[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Athletic Director

Athletic Director

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Athletic Director

Postby thebam » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 am

RForester wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Good hire on paper. Maybe his first act can be to revamp the really dumb changes made to football games & tailgating this season....probably too late for that. Oh well...when attendance and revenues tank....changes will be made for next season.

His priorities need to be:

1. Hockey/Alfond
2. New turf for football
3. Directing resources toward men's basketball to help make them competitive with peers.

I don't understand how a large % of Maine fans fail so badly to comprehend the logical, ethical reasons that there are rules in place for tailgating/football/friends groups -- you name it. If any changes are made to bring Maine up to speed, you'd think the world hath endeth.

Up to speed with whom? In perusing the policies for my upcoming trip to Western Kentucky , it appears that they A: Offer tailgating without a fee
B: Offer beer/alcohol at their concessions
C: Allow re-entry into their stadium.

This is just one example. I am sure there are more, but I don't have that kind of time right now to further research.
thebam

Postby RForester » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:33 pm

thebam wrote:
RForester wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Good hire on paper. Maybe his first act can be to revamp the really dumb changes made to football games & tailgating this season....probably too late for that. Oh well...when attendance and revenues tank....changes will be made for next season.

His priorities need to be:

1. Hockey/Alfond
2. New turf for football
3. Directing resources toward men's basketball to help make them competitive with peers.

I don't understand how a large % of Maine fans fail so badly to comprehend the logical, ethical reasons that there are rules in place for tailgating/football/friends groups -- you name it. If any changes are made to bring Maine up to speed, you'd think the world hath endeth.

Up to speed with whom? In perusing the policies for my upcoming trip to Western Kentucky , it appears that they A: Offer tailgating without a fee
B: Offer beer/alcohol at their concessions
C: Allow re-entry into their stadium.

This is just one example. I am sure there are more, but I don't have that kind of time right now to further research.

The 21st century. Also, there certainly are more schools but for every school you find with your dream list of amenities, there is one that doesn't hit the tenets on that list (ex. Delaware).

My point was that Maine fans tend to complain about policy updates that are made to bring the school and teams we all love on par with other schools...but then complain later when Maine isn't on par with other schools. Getting rid of friends groups raised more money and will benefit the department...but people want the friends groups to return, which would push the department backwards. Instituting a re-entry policy allows fans to stay safe...but apparently that doesn't matter.
RForester

Postby mainejeff » Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:50 pm

I just don’t think that 4 home games (none in September), a stricter and more expensive tailgating policy, crappy concessions and higher ticket prices are the way to increase gameday revenue.....but obviously someone thinks it’s the way to go. What do I know?......
mainejeff

Postby MattyB » Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:34 am

The media tour begins..

Ken Ralph is going to have to re-stock his wardrobe. Out with the black and gold, in with the blue and white. The former Colorado College Director of Athletics is excited for his next chapter at UMaine. https://t.co/g77fXPZyPJ
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics