America East Conference women's BB ty site changed

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: America East Conference women's BB ty site changed

Postby dunbar » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:32 pm

A unionized building such as the ex-CCCC priced out yet another event for Portland? Color me shocked. :roll:
dunbar

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 pm

ExpoEddie wrote:Shamrock Entertainment sponsored the tourney last two years and lost big time. I believe the cost was $40k to host at Cross Arena. Was some talk about moving it to the Expo for $18k. That would of been very nice. Either the Red Claws schedule or no sponsorship takers made them revert back.

"ExpoEddie": As I have said before, just can't beat your namesake, now that the Old Bangor Auditorium is gone, the EXPO is the best place to play and watch basketball atmosphere wise now in my opinion and still seat a good size crowd. Like the two ends seating which encloses the court.

Gone are the days of the 3 day tournaments here in Maine at any level except for AAU type tournies.

Now that is a real tournament 3 games in 3 days at a neutral site.
bcbc55

Postby ExpoEddie » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:00 pm

Old dogs like us bcbc55 miss the "Christmas" Tourney's that played for a champion too. While partial to the one at the Expo, there were many other wonderful venues before MPA had to schedule games during this break.

Was with my dad and uncle at Bangor when Mike Thurston threw in his shot from half court to beat Westbrook at the Bangor Auditorium. Many folks not aware that design was because its original intent was to be a hockey venue.
ExpoEddie

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics