[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Postby MattyB » Fri May 04, 2018 9:31 am

Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine’s men’s basketball team

Edniesha Curry’s basketball knowledge has touched men, women and children in nearly every corner of the world. Vietnam? Check. China? You bet. Israel? Absolutely. Palestine? Certainly.

Whether handling the rock herself as a former WNBA point guard, pacing the court with a whistle around her neck or occupying a seat on the bench with a clipboard in hand, Curry’s influence on the game itself extends far beyond her 38 years on earth.

That’s why it was a no-brainer for the University of Maine to name her an assistant coach of their men’s basketball team, making her the only woman currently serving as a full-time assistant coach in Division I men’s college basketball.

https://purpose2play.com/2018/05/02/edn ... ball-team/
Twitter.com/MattyinMaine
SportsTime780.com
MattyB

Re: Edniesha Curry to instill confidence in Maine Men's Team

Postby mario_spaghettio » Sat May 05, 2018 1:47 pm

So the head coaches only experience in D1 is coaching women and now there's a woman on the coaching staff? Is this some kind of joke?
mario_spaghettio

Postby bcbc55 » Sat May 05, 2018 2:23 pm

mario_spaghettio wrote:So the head coaches only experience in D1 is coaching women and now there's a woman on the coaching staff? Is this some kind of joke?

"mario spaghettio": No joke, but it is a great big sure attention getter to be the only one of 351 D-1 men's basketball teams to have this for next year.

Although we certainly have to give Coach Barron and his coaching staff a chance to turn the program around by the third year like Barron did the women's program after taking over a four year 24-94 record to go 17-15 the third season and now taking over a 4 year program of 24-100.

The proof of the pudding will be the 3rd year for the men.
bcbc55

Postby hoopsisme » Sat May 05, 2018 4:24 pm

Coach Barron at one point did coach men’s basketball. 1991-95 University of South Sewanee, Just not recently. He will do well. I honestly think he will do better coaching the men’s team!
hoopsisme

Postby bcbc55 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 pm

hoopsisme wrote:Coach Barron at one point did coach men’s basketball. Just not recently. He will do well. I honestly think he will do better coaching the men’s team!

"hoopsisme": Yes, he did it was his first college job at a D-3 school he was an assistant coach I believe and then he took over the women's head coaching job at the same D-3 school.

Well if he does better coaching the men's then he is going to have to do better at the latest be 17-15 or better at the end of his third year, unless he betters his first two years for UMaine women of 4 and 6 wins. The men won 6 and 8 the first 2 years under the past regime.
bcbc55

Postby PineTree101 » Sat May 05, 2018 6:15 pm

mario_spaghettio wrote:So the head coaches only experience in D1 is coaching women and now there's a woman on the coaching staff? Is this some kind of joke?

If you can coach, you can coach. No matter what genitalia you have.
PineTree101

Postby CoachA » Sat May 05, 2018 8:00 pm

Wow...didn't think there were still cavemen out there but I guess so...mario_spaghettio. A coach coaches the game not the gender. Coach Curry just finished coaching in the NBA....that would be MEN's....developmental league. Let me explain that to you...developing better skills in future NBA...that would be MEN....players. I'm guessing she knows a lot more about teaching the game then...oh let's say....YOU!
CoachA

Postby aechamps » Sat May 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Well said CoachA...!!
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:10 pm

The pressure is all on Coach Richard Barron, none on Coach Curry, as Barron was hired as the only men's head coach with no men's D-1 coaching experience of the 351 men's D-1 teams and coming directly from a D-1 womens head coaching position even though it is at the same school.

Barron then hired Curry after hiring Kevin Reed first, Curry 2nd and the Lee Prep Coach third, seeing that no other of the 351 D-1 men's teams have a women as an assistant coach at the present time.

Two different things, but it is unique as the Maine men's program is the only one of the 351 teams to have either let alone both together on the same team.

I disagree that if you can coach you can coach anyone. Girls are more coachable then boys and so are women players more coachable then men's players and the two games are not the same. The men's game is more athletic and physical and the men usually play the game using their athleticism more then the women who play the game more from the shoulders up then from the shoulders down as men have a tendency to do.

I have taught shooting lessons and run shooting camps to both boys and girls and I can tell you that girls are more coachable at all grade levels and try harder to please a coach then boys usually do. Girls usually improved more then the boys did in these shooting lessons.

It is harder to go from women's and girls to men and boys to coach than it is from men's and boys to women's and girls.

I do have 4 questions. Which one of the 3 assistant coaches Barron hired is the number 1 assistant, who is number 2 and who is number 3??? Or are they all the same with no order and each the same pay wise?
bcbc55

Postby augie » Sat May 05, 2018 11:56 pm

bcbc55 wrote:The pressure is all on Coach Richard Barron, none on Coach Curry, as Barron was hired as the only men's head coach with no men's D-1 coaching experience of the 351 men's D-1 teams and coming directly from a D-1 womens head coaching position even though it is at the same school.

Barron then hired Curry after hiring Kevin Reed first, Curry 2nd and the Lee Prep Coach third, seeing that no other of the 351 D-1 men's teams have a women as an assistant coach at the present time.

Two different things, but it is unique as the Maine men's program is the only one of the 351 teams to have either let alone both together on the same team.

I disagree that if you can coach you can coach anyone. Girls are more coachable then boys and so are women players more coachable then men's players and the two games are not the same. The men's game is more athletic and physical and the men usually play the game using their athleticism more then the women who play the game more from the shoulders up then from the shoulders down as men have a tendency to do.

I have taught shooting lessons and run shooting camps to both boys and girls and I can tell you that girls are more coachable at all grade levels and try harder to please a coach then boys usually do. Girls usually improved more then the boys did in these shooting lessons.

It is harder to go from women's and girls to men and boys to coach than it is from men's and boys to women's and girls.

I do have 4 questions. Which one of the 3 assistant coaches Barron hired is the number 1 assistant, who is number 2 and who is number 3??? Or are they all the same with no order and each the same pay wise?

Sexist much?

and who the freak cares who the number one asst is???

Demeanor???? Thanks for checking in Uncle Leo.
augie

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics