[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - 2018-2019 Men's Basketball Line-Up

2018-2019 Men's Basketball Line-Up

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

2018-2019 Men's Basketball Line-Up

Postby mainejeff » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:53 am

Obviously this is still a work in progress as we still don't know who is definitely transferring or who all of the new recruits will be. So for now I will go on what has been announced:

Transfers: Calixte, Bryant, Evans

Recruits: Moss, Komagum

Predicted Starting Line-Up:

PG - Moss
G - White
G - Lowndes
F - Komagum
F - Eze

Depth Chart:

PG - Araujo
G - Majstorovic
G - Ashley
F - Stojiljkovic
F - Fleming
F - Antoms

Thoughts?
mainejeff

Re: 2018-2019 Men's Basketball Line-Up

Postby Muchups » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:57 am

It's difficult to say without ever seeing him in person but after watching some highlights of Komagum I doubt he'll make much of an impact on the team.

He does have length which is great but his skills looked very raw (and frankly not good). He also didn't look very athletic or strong. I hope he surprises me but I think he'll struggle against improved competition.

I think Fleming is probably still the best option at forward. He's skilled and athletic but seems to be lacking something (is it confidence, tenacity, mental toughness). I think he still has potential to be really good.
Muchups

Postby fromthebench » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Fleming is your leading returning scorer, right? He got most of his points off isolations. More ball movement will help him.
fromthebench

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:23 pm

fromthebench wrote:Fleming is your leading returning scorer, right? He got most of his points off isolations. More ball movement will help him.

"fromthewoodenbench": Fleming leading scorer returning at 9.7 pg for 32 games, but I. White 11.1 for 24 games.

Fleming was forced to play out of position and that did not help his overall stats as it is tough enough to play the position you belong at in D-1 let alone play out of position.

Put and Start Fleming back where he belongs offensively facing the basket and post him up on mismatch situations. If Maine doesn't sign a true BIG 6'10 250lb then maybe between 6'8" 240lb Eze, 6'9" 218lb (hope he has increased his weight some lb Antoms and if they sign 6'8" 200lbs (needs 25 more pounds) J. Kamgum they can have a post player between them so Fleming can go back where he is much more effective.
bcbc55

Postby Blind Zebra » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:27 pm

If Fleming can improve his shooting and stretch it out to the 3 point line, he would be a matchup nightmare as a power 3/4 in the AE. He is best served playing next to a bigger post. Getting Eze back will take a good deal of pressure off of him. Fleming is an adept slasher, but his shooting needs to improve. Maine could potentially put a decent sized lineup on the floor next year. Eze-Stoj-Fleming-White-Bryant. I really hope Bryant comes back and gets healthy! Maine can then ease Moss in, as he transitions to a big leap in competition.
They could also opt for a more athletic lineup with Lowndes and Komagum at the forward spots. Really think Maine needs to hit the jack pot with a shooter. That seems to be the major weakness with this roster.
Blind Zebra

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:If Fleming can improve his shooting and stretch it out to the 3 point line, he would be a matchup nightmare as a power 3/4 in the AE. He is best served playing next to a bigger post. Getting Eze back will take a good deal of pressure off of him. Fleming is an adept slasher, but his shooting needs to improve. Maine could potentially put a decent sized lineup on the floor next year. Eze-Stoj-Fleming-White-Bryant. I really hope Bryant comes back and gets healthy! Maine can then ease Moss in, as he transitions to a big leap in competition.
They could also opt for a more athletic lineup with Lowndes and Komagum at the forward spots. Really think Maine needs to hit the jack pot with a shooter. That seems to be the major weakness with this roster.

Blind Zebra stripes: As usual another of your timely, insightful, informative and interesting posts.

I definitely totaly agree about what you posted about Fleming. He only shot 18.2% from behind the ARCtic stripe. Why was he shooting 3's? He shot 41.2% from the floor and 69.1% from the charit stripe.

I think he could become a average 3 point shooter or better with the correct shooting techniques. He has a good stroke at the foul line, he just doesn't get enough legs into his shot. Potential to shoot 75% if he would use more legs as he gets tired as the game progresses.

Hope Vincent Eze has put on additional poundage from his 218lb and can get into good basketball condition after his surgey last year.

If Calixe, Evans and Bryant go then Moss will have to step right in at point guard along with Fleming, White, Lowndes, Eze and Anthoms sharing post, and Ilija S., J. Komagum (who has potential and could start)off the bench. As far as a just plain pure shooter with range goes it is too bad that Taylor Shildroth of GSA didn't play at a AA school or go a year of prep school as he is the best high school perimeter shooter graduating this year or next year.

Just my basketball opinion: Like "different basketball strokes for different basketball folks".
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:22 pm

fromthebench wrote:Fleming is your leading returning scorer, right? He got most of his points off isolations. More ball movement will help him.

the departure of calixte fits right into this plan. Fleming will be the best player on this team next year.
thebam

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:41 pm

thebam wrote:

the departure of calixte fits right into this plan. Fleming will be the best player on this team next year.

thebam: Then Maine is in trouble if he is the best player scoring/shooting wise on this team next season based on his this season's shooting %. Unless he significantly improves his 18.2% 3 point shooting %, 41.2% field goal shooting % and his 69.1% foul shooting %. Improve to 3 pt shooting % to low 30's%, FG% to 45%, and foul shooting to 75% which is all do able if he gets the right and correct shooting instruction fundamentals and mechanics.

The same can be said for Ilija S., Eze and Anthoms except no 3 pointers. Concentrate on power layups on ball and head fakes and combinations of and foul shooting.

White, Ashley, and Lowndes excellent shooters, while verbal commits Moss, Kamgum and returning transfer from LaSalle Dusan M. are pretty sound fundamentally wise in shooting skills.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Here's a good hint about who will be back next season....

https://twitter.com/CoachBumaine/status ... 6675928064

L to R:

Fleming
Majstorovic
Eze
Wang
Stojiljkovic
Araujo
Antoms
White
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:46 pm

mainejeff wrote:Here's a good hint about who will be back next season....

https://twitter.com/CoachBumaine/status ... 6675928064

L to R:

Fleming
Majstorovic
Eze
Wang
Stojiljkovic
Araujo
Antoms
White

"mainejeff": Thanks for the info and the picture: Where is freshmen red shirt 6'5" walk on Rob Bristonas from Canada via Tilton Academy Prep School.
bcbc55

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics