[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 11:18 pm

At least I saw the UMaine basketball teams in October (3 men's games and 3 women's games when the weather was good. To prove that I am just not discriminating against the UMaine games I will only have seen several Bangor High games this winter and I will not be attending any tournament or state games this year either.

The only reason went to Bangor games was had a free pass as a former teacher, Coach, nd AD at Bangor high and my life long friend picked me up for eaxh game so only had to face that cold car once on the way back home which was only minutes away about 3 miles.

Also, the high school basketball playing and coaching that I have seen this year either at Bangor or on line is no better then what I have seen at UMaine.

In fact, the women's team at Maine plays better then most of the high school boys and girls games I have seen on line this year. But, really almost all of the high school teams boys or girls, men's or women college teams are about the same. No inside games, no inside-outside games, no dribble penetration games to get open 3's, over use of the three, too many turnovers, to many player out of control fouls, too many defensive fouls and players not the offensive system determining who shoots, when they shoot and where they shoot from.

I will say that it is the high school teams that are trying to mimicking the college teams than vice versa.

However, just my opinion, and like noses everyone has one.

Just "different basketball strokes for different basketball folks"

OR

"What floats others basketball's boat, just doesn't happen to float my basketball boat".

But I am not playing favorites in any way or any manner. I will be boycotting the high school tournies by not watching them in person like I did the UMaine games this year after October. I will be watching on line or on TV if I watch at all.

At least I watched the Maine BB teams home and away games in person in October and online since November this season.

Didn't want any of my MBR critics that criticize me for not attending any Maine games after October to think I would go and watch tournament games in person at the same facility.

I also will not be paying for any online games either, just watch the freebies on line and on TV.

Hope that makes my MBR critics a little happier to know that prefer Maine high school basketball over UMaine college basketball.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10911
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby Linguist » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:17 am

That's right, I forgot you were out campaigning against the construction of the Cross Insurance Center, you wanted to keep the Bangor Auditorium in place with all its nostalgia and history and antiquated features.

It's not a bias against UMaine, you are still salty you lost that referendum and hate the CIC.

Do you still hold a grudge against the city for letting people turn on to Howard Street and removing the barriers on State Street by the hospital?
Linguist
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Mon May 12, 2008 9:56 am

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby mainejeff » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:21 am

He's probably celebrating the imminent closing of the Bangor Mall too. ;)
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 14158
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby thebam » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:09 pm

what is the purpose of this unsolicited attack on the high school basketball tournament? You have no valid excuse to not go watch HS games. Period. And even if you do, why make a post like this ? just to stir controversy? You have weak excuses to not go see Maine games. You really have no excuse to not go see the HS games, especially someone who has been a part of the game since the peach baskets. Mr. Naismith , no doubt , is looking down very disappointed in you.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4394
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:51 pm

thebam wrote:what is the purpose of this unsolicited attack on the high school basketball tournament? You have no valid excuse to not go watch HS games. Period. And even if you do, why make a post like this ? just to stir controversy? You have weak excuses to not go see Maine games. You really have no excuse to not go see the HS games, especially someone who has been a part of the game since the peach baskets. Mr. Naismith , no doubt , is looking down very disappointed in you.


thebam:
Mr. Naismith wouldn't be disappointed with me if he was looking down today it would be the state of Maine high school basketball today.

Seeing that in last weeks 46 state wide QF so far in the tourney games 37 of the 46 games losing teams only scored in the 40's or below and 10 of the winning teams didn't even make it to the 50's.

I don't need any excuse not to attend UMaine games (unless in good weather say October and the weather for tourney wee kis still in the winter time and the CIC in Bangor has no basketball atmosphere as it is a sterile building for basketball just like the high school basketball now a days.

It is just my business of what games I go to in or stay home and watch online or on TV.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10911
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby augie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:04 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
thebam wrote:what is the purpose of this unsolicited attack on the high school basketball tournament? You have no valid excuse to not go watch HS games. Period. And even if you do, why make a post like this ? just to stir controversy? You have weak excuses to not go see Maine games. You really have no excuse to not go see the HS games, especially someone who has been a part of the game since the peach baskets. Mr. Naismith , no doubt , is looking down very disappointed in you.


thebam:
Mr. Naismith wouldn't be disappointed with me if he was looking down today it would be the state of Maine high school basketball today.

