[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Another team loses because they don't foul up 3 and on defen

Another team loses because they don't foul up 3 and on defen

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Another team loses because they don't foul up 3 and on defen

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Just watched another basketball team lose in overtime because they did not foul up 3 points, on defense and under 10 seconds to go.

Tonight's women's NCAA final four semi-final game Louisville doesn't foul Mississippi State and eventually lost the game in overtime because Mississippi State hit a game tying three to send the game to overtime.

Ever since the 3 point line came in for the NBA, College and High school at different times I have only seen a team lose in regulation time once, but have seen a lot lose in overtime.

4 thing have to happen if a team fouls in that situation to tie or win the game.
1. Make the first foul shot
2. Miss the second shot intentionally
3. Get the rebound
4. Make a two to tie and go to overtime or make a 3 and win the game in regulation time

If you are the coach what do you do "To foul or not too foul" that is the Shakesphere basketball question.

Wonder what the stats are for all the coaches in the world in that situation. From what I have seen more don't foul then do foul and so because they didn't foul more lost in overtime and none ever lost in overtime that I have seen.

I always fouled when I coached what would you do as a coach in that situation??????????????
bcbc55

Re: Another team loses because they don't foul up 3 and on d

Postby newmember » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:46 am

You said foul under 10 seconds? Isn't that plenty of time to miss 1st shot and kick out for 3pt shot...tie game? That's 2 things, and if team panics like ND in regulation mite steal inbound and win. Or even if they make 1st no time off so still seems like a lot of time.
newmember

Re: Another team loses because they don't foul up 3 and on d

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:32 pm

newmember wrote:You said foul under 10 seconds? Isn't that plenty of time to miss 1st shot and kick out for 3pt shot...tie game? That's 2 things, and if team panics like ND in regulation mite steal inbound and win. Or even if they make 1st no time off so still seems like a lot of time.

"newmember: Never seen a team lose in regulation that fouled under 10 seconds. The percentages off winning in 10 seconds or under is 99/100ths percent pure in all the games I have seen in this situation so I will go with the percentages. But the time you foul under 10 seconds is up to you the coach. Better to foul at 10 then not to foul at all and give them a three that ties the game.

Just my opinion.
bcbc55

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics