[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Have any of the departed Men's BB staff found jobs

Have any of the departed Men's BB staff found jobs

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Have any of the departed Men's BB staff have found jo

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:10 pm

basketball_guy wrote:After reading this nonsense I really wonder if this guy will ever get an opportunity to Coach again.
He had his chance at Maine...no sense in complaining over spilt milk so to speak. Hopefully Barron
can do much better. I think the culture at Maine is fine but they need to play better and learn to win.
Walsh talks about the culture at Maine and how losing was acceptable. Losing was never acceptable, and
there was nothing wrong with the culture at Maine. They just need to get some better players. Barron will
do fine given time.

http://coachbobwalsh.com/2018/06/17/getting-buy-in-2/

"baskethall_guy": Have you heard anything where Bob Simon is going to be next year?

Thought he was the most qualified and experienced assistant coach to ever coach at UMaine in either basketball programs in the school's basketball history.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:18 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
basketball_guy wrote:After reading this nonsense I really wonder if this guy will ever get an opportunity to Coach again.
He had his chance at Maine...no sense in complaining over spilt milk so to speak. Hopefully Barron
can do much better. I think the culture at Maine is fine but they need to play better and learn to win.
Walsh talks about the culture at Maine and how losing was acceptable. Losing was never acceptable, and
there was nothing wrong with the culture at Maine. They just need to get some better players. Barron will
do fine given time.

"baskethall_guy": Have you heard anything where Bob Simon is going to be next year?

Thought he was the most qualified and experienced assistant coach to ever coach at UMaine in either basketball programs in the school's basketball history.

Like Groundhog Day.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainejeff

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Have you read what Walsh is saying in his blog from June 20th. I mean talk about sour grapes. He does not take any responsibility for the past four years saying it was the culture of losing at UMAINE that caused the problem. I can honestly say with Chappelle and Gavett the UMAINE basketball culture was all about winning and not being
accepting of losing. I have no idea where Walsh is coming from here. God help the next college or school that ends up at.

https://twitter.com/coachsimon10?lang=en

Well, I have no idea where Bob Simon is at this point. He was coaching back in Toledo at Southview High School
before he came to UMAINE. That was after he had been terminated at Alabama by Avery Johnson for some idiotic
reason which I am not aware of. It appears he is working on his sailing techniques off the Maine Coast. As I said
he did love Maine, no question about it. But I don't honestly know what he is up to at this point although I still feel he got a raw deal back at Alabama and I am not a party to why he was terminated. I think it was political to be honest. Not my business at this point.
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:23 pm

basketball_guy wrote:http://coachbobwalsh.com/2018/06/17/getting-buy-in-2/

Have you read what Walsh is saying in his blog from June 20th. I mean talk about sour grapes. He does not take any responsibility for the past four years saying it was the culture of losing at UMAINE that caused the problem. I can honestly say with Chappelle and Gavett the UMAINE basketball culture was all about winning and not being
accepting of losing. I have no idea where Walsh is coming from here. God help the next college or school that ends up at.

https://twitter.com/coachsimon10?lang=en

Well, I have no idea where Bob Simon is at this point. He was coaching back in Toledo at Southview High School
before he came to UMAINE. That was after he had been terminated at Alabama by Avery Johnson for some idiotic
reason which I am not aware of. It appears he is working on his sailing techniques off the Maine Coast. As I said
he did love Maine, no question about it. But I don't honestly know what he is up to at this point although I still feel he got a raw deal back at Alabama and I am not a party to why he was terminated. I think it was political to be honest. Not my business at this point.

basketball_guy: Yes, I read Walsh's BLOG of reasons why he didn't have a winning season in his 4 years at Maine of June 20th.

Chappelle, Kneeling and Dr. Giannini all had winning seasons at UMaine. Chappelle 10 of 17, Kneeling 4 of 8 and Dr. G. 4 of 8.

Even Woodward had a couple of winning seasons of 10 years. Walsh no winning seasons in 4 years broke the streak of coaches having winning seasons during their tenures at UMaine...Chappelle, Kneeling and Giannini winning seasons for 3 coaches in a row.

Hope Bob Simon ends up coaching some where if he still wants to coach after his experiences at Alabama and UMaine.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:54 am

basketball_guy wrote:Have you read what Walsh is saying in his blog from June 20th. I mean talk about sour grapes. He does not take any responsibility for the past four years saying it was the culture of losing at UMAINE that caused the problem. I can honestly say with Chappelle and Gavett the UMAINE basketball culture was all about winning and not being

did you sleep through the 10 years of Ted Woodward? There is and was a culture of losing within the Men's program. Being the butt end of the trivia question about who has never made the post season? That's real. Even Chappelle and Gavett ( circa 1800s?) couldn't do it.
thebam

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:52 pm

I agree with you BAM. UMAINE has really never been in a position to get to the post-season but I believe with UMBC
making as much progress as they did this year that perhaps things may be looking up for the America East Conference but Walsh has definitely it a new low....and I just hope Barron can turn this situation around. The UMAINE basketball program is not that far off. They just need some better players and a bit of luck and hard work.
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:06 pm

basketball_guy wrote:I agree with you BAM. UMAINE has really never been in a position to get to the post-season but I believe with UMBC
making as much progress as they did this year that perhaps things may be looking up for the America East Conference but Walsh has definitely it a new low....and I just hope Barron can turn this situation around. The UMAINE basketball program is not that far off. They just need some better players and a bit of luck and hard work.

basketball_guy: And some successful basketball coaching like Barron did in turning the women's program around by his 3rd year of 17-15 after two 20 plus losing seasons.
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:15 pm

I think Walsh needs to stick to writing blogs...I don't know what to make of that guy...
basketball_guy

Postby Linguist » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:17 am

I didn't read it the same way others did I guess.

I saw Walsh saying he tried things and it didn't work. He came in and had to rebuild the culture, rebuild the desire, and what he was saying didn't connect with the players. I felt he took the blame for that.
Linguist

Postby basketball_guy » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:08 pm

I say lets forget Walsh....whats past is past...time to move on and get on board with Barron.
These past four years have been a nightmare...we have hit the lowpoint in UMAINE basketball.
It can only get better going forward.
basketball_guy

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics