Moss

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Moss

Postby ExpoEddie » Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Terion's mother stole the show yesterday. She talked about bringing her family to Maine so they would get an education and be good people. "I was the warden", but then went on to thank and hug Coach Russo and school faculty. Mom got the loudest applause.
ExpoEddie
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: Moss

Postby fafan » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:46 pm

ExpoEddie wrote:Terion's mother stole the show yesterday. She talked about bringing her family to Maine so they would get an education and be good people. "I was the warden", but then went on to thank and hug Coach Russo and school faculty. Mom got the loudest applause.


Saw a short video clip of the signing but no interviews, that would be great stuff to share if you or anyone else has access to that interview. We have heard similiar stories from the UMaine football families as to why their sons chose UMaine, great stuff.
fafan
 
Posts: 3532
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Moss

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:54 pm

Now that Terian Moss has signed his letter of intent to Maine, Maine currently has no verbal commits and only 2 open offers of medium interest recruits by verbalcommits.com.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10669
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Moss

Postby mainejeff » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:11 am

Moss made a verbal commit to Bob Walsh??? Huh...that's news to me.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 14095
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Moss

Postby ExpoEddie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:02 am

That is not true. New Haven was Terion's only offer prior to Barron. Both Michael Hoffer and Travis Lee interviewed Terion after he signed. I will ask Travis if he can post as he filmed it.
ExpoEddie
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: Moss

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:42 pm

Guys: My mistake, Sorry for being inaccurate. I stand corrected and I apologize to all involved especially to Coach Barron and Terion Moss.

I thought Moss had an open offer from Maine during the season. It must have been Matt Fleming, Bangor who was offered by Maine during the season that I was thinking of.

mainejeff and ExpoEddie thanks for the help of the correction.

Making mistakes is why they put erasers on pencils and mine always seems to be ripping the paper.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10669
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Moss

Postby ExpoEddie » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 pm

We wished that Coach Walsh had made an offer earlier. Would of taken a lot off TM's mind as he wants to play at D1. Coach Barron was not at signing, maybe not allowed, but hopefully his recovery is complete. I asked Travis to post the joint interview with Mike Hoffer he filmed on MBR. Hopefully he can.
ExpoEddie
 
Posts: 239
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:20 pm

Re: Moss

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:19 pm

ExpoEddie wrote:We wished that Coach Walsh had made an offer earlier. Would of taken a lot off TM's mind as he wants to play at D1. Coach Barron was not at signing, maybe not allowed, but hopefully his recovery is complete. I asked Travis to post the joint interview with Mike Hoffer he filmed on MBR. Hopefully he can.


"ExpoEddie": Again, my bad and I understand your post above. I don't need any further proof of my misnomer.

Walsh should have given Terion an open offer during the season at the same time he offered Matt Fleming.

Happy Maine didn't lose him to some one else.

Very glad that Coach Barron's first official signing was a Maine player. Great that Barron offered,and that Terion Verbally committed and then signed his letter of intent.

Hope Terion can be the point guard for the Men's program as Sigi Koizar was the point guard for the Maine women's program and Coach Barron signed her, so he certainly can evaluate potential D-1 point guard talent here in Maine and she was not heavily recruited either if I remember correctly. Sigi didn't play in Class A then she played in class C for Stearns of Millinocket and didn't have the all publicity that Terion has had and deserved.

Sigi was the key to the engine that turned the women's program around, so maybe history can repeat itself for Coach Barron.

Thanks again for helping an old basketball senior citizen out when he needs it.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10669
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Moss

Postby CoachA » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Division I coaches cannot attend the NLI signings. It is not a contact time frame. People on this blog really need to try to learn at least some of the NCAA rules...there's a 2 inch thick book full of them!....before they assume incorrect information.
CoachA
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:14 am

Re: Moss

Postby Patsfan07 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:06 pm

CoachA wrote:Division I coaches cannot attend the NLI signings. It is not a contact time frame. People on this blog really need to try to learn at least some of the NCAA rules...there's a 2 inch thick book full of them!....before they assume incorrect information.


If you want an unopened copy of the NCAA rules to read, contact Rick Pitino or John Calipari. :lol:
Patsfan07
 
Posts: 3244
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 1:56 pm

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 57 guests