Seeing that in last weeks 46 state wide QF so far in the tourney games 37 of the 46 games losing teams only scored in the 40's or below and 10 of the winning teams didn't even make it to the 50's.

I don't need any excuse not to attend UMaine games (unless in good weather say October and the weather for tourney wee kis still in the winter time and the CIC in Bangor has no basketball atmosphere as it is a sterile building for basketball just like the high school basketball now a days.

It is just my business of what games I go to in or stay home and watch online or on TV.


Bob, You have turned into the “get off my lawn” guy of mbr.
augie
 
Posts: 2026
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:06 pm

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:08 pm

augie wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
thebam wrote:what is the purpose of this unsolicited attack on the high school basketball tournament? You have no valid excuse to not go watch HS games. Period. And even if you do, why make a post like this ? just to stir controversy? You have weak excuses to not go see Maine games. You really have no excuse to not go see the HS games, especially someone who has been a part of the game since the peach baskets. Mr. Naismith , no doubt , is looking down very disappointed in you.


thebam:
Mr. Naismith wouldn't be disappointed with me if he was looking down today it would be the state of Maine high school basketball today.

Seeing that in last weeks 46 state wide QF so far in the tourney games 37 of the 46 games losing teams only scored in the 40's or below and 10 of the winning teams didn't even make it to the 50's.

I don't need any excuse not to attend UMaine games (unless in good weather say October and the weather for tourney wee kis still in the winter time and the CIC in Bangor has no basketball atmosphere as it is a sterile building for basketball just like the high school basketball now a days.

It is just my business of what games I go to in or stay home and watch online or on TV.


Bob, You have turned into the “get off my lawn” guy of mbr.


augie: Just my old age II guess but it cold be worse could put up an electric fence so no nobody could get on my lawn in the first place, so I wouldn't even have to ask people to "get off my lawn".
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10911
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby wings » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 am

Cim, goto the Hermon-Winslow boys game Wednesday at 830pm at CIC...lots of talk surrounding this Hermon team...Varney and Hawes a couple good players to watch for Hermon. Winslow is a good team, they pound the glass and play defense with energy. Coaching? This game has it...younger Reed with dad alongside. Ken Lindlof has managed the emotions and coached up Kids for decades. If Winslow shoots the ball well and cleans up defensive glass then this will be one of the best games of tourney in any class.

Bob, you can stay up late tomorrow night and sleep in late on Thursday...
wings
 
Posts: 2564
Joined: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Not going to any tourney basketball games either

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:03 pm

[quote="wings"]Cim, goto the Hermon-Winslow boys game Wednesday at 830pm at CIC...lots of talk surrounding this Hermon team...Varney and Hawes a couple good players to watch for Hermon. Winslow is a good team, they pound the glass and play defense with energy. Coaching? This game has it...younger Reed with dad alongside. Ken Lindlof has managed the emotions and coached up Kids for decades. If Winslow shoots the ball well and cleans up defensive glass then this will be one of the best games of tourney in any class.

Bob, you can stay up late tomorrow night and sleep in late on Thursday...[/quote

Wings: Thanks for the invitation: But, seriously I just had cataract surgery on my right eye Monday so have to lay low during tourney week. You are right good match up.

Ken Lindlof was a member of the 1969 Class B undefeated 22-0 Orono Red Riots as he was a swing player on the JV-Varsity if I remember correctly. State Championship coach at Class A Waterville. Because of my connection to Kenny will be rooting for the Raiders. He is one of the one plus players a year I averaged for 29 years players that went on to coach that played for me. Great to see the boys do well over the years

When I posted this thread about not going to any tourney games I have to admit I knew I had surgery scheduled for yesterday. Maybe I even scheduled that way on purpose to give me AN LEGITIMATE EXCUSE for some MBR critics of mine.''Thanks for the post.
bcbc55
 
Posts: 10911
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 6:44 am


Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: basketball_guy, maine612, thebam and 62 guests