2018-19 MBB Discussion

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: 2018-19 MBB Discussion

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:06 pm

RForester: HELP!!!!

I couldn't find that NCAA transfer Rule anywhere on the NCAA transfer rules site.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:42 pm

Linguist wrote:Jeff,

I am with you. I have seen a lot in terms of transfers and such, but I don't recall them working with a new coach on their way out the door.
Still wearing Maine gear I understand because it was free and that is what they have.
They are still going to have access to the facilities to lift weights and shoot in the gym because most coaches (Barron and his religious background and religious coaching staff he assembled especially) won't just cut a kid off because it is unprofessional and it is a courtesy to the kids to allow them to work.

It to do It with the current coach and the remaining team members? That is bizarre at best.

I honestly thought that it was an April Fools photo shop job until I saw that it was a tweet from the official Maine mens basketball Twitter account. :?

So my question now is....are these guys transferring or not??? If they are....can they get it over with so we can all move on? :roll:
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:19 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Linguist wrote:Jeff,

I am with you. I have seen a lot in terms of transfers and such, but I don't recall them working with a new coach on their way out the door.
Still wearing Maine gear I understand because it was free and that is what they have.
They are still going to have access to the facilities to lift weights and shoot in the gym because most coaches (Barron and his religious background and religious coaching staff he assembled especially) won't just cut a kid off because it is unprofessional and it is a courtesy to the kids to allow them to work.

It to do It with the current coach and the remaining team members? That is bizarre at best.

I honestly thought that it was an April Fools photo shop job until I saw that it was a tweet from the official Maine mens basketball Twitter account. :?

So my question now is....are these guys transferring or not??? If they are....can they get it over with so we can all move on? :roll:

"mainejeff": Good question!! 4 of the 5 are scholarship players and with 1 verbal commit that I guess that officially or unofficially which ever it is leaves just 1 scholarship available at the moment . Even if verbalcommit.com states they have 5 available because they have 7 returning scholarship players and Moss the verbal commit.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:13 pm

Maybe the Fab 4 transfers can be "special guests" at next season's first practice....that is if their new coaches at new schools will allow them to. ;) :roll:

I'm feeling queazy about this program right now. :oops: :oops: :oops: :|
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:00 pm

mainejeff wrote:Maybe the Fab 4 transfers can be "special guests" at next season's first practice....that is if their new coaches at new schools will allow them to. ;) :roll:

I'm feeling queazy about this program right now. :oops: :oops: :oops: :|

"mainejeff": I can understand you might need some rolaids.

In my Tuesday, March 13th, "Off the Rim" column in the BDN I listed 6 challenges that I thought the new UMaine men's basketball coach faced.

He completed the first challenge by naming his coaching staff officially on March 29th after being named the head coach on March 5th.

He currently is into the stage of the second challenge of recruiting to replace the 1 senior scholarship player, 1 walk on senior and the 4 scholarship transfers and 1 walk on transfer.

The 3rd challenge is going on while the recruiting challenge is going on which is not to lose any more of the better 7 scholarship players remaining so far to the "transfer bug".

However, did lose the 6'7" Jonathan Komagum one of two verbal commits on April 7th.

Interesting article in BDN online sports and probably in paper Wednesday, April 11th on why 6'7" Jonathan Komagum de-commited and Tom@mbr will probably have it here on MBR in the A.M.
bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:48 am

Roster dynamics lead English forward to de-commit from UMaine men’s basketball program

...The high school senior at TaylorMade Academy in Pensacola, Florida, made his decision after visiting the Orono campus April 5-7.

“We were kind of told there was going to be a good nucleus of players coming back once we first got in touch with (UMaine coach Richard) Barron, but once Jonathan got up there he saw that it doesn’t seem to be the case,” said TaylorMade head coach Anthony Taylor.

“He found out there were about six kids who were actually going to be leaving. I think that prompted Jonathan to look at it a little different and I think that prompted coach Barron and his staff to think a little different as well,” Taylor said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/04/10/s ... l-program/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:20 am

Maine Basketball
@BlackBearsMBB
Black Bear alum Joe Campbell '05 stopped by the Pit today for practice!
#BlackBearNation
pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DacvHw5WsAAOeao.jpg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby mainejeff » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:10 am

Tom Nolette wrote:
Maine Basketball
@BlackBearsMBB
Black Bear alum Joe Campbell '05 stopped by the Pit today for practice!
#BlackBearNation
pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DacvHw5WsAAOeao.jpg

Ahhh....another picture. Now we are down to 2 "transfers" participating in an official team practice with Ashley & Bryant (peek-a-boo behind White). What the heck....may as well keep them in playing shape for their next stop....right? ;) :roll: :oops:

Bizarre.
mainejeff

Postby Linguist » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:36 am

sarcasm font On

Jeff, Maybe the other guys were in class. They probably shouldn't miss out on these great opportunities to meet former Black Bears. Next time they should skip class.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:59 am

I know that I need to get off their case....but this is not a good look. :|
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics