Aaron Calixte

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Aaron Calixte

Postby thebam » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:41 pm

parquetfloor wrote:Why all the pissing all over Calixte? He stayed at Maine and earned his degree. I don't get why everyone is crapping all over him in this thread. The day of the grad transfer has been upon us for the last few years and it is a very popular thing across the country due to the immediate eligibility. Why shouldn't he examine those opportunities now that he has his degree and there is a coaching change?

I really don't quite understand what is going on in this thread right now.

I totally get the grad transfer. I have zero issue with it. In fact , in this case , I welcome it. My point is that he's not that good and he is going to be in over his head in the Big XII. You don't understand the pissing all over him, and I don't understand all the fawning over him.
thebam

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:34 am

thebam wrote:
parquetfloor wrote:Why all the pissing all over Calixte? He stayed at Maine and earned his degree. I don't get why everyone is crapping all over him in this thread. The day of the grad transfer has been upon us for the last few years and it is a very popular thing across the country due to the immediate eligibility. Why shouldn't he examine those opportunities now that he has his degree and there is a coaching change?

I really don't quite understand what is going on in this thread right now.

I totally get the grad transfer. I have zero issue with it. In fact , in this case , I welcome it. My point is that he's not that good and he is going to be in over his head in the Big XII. You don't understand the pissing all over him, and I don't understand all the fawning over him.

Who cares if he is going to be over his head? If he gets the opportunity, great for him. Maybe your comments about fawning all over him are better served for the people actually doing the fawning, such as Oklahoma media and coaches and fans? I don't get why people on here can't actually be happy for someone that actually stuck it out here, earned his UMaine degree and now will take a year to really challenge himself. That seems pretty simple.
parquetfloor

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:42 am

I'll be sure and get a thank you card in the mail today. Thanks for staying here and congrats on the 6 wins you helped lead our team to in your last year. It's easter, maybe I'll get a card with a bunny on it.
thebam

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:46 am

thebam wrote:I'll be sure and get a thank you card in the mail today. Thanks for staying here and congrats on the 6 wins you helped lead our team to in your last year. It's easter, maybe I'll get a card with a bunny on it.

Damn man...hope life gets better for you.

It's so funny...people on here b*tch and moan and complain when kids leave early and then here is a guy who actually stuck it out and has decided to leave for his 5th year and people are doing the same thing. He lived up to his commitment and gave 4 years to Maine. OK fine, you can't feel good for the kid taking advantage of an opportunity. Shouldn't you at least be happy he is leaving seeing as you think he sucks so bad?
parquetfloor

Postby Blackbear28 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:34 pm

parquetfloor wrote:
thebam wrote:I'll be sure and get a thank you card in the mail today. Thanks for staying here and congrats on the 6 wins you helped lead our team to in your last year. It's easter, maybe I'll get a card with a bunny on it.

It's so funny...people on here b*tch and moan and complain when kids leave early and then here is a guy who actually stuck it out and has decided to leave for his 5th year and people are doing the same thing. He lived up to his commitment and gave 4 years to Maine. OK fine, you can't feel good for the kid taking advantage of an opportunity. Shouldn't you at least be happy he is leaving seeing as you think he sucks so bad?

parquetfloor wrote:

People are upset and pissing all over Calixte because what he’s doing is ABSURD. Playing for a 6 win team in the America East is way more fun than playing in the Big 12. Plus everyone knows you’re supposed to get your MBA from the same school you get your undergrad degree at. That’s how you expand your network DUMBIE.
Why would he even bother to try challenging himself by playing at a higher level? What a LOSER. Guys like me and Bam have stayed in the same job with the same company our entire lives. We’ve never looked for a better job because we have something called INTEGRITY. Something that little twerp Calixte should read a thing or two about. Guys like us know what’s best for 21-22 year old kids because kids are DUMB and we’re SMART.
Blackbear28

Postby mainejeff » Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:28 pm

I think that both sides of this have good points. I could really care less about Calixte or where he transfers. I wish him well, but I’m certainly not fawning over him and I’m not super impressed that he is getting calls from desperate Power 5 programs. It’s happening everywhere & these monied programs have no problem taking a chance on a 1 & done player that might...just might help them win a few games or hit the big shot.

The thing that really burns me is that Bob Walsh had players that went to VCU, South Carolina, Oklahoma and more...yet still couldn’t win games in America East. Talk about PATHETIC! :oops: :oops: :oops:
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:11 pm

hey BlackBear28.. you ID10T.. I have been with the same company for 31 years.. it's called the United States Air Force.. I'll be sure and let you know if I decide to change jobs.
I am not pissing on AC for leaving.. I am merely putting out my opinion that he wasn't that good and despite his " loyalty" didn't make our program better. I realize you guys don't understand that. You just want to hand out the participation ribbon and pat him on the back. I just find it humorous that a player who couldn't lead his team to , really, anything in a horrible conference , is now going to play in the best conference in the country. I'll go see him play. I hope he kills it down there, except for 2 games a year ( Texas) but don't expect me to proclaim how great he was just because he stayed here 4 years. whoopdie doo.
thebam

Postby aechamps » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:30 pm

Not sure if someone mentioned yet...Florida St offered to A.C.
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:34 pm

aechamps wrote:Not sure if someone mentioned yet...Florida St offered to A.C.

"aechamps": First time it has been mentioned. Thanks for the info.
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:22 pm

thebam wrote:I am merely putting out my opinion that he wasn't that good and despite his " loyalty" didn't make our program better. I realize you guys don't understand that. You just want to hand out the participation ribbon and pat him on the back. I just find it humorous that a player who couldn't lead his team to , really, anything in a horrible conference , is now going to play in the best conference in the country. but don't expect me to proclaim how great he was just because he stayed here 4 years. whoopdie doo.

Who in here has said he was great???? My only point was in today's transfer happy world, at least he gave us the 4 years he committed to when he signed his NLI. And now he has a chance for a 5th year at a much higher level. Good for him. LOL, your hatred for AC is real.
parquetfloor

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics