Nuff said...

Pop Warner was a coach, not an AD. what is it that a male AD can do for football that a female AD wouldn't be able to do?
RForester

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

How many women have seen play on a Division 1A football program? I think there has been one
and she was a kicker. I am not going to get into this gender argument. UMAINE has enough issues
right now with fundraising and their basketball program as well as having to use the football
program a sacrificial lamb to help finance not only their football program but other athletic programs as well
by playing two FBS opponents every year.

It really does not matter whom the AD is as long as they have the experience and vision to move UMAINE
into a fiscal plan and vision for the next 10 years.

Oh by the way, Warner was the AD and football Coach at PITT for four years. It was only after Jock
Sutherland took over in 1921 that he left for Stanford.
basketball_guy

Postby RForester » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:27 pm

basketball_guy wrote:How many women have seen play on a Division 1A football program? I think there has been one and she was a kicker. I am not going to get into this gender argument. UMAINE has enough issues
right now with fundraising and their basketball program as well as having to use the football program a sacrificial lamb to help finance not only their football program but other athletic programs as well by playing two FBS opponents every year.

It really does not matter whom the AD is as long as they have the experience and vision to move UMAINE
into a fiscal plan and vision for the next 10 years.

Oh by the way, Warner was the AD and football Coach at PITT for four years. It was only after Jock
Sutherland took over in 1921 that he left for Stanford.

Yeah, because Greg Byrne (alabama) and Greg McGarity just to name a few, have all kinds of experience playing college football!!!
RForester

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:50 pm

When I said experience it was met experience working as an AD....

I think I am going to withdraw from this conversation. I mean UMAINE right now
is rudderless without an AD. They need to get someone in who can turn things around
if that is even possible. Hopefully it is and they will stick around longer than four years...
basketball_guy

Postby RForester » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:43 pm

basketball_guy wrote:When I said experience it was met experience working as an AD....

I think I am going to withdraw from this conversation. I mean UMAINE right now
is rudderless without an AD. They need to get someone in who can turn things around
if that is even possible. Hopefully it is and they will stick around longer than four years...

You wrote "How many women have seen play on a Division 1A football program? I think there has been one and she was a kicker."

Why did you say, then, "I think there has been one and she was a kicker."? By adding a position to your statement, you were clearly and implicitly saying that Division I ADs at schools with football need experience playing football. There needs to be an AD that won't kowtow to crotchety old MCllub members, FOMH, coaches, etc. They need to stick around for at least 10 years to see a vision through. GENDER is theoretically irrelevant to the capabilities of an AD -- it's only made relevant when comments implying that the job of an AD at a Division I school with football needs to be a man. GENDER should not be the cynosure of an AD...but unfortunately, the societal conditioning and upbringing of 75% of the 207 community had rooted the thought that gender - not values or capabilities - determine the ability to lead.
RForester

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:34 pm

I don't really care if the AD is a HE or a SHE. UMAINE has so many issues to deal with
without even getting into this gender issue you seem all bent out of shape on....

Whomever takes over as AD is going to have a lot of work cut out for him or her. I would
say we should all get behind whomever they decide on because this next AD is going to need
everyones help going forward.

Please stop with the gender issue. You have no argument from me.
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:37 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDXg2D9cElg

I am not looking for an argument over gender equality. I just want a visionary AD.

If you want an argument talk to Monty Python...
basketball_guy

Postby Linguist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:27 am

Almost wish I hadn't opened up this thread to catch up on it and see where things stood.

Because when I opened it up I found BCBC55 believes being an Athletic Director at John Bapst in the 1980's is the same as running a Division 1 Universities Athletic Department in 2018.

Then I read BasketballGuy believes only males should be the Athletic Director, and preferably only males who've played football.

I wonder what I will find on the next thread.
Linguist

Postby RForester » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:35 am

Linguist wrote:Almost wish I hadn't opened up this thread to catch up on it and see where things stood.

Because when I opened it up I found BCBC55 believes being an Athletic Director at John Bapst in the 1980's is the same as running a Division 1 Universities Athletic Department in 2018.

Then I read BasketballGuy believes only males should be the Athletic Director, and preferably only males who've played football.

I wonder what I will find on the next thread.

I heard Blake James is interested in coming back.
RForester

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics