[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Postby bcbc55 » Sun May 06, 2018 8:19 pm

augie wrote:Anytime someone makes a statement and than says “but” or “however” that previous statement from them has zero truth.

You are not routing any % that it’s true.

"augie": Wow, I learn something new everyday even at my age.

I went back over the last two posts on this thread and found 2 howevers, in each post and eliminated them. After reading the sentence before the howevers and then the next sentence you really make sense to me. That is how much your post above impressed me. Seriously, you have to remember that I am only an old physical education teacher, AD, and coach.

I promise not to use any more buts or howevers in my posts, don't want to be considered that I am not telling the truth in any of my posts ere on MBR or in my BDN columns and BLOGS.

Seriously, thanks again. When you really think about it your post really makes a lot of sense.

Thanks again for your concern.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby CoachA » Sun May 06, 2018 8:31 pm

Hey Mario...that San Antonio Spurs female assistant also just interviewed for the Milwaukee Bucks head coaching job. Nag, nag, nag.
CoachA

Postby UMaineSuperfan » Sun May 06, 2018 9:29 pm

I cannot sit by and let the character of Bob Walsh be besmirched by CoachA, whomever that is.

Bob Walsh may not have won at UMaine, but to say that he wasn't preaching excellence, character, etc. is a JOKE. It's borderline libel, if we're being honest. The man started up his own leadership conference and podcast, is highly regarded by his coaching peers, and is (for the most part) beloved by his former players at multiple institutions dating back 15 years. Watch any practice video, behind the scenes video, listen to any interview he's done on radio, TV, halftime, post game, pre-game, etc. and you'll ALWAYS hear him talk about effort, accountability, character, leadership, etc. It was his single biggest focus, including x's and o's. It's literally Walsh's calling card. To claim that Bob Walsh wasn't preaching/teaching those values is, at best, willfully ignorant.
UMaineSuperfan

Postby mainejeff » Sun May 06, 2018 10:51 pm

And don't forget....Walsh was a great blogger! Just ask him.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Mon May 07, 2018 12:16 am

UMaineSuperfan wrote:I cannot sit by and let the character of Bob Walsh be besmirched by CoachA, whomever that is.

Bob Walsh may not have won at UMaine, but to say that he wasn't preaching excellence, character, etc. is a JOKE. It's borderline libel, if we're being honest. The man started up his own leadership conference and podcast, is highly regarded by his coaching peers, and is (for the most part) beloved by his former players at multiple institutions dating back 15 years. Watch any practice video, behind the scenes video, listen to any interview he's done on radio, TV, halftime, post game, pre-game, etc. and you'll ALWAYS hear him talk about effort, accountability, character, leadership, etc. It was his single biggest focus, including x's and o's. It's literally Walsh's calling card. To claim that Bob Walsh wasn't preaching/teaching those values is, at best, willfully ignorant.

"UMaieSuperfan": I agreed with most of your above post.

Found it interesting that you posted "Bob Walsh may not have won at UMaine". Guess it all depends on your definition of the word win. He did win 24 games in four years and 8 were against non D-1 competition. He was 24-100 for 19.4 winning % overall and 16-98 for 14.1 winning % versus D-1 teams.

I liked and appreciated a lot of his BLOGS. Too bad he couldn't X and O at UMaine as well as he BLOGGED because he is an excellent BLOGGER.

I really liked his own written BLOGS especially.
bcbc55

Postby Linguist » Mon May 07, 2018 8:20 am

ugh.

So many issues here. So much closed mindedness. So much antiquated thinking. Welcome to the new world you old coots.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Mon May 07, 2018 8:21 am

Bob Walsh was really a conundrum. Everything points to a beloved (?) decent man with a superior intellect. Ted Woodward had 2 of those 3. Maybe the problem was that Walsh treated the players as peers instead of being a figurehead in charge(?). Maine also needs a PT Barnum....a promoter, politician and game manager. Walsh sucked at those 3 things.
mainejeff

Postby CoachA » Mon May 07, 2018 8:51 am

Settle down, UMaineSuperfan. I never said those were not being taught..I said "I'm not so sure if they were"...only because of proof in the pudding in the way those athletes were acting on the court most of the time. And wasn't just pertaining to the Walsh era....Today's athletes are not always the most coachable so even if a coach is doing all the right things it's not always going to show up...that's all I was saying. Coaches also need to walk that out not just speak it out.
CoachA

Postby hoopsisme » Mon May 07, 2018 8:58 am

If you the coach get to buy the ingredients (players) uncoachable better not be an issue.
hoopsisme

Postby Blackbear28 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:50 am

I could definitely be wrong but as far as I know Walsh is the only basketball coach in Maine history to have one player break another players jaw.
Blackbear28

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics