umaine/unh mens basketball

Post info or Comments: UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics

Re: umaine/unh mens basketball

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:55 pm

this team is now competitive in virtually every game. they can beat anyone in the conference on any given night and they have proven that. the same could not be said for last years team. i call that improvement. oh snap
over under on justin edwards dunks this year: 1.5 per game
UMaineSuperfan

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:21 pm

UMaineSuperfan wrote:this team is now competitive in virtually every game. they can beat anyone in the conference on any given night and they have proven that. the same could not be said for last years team. i call that improvement. oh snap

And if they lose the play-in game......there will be NO improvement.

Oh........snap. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby aechamps » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:55 pm

MaineJeff, It was 15 years ago the last time we didn't have anybody on the all conference team.(First,second or third team)
aechamps

Postby mainejeff » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:05 pm

aechamps wrote:MaineJeff, It was 15 years ago the last time we didn't have anybody on the all conference team.(First,second or third team)

Hopefully, McNally will get a 3rd Team nod. He is our only hope.
mainejeff

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:35 pm

don't be so quick to quantify improvement with wins and losses only. i have watched/ listened to ALL of the maine basketball games and the games are much different. the team is much better than they were last year, anyone with half a brain could see that. the improvement of the conference has some influence on their record, which is why i think they're down by the bottom as opposed to somewhere in the middle. if you want to just look at our position in the conference and infer that the team stinks on ice as bad as it did last year then fine, go ahead, however i choose to believe that the team is better than last years, not only in comparison to last years team but also within the conference. record may not be much different, but each game bar one or two has been winnable in conference and the same could not be said last year.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby aechamps » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:46 pm

I would say they are mentally distracted. It shows in the way they present themselves on the court last night.To many excuses from the head coach has carried to some of the players. Blake James calls this improvement.
aechamps

Postby mainejeff » Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 am

A play-in game loss would be a play-in game loss no matter how much they've "improved".
mainejeff

Postby Patsfan07 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:57 am

mainejeff wrote:A play-in game loss would be a play-in game loss no matter how much they've "improved".

Gotta agree with that one....but let's hope it doesn't come down to that. Maine needs an inside game to make the big jump to the top of the AE....relies way too much on the jump shot to last for 40 mins each game.
Patsfan07

Postby mainejeff » Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Patsfan07 wrote:
mainejeff wrote:A play-in game loss would be a play-in game loss no matter how much they've "improved".

Gotta agree with that one....but let's hope it doesn't come down to that. Maine needs an inside game to make the big jump to the top of the AE....relies way too much on the jump shot to last for 40 mins each game.

Hopefully, one of the Canadian kids can take some of the pressure off McNally to do it all inside.
mainejeff

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:01 pm

i would think that the umass transfer travon wilcher will get more p.t. than allison next year. hopefully allison can put on some bulk and still keep his hops. apparently he gets his share of blocks but weighs under 200 pounds at 6'9" SKINNY
UMaineSuperfan

Previous

Return to UMaine and other D1 Schools / Topics