[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Report: Blodgett out amid coaching changes at BU

Report: Blodgett out amid coaching changes at BU

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Report: Blodgett out amid coaching changes at BU

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:18 am

Report: Blodgett out amid women’s basketball coaching changes at Boston University

...The Clinton native, whose stellar career at Lawrence High School in Fairfield and at UMaine remain unparalleled, has been serving as the Terriers’ associate head coach.

Blodgett’s departure was reported on Twitter by Boston University student journalist Greg Levinsky, who was told by an athletics staff member that only assistant Jenny Thigpin will be retained from the current coaching staff.

BU director of athletics Drew Marrochello on Tuesday announced the firing of Steding, who recently completed her fourth season with the program.

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/03/14/s ... niversity/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Report: Blodgett out amid coaching changes at BU

Postby mikegormanfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:02 am

Would Vachon hire her as an asst coach? I have heard they have a good relationship.
mikegormanfan

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:29 am

I can only talk about mine and my daughters experience with Coach Blodgett, she was dynamite with my daughter in the recruiting process. She is very genuine, honest and a pleasure to speak with. I would love to see her back helping the Black Bears program. We have spoken to many college coaches over the last several years and to this day, coach still checks in. In fact, she reached out to the family after the state games.

Class act...
HoopHopeful

Postby mikegormanfan » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:55 am

Agreed Hoop...I went to school with Cindy at Lawrence. Always respected her. Would be great to see her back in Maine. The best two guards in Maine history leading the team.
mikegormanfan

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:02 am

Are you guys serious? I have no doubt that Blodgett is a decent person & you have a great personal relationship with her.....but she has NEVER been associated with WINNING as a college head or assistant coach. And the point is moot anyway. She would never return to the UM program in an official capacity after the ugliness that transpired during her time in Orono as head coach.

I went to Lawrence as well. I loved her as a HS & collegiate player.....but NO THANKS on her returning to UM in any coaching capacity.
mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:20 am

I wonder if Nia Irving is considering a transfer from BU now? Probably not.
mainejeff

Postby HoopHopeful » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:58 am

MaineJeff:

Being a good assistant coach is much different then being a head coach. It is very refreshing to talk to a "recruiter" that was genuine, honest and understands the process. Like I mentioned, she was excellent in that capacity and could be an asset at UMaine. You could be right about not being offered or not accepting, but again the roles are not the same.

I can't imagine she wouldn't be great and training and teaching the game... A bad coach doesn't mean they're not a great skills trainer...
HoopHopeful

Postby CoachA » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:47 pm

I agree with mainejeff completely. Cindy Blodgett has a lot to learn about coaching. To be fair to her, UMaine and it's administration at the time should never have hired her as the head coach. She needed LOTS more experience in coaching as well as people skills. Hopefully she's been gaining that along the way. And yet, every program she has been associated with as a coach have had losing seasons. Besides, UMaine has an excellent staff right now!
CoachA

Postby ScoopsMinihane » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:41 am

92-289 as a D-1 coach

That is incredible. Vachon should jump to hire her. :lol:
ScoopsMinihane

Postby Umaine6767 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:27 am

Blodgett won't ever be welcomed back at UMaine.
She not only burned all the bridges, she demolished what remained.
Extreme ugliness upon her firing. She didn't handle it well.
Umaine6767

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics