Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: MBB vs Vermont,...Feb 27, 7pm

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 am

Maine Hosts Vermont in Senior Night Showdown Tuesday

ORONO, Maine -- The Maine Black Bears close out the regular season at home against the number-one seed in the upcoming America East playoffs in Vermont on Tuesday night at the Cross Insurance Center. The senior night opening tip at the Cross Insurance Center is set for 7:00 p.m. in Bangor.

LAST TIME OUT: The duo of Aaron Calixte and Isaiah White combined to score 47 points, but UAlbany outlasted a late comeback bid by Maine, defeating the Black Bears 89-79 on Saturday night at SEFCU Arena. The Black Bears (6-24, 3-12 AE) put together their second best shooting effort efficiency wise of the campaign, shooting 52.5 percent (31-of-59) from the floor, compared to UAlbany's (21-9, 9-6 AE) 42 percent (27-65) field goal percentage.

THE SERIES: The Black Bears hold a 70-68 lead in the all-time series over the Catamounts, despite Vermont winning the last 12 meetings. In Maine's last win over Vermont on Jan. 22, 2013, Alasdair Frasier came two assists away from a triple double (20-10-8), while Justin Edwards scored a game-high 22 points in a 71-68 win over the Catamounts at Alfond Arena. Maine is the lone Americ

http://www.goblackbears.com/news/2018/2 ... esday.aspx
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Vermont Tops Men's Basketball in Regular Season Finale

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Vermont Tops Men's Basketball in Regular Season Finale

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:53 am

Maine Basketball
@BlackBearMBB
.@CoachBobWalsh, Aaron Calixte, and Andrew Fleming broke down tonight's game against the Catamounts at the postgame press conference.
watch: https://twitter.com/BlackBearMBB/status ... 2433025024
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby basketball_guy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:14 am

When I read some of Bob Walsh's explanations on his blog about moral victories
I was reminded of a famous quote Bobby Bowden once had about moral victories.
"It's like a 6-foot man drowning in three feet of water," the Hall of Fame coach said. "He's still dead."
I have had enough of moral victories. It is time to make a change and get a coach in here who has no
use for moral victories...
basketball_guy

Postby mainejeff » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:54 am

basketball_guy wrote:When I read some of Bob Walsh's explanations on his blog about moral victories
"It's like a 6-foot man drowning in three feet of water," the Hall of Fame coach said. "He's still dead."
I have had enough of moral victories. It is time to make a change and get a coach in here who has no

It's sort of embarrassing to keep going on about this & that but not practicing what you preach. Walsh is just out of his element. Doesn't seem like he has the chops to be a D1 HC....definitely not here in Maine. Maybe is niche is a D1 assistant in an urban Northeast environment. Either way it's time for both UM & him to part ways.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:42 pm

mainejeff wrote:
basketball_guy wrote:When I read some of Bob Walsh's explanations on his blog about moral victories

It's sort of embarrassing to keep going on about this & that but not practicing what you preach. Walsh is just out of his element. Doesn't seem like he has the chops to be a D1 HC....definitely not here in Maine. Maybe is niche is a D1 assistant in an urban Northeast environment. Either way it's time for both UM & him to part ways.

Mainejeff: Interesting post.How about having Walsh swap jobs with Chris Markwood at Northeastern? If NE would have him?

Also, how about Barron as AD, Markwood the men's coach and Vachon the women's head coach. That would be great for the athletic department and the 2 basketball program's.

Markwood and Vachon true Mainers and Barron an adopted Mainer. What could be better. They all know the state, it's people and have been employed at the University of Maine as coaches at one time or another.
bcbc55

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics