PROVIDENCE 3, MAINE 2 (MAINE ELIMINATED 2-0)

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: PROVIDENCE 3, MAINE 2 (MAINE ELIMINATED 2-0)

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:15 am

Providence snatches Hockey East quarterfinal series opener from UMaine

...“For us, it’s about coming back (Saturday) night. You don’t get anything for winning one game, you’ve got to win two. That’s how we look at it,” he said.

Gendron said after jumping out to the 2-0 lead, Providence “pushed back and tied it” and the Black Bears didn’t play as well as they needed to in that first period, being outshot 17-7.

“But I thought we played pretty well after that. In the second period, we spent a lot of time in the box and they tied it on the power play. The bottom line is we were still in decent shape,” Gendron added.

The Black Bears pulled Swayman in favor of the extra attacker late in the game but couldn’t generate any great chances.

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/03/09/s ... om-umaine/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:49 am

Providence men’s hockey team ends UMaine’s season in HE quarterfinals

...“We obviously got behind early, started in quicksand a little bit, and then came back with a couple quick plays to make a game of it,” Gendron said.

“We didn’t get enough pucks and bodies to the net tonight offensively and we dug a hole too deep for us to climb out of.”

The Friars outshot the Black Bears by a commanding 41-16 margin but UMaine hung around in part through the efforts of freshman goaltender Jeremy Swayman, who piled up 38 saves including 15 in the lopsided first period.

Eduards Tralmaks and Nolan Vesey scored for Maine while Brady Keeper finished with two assists and Mitchell Fossier and Veli-Matti Tiuraniemi each had one.

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/03/11/s ... terfinals/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:22 am

Question for you guys that follow Hockey more closely. I noticed Holway and LaCroix did not play against PC. Can anyone shed some light on that? I've seen a handful of games this year, and both seems to be very important players.
Blind Zebra

Postby fafan » Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:57 pm

LaCroix was injured in UNH game and I believe the same for Holoway but his injury may come before the UNH series.
fafan

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Holway seemed to be a huge loss. I thought he was their best defenseman in the games I saw. The Finnish kid who replaced him seemed a bit shaky. Also, LaCroix was very good on face offs and as a defensive center. Housakos didn't offer much there from my untrained eye.
Blind Zebra

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics