Aaron Calixte

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Aaron Calixte

Postby thebam » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:38 pm

The flagship station for Oklahoma athletics just said that OU is attempting to sign Aaron Calixte. OU has had 2 guards transfer in the last 3 days as well as Trae Young leaving for the NBA.

*** Update***
An OU " Insider" who follows their recruiting religiously just said that not only is Calixte on their radar, he is considered a " must get" for the Sooners.
thebam

Postby thebam » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:25 am

Aaron met with OU Head Coach Lon Kruger yesterday and will make an official visit to OU on the weekend of April 13th, which is the weekend of the OU spring football game. OU is going all out to sign AC.
thebam

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:13 am

Jon Rothstein
Verified account
@JonRothstein
Maine grad transfer Aaron Calixte tells me he will visit Oklahoma on April 13th. Immediately eligible.
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Linguist » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:17 am

As the Bam posted :

thebam wrote:Aaron met with OU Head Coach Lon Kruger yesterday and will make an official visit to OU on the weekend of April 13th, which is the weekend of the OU spring football game. OU is going all out to sign AC.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:41 am

Oh my gosh...I'm star struck! Calixte to Oklahoma!....holy cow!!!! I'm becoming a big Sooner fan now!!!!! All these great players from UMaine going BIG TIME!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good luck to them getting him to play D or pass the ball..... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:31 am

mainejeff wrote:Oh my gosh...I'm star struck! Calixte to Oklahoma!....holy cow!!!! I'm becoming a big Sooner fan now!!!!! All these great players from UMaine going BIG TIME!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

Good luck to them getting him to play D or pass the ball..... ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

exactly. I've been trying to tell these folks down here that this isn't going to help. OU has been gutted so they will have no superstars. the ole coast to coast and force a shot calixte will not be a fan favorite for long.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:36 am

thebam wrote:
mainejeff wrote:Oh my gosh...I'm star struck! Calixte to Oklahoma!....holy cow!!!! I'm becoming a big Sooner fan now!!!!! All these great players from UMaine going BIG TIME!!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

exactly. I've been trying to tell these folks down here that this isn't going to help. OU has been gutted so they will have no superstars. the ole coast to coast and force a shot calixte will not be a fan favorite for long.

If he thinks that he's going coast to coast in the Big 12..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:40 am

yeah. if he tries that garbage against WVU he's going to end up in the hospital.
thebam

Postby parquetfloor » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:34 pm

Why all the pissing all over Calixte? He stayed at Maine and earned his degree. I don't get why everyone is crapping all over him in this thread. The day of the grad transfer has been upon us for the last few years and it is a very popular thing across the country due to the immediate eligibility. Why shouldn't he examine those opportunities now that he has his degree and there is a coaching change?

I really don't quite understand what is going on in this thread right now.
parquetfloor

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:19 pm

parquetfloor wrote:Why all the pissing all over Calixte? He stayed at Maine and earned his degree. I don't get why everyone is crapping all over him in this thread. The day of the grad transfer has been upon us for the last few years and it is a very popular thing across the country due to the immediate eligibility. Why shouldn't he examine those opportunities now that he has his degree and there is a coaching change?

I really don't quite understand what is going on in this thread right now.

PF: Should have been upset during this past season with his 1 on 1 play of his assists to turnover ratio. Skilled player no doubt.

He may have tried to do too much too often and could have been caused by the frustration of the seasons of losing. But coaches who "demand not get not".

Besides who wants a player that does not want to be here?

Unhappy players spreads like the measles to more unhappy players. look at the 16 transfers the past 3 years for the men and 6 for the women the past 2 years. More confusing moves than a game of "Chess".

Personally I like the graduate immediate eligibility rule because players have paid their dues for 4 years by red shirting for one whatever the reason for the red shirt as they had to work hard to get their undergraduate degrees.

Wish him nothing but the best.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics