2018-19 MBB Discussion

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: 2018-19 MBB Discussion

Postby umaine67 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:23 am

Agree with this quote:
"There is a fine line between knowing the game and the game passing you by.. A very fine line."
And, basketball_guy ... I just did some research. Your boy, Bob Simon, got fired from his last job.
What has he done at Maine that instills confidence that he's worth retaining?
Please tell us of his accomplishments here.
There's usually a reason why a veteran assistant coach can't find anything better than a low-paying assistant's position at a program like Maine's.
Usually, when a new coach takes over he/she brings in a new staff.
Should be interesting to see what happens here.
And, of course, no one here cares about Alabama basketball. Nor does your presence there, or a few months at Maine 30 years ago, or more, make you any sort of expert on Maine basketball.
In reading over some of your commentary in this forum, it would appear the exact opposite is the case.
umaine67

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:01 pm

It looks like Trae Bryant is transferring...
Terion Moss will be needed immediately.
Blind Zebra

Postby fromthebench » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:29 pm

Moss is ready. We need a big and some wings that can knock down open shots and defend. Barron will find them. Wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple Euro's.
fromthebench

Postby hoopsisme » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:35 pm

What will these players do when adulthood hits and they have to get a J O B!! Hope they start as ceo or they will be disappointed. I guess if they don’t want to be here. See ya later. With the history of mbb change is needed
hoopsisme

Postby mainejeff » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:56 pm

hoopsisme wrote:What will these players do when adulthood hits and they have to get a J O B!! Hope they start as ceo or they will be disappointed. I guess if they don’t want to be here. See ya later. With the history of mbb change is needed

Amen! More scholarships available to players that Barron can bring in! :)
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:51 pm

hoopsisme wrote:What will these players do when adulthood hits and they have to get a J O B!! Hope they start as ceo or they will be disappointed. I guess if they don’t want to be here. See ya later. With the history of mbb change is needed

hoopsisme: Agree, but who recruited these players that are looking to transfer including the 11 the past two springs?

But when we gt our change back from a purchase don't we want it to be the correct change?

Just "sayin".
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 11:43 pm

Postby umaine67 » 12 Mar 2018 13:23

Agree with this quote:
"There is a fine line between knowing the game and the game passing you by.. A very fine line."
And, basketball_guy ... I just did some research. Your boy, Bob Simon, got fired from his last job.
What has he done at Maine that instills confidence that he's worth retaining?
Please tell us of his accomplishments here.
There's usually a reason why a veteran assistant coach can't find anything better than a low-paying assistant's position at a program like Maine's.
Usually, when a new coach takes over he/she brings in a new staff.
Should be interesting to see what happens here.
And, of course, no one here cares about Alabama basketball. Nor does your presence there, or a few months at Maine 30 years ago, or more, make you any sort of expert on Maine basketball.
In reading over some of your commentary in this forum, it would appear the exact opposite is the case.
umaine67

I try not to get involved in political discussions. What makes you think Simon does not deserve consideration to remain as an Assistant coach? I was not a party to why he was not renewed at Alabama, but I don't think you can make a judgement on any Coach after just one year at Maine. His experience speaks for itself. Best to let Richard Barron make these decisions.
basketball_guy

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:40 am

Maine67 is that same guy Maine19fan who got booted off this board and basketball forum. No where on this post did I even mention anything about my time at Maine or Alabama, yet somehow he seems to know something that happened some time ago.

The same guy who gave Bob a hard time and blasted me all over basketball forum and got booted off there as well. As far as I can tell he has only been here since March 6th.

I have no interest in following posts from that guy, or listening to some so called media guy who supposedly has inside information when he really doesn't.

I don't pretend to know anything more about what goes on with Maine athletics than I do with Alabama athletics but I still have contacts at both schools being a former athlete.

I have no desire to get blasted anymore than I did before from this guy. At least at basketball forum I could block him.
basketball_guy

Postby Blind Zebra » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:29 am

Maine has a commitment from 6'8 F Jonathan Komagum from London by way of Florida.
Blind Zebra

Postby driveandive » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:50 am

Do you mean he is transferring from the Florida men's team?
driveandive

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics