[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - New AD?... Creech leaving for Denver

New AD?... Creech leaving for Denver

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

New AD?... Creech leaving for Denver

Postby duke11 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:37 am

Is Lynn Coutts the next AD at Umaine? Kreech is on the move.
duke11

Re: New Ad

Postby fafan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:15 pm

Don't know who is taking over but Creech is Denver bound. Guessing he at leasts doubles his salary ;)

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/02/19/s ... in-denver/
fafan

Postby AL » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Creech signed a 4 year deal 1 year ago. I guess that means nothing to us dumb hicks in Maine. Not the first time, probably not the last.
AL

Postby turkeyman » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:56 pm

Sorry, I started a new thread with this before I read this thread. The title "Ad" instead of "AD" threw me.

BDN reporting just before noon today that Karlton Creech is heading to University of Denver as AD. All sorts of possibilities open up now for UMaine.

Does that present a choice to Richard Barron, too? Go for AD or take over the men's bb program or ask to return to head coach of the women's program. Does it make it more likely that Amy Vachon will be named permanent head coach of the women's program? Does it have any effect on the fortunes of Red Gendron, Bob Walsh, etc.?

I'm a little surprised that UD lured him away. It is an academically strong school but never had a lot of money. That may have changed as university presidents have become full-time fundraisers. Other than men's hockey, I'm not aware of any real strength in athletics there. I saw its women's bb team play in 2014, and it was about a 10-20 team. Hasn't improved much over the past four years, even with lots of new players coming in. Maybe Creech just wanted to go to a higher-ranked hockey school??

Bob Neal
New Sharon
turkeyman

Postby thebam » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 pm

Channel 2 reported via twitter that Creech is going to be " Vice Chancellor for Athletics" at Denver. Not sure if that means AD , or the AD's boss? Could make a difference in our opinions of the move perhaps? Not just a lateral to a better school, but an actual promotion.
thebam

Postby mario_spaghettio » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:34 pm

Just saw this Seth Woodcock jackass on channel 13 saying what an exciting time this is for UMaine athletics and how all the programs are doing great. What a load of bs. Drain The Swamp.
mario_spaghettio

Postby fafan » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:14 pm

mario_spaghettio wrote:Just saw this Seth Woodcock jackass on channel 13 saying what an exciting time this is for UMaine athletics and how all the programs are doing great. What a load of bs. Drain The Swamp.

I almost forgot Seth is AD for Southern Maine ;)
fafan

Re: New AD?... Creech leaving for Denver

Postby Pirates79 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:10 am

Maybe he went to win an NCAA ski title?

DU has been rather aggressive recently, academically and with their athletics program.

Denver is a great city. Lived there for three years out college, many moons ago. Visit family there often. DU campus is in great part of town.

Wonder if his new salary as associate chancellor of athletics pays more than UMaine AD? My bookie in Biddeford says 4-1.
Pirates79

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:25 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 am

UMO Senior Associate A.D. on Karlton Creech’s departure [Audio]

University of Maine Senior Associate Director of Athletics, Lynn Coutts, joined the show on Monday to discuss the exit of Athletic Director, Karlton Creech, who accepted a position at the University of Denver. Maine will name an interim A.D. in the coming days before conducting a national search for the next candidate.

http://thedrive.bangordailynews.com/201 ... ure-audio/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics