[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Another interesting coachbobwalshblog for all coaches

Another interesting coachbobwalshblog for all coaches

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Another interesting coachbobwalshblog for all coaches

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:45 pm

Another interesting coaching blog entitled "Ownership in the huddle" from coachbobwalsh.com blogs about getting players in put at end of game situations and how to do it. This is his blog and he describes what he does at end of game timeouts for strategy making decisions..

All coaches at any level should read this.

Just go to coachbobwalsh.com.
bcbc55

Re: Another interesting coachbobwalshblog for all coaches

Postby mainejeff » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:56 pm

Blah blah blah....Like I'm going to read the blog of a coach that can't retain players, make players better or win games. :roll:
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:42 pm

mainejeff wrote:Blah blah blah....Like I'm going to read the blog of a coach that can't retain players, make players better or win games. :roll:

mainejeff: I understand what you posted. I just have the time to read his Blogs Despite him being 24-95 the past 3 plus years Walsh is still excellent in theory by his BLOGS that he writes. Just can't seem to get it done on the court. It is like the plays I used to draw up on paper work perfectly until I try putting them into action on the court with the X's actually guarding the O's.
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:09 am

As I said before Walsh missed his true calling in life as a blogger...it just took four years as UMAINE basketball Coach to figure that out....unfortunately for all the rest of us older Maine fans...some younger ones as well...

You look back four years ago and we were saying similar things about Ted Woodard...perhaps it is all this losing mentality that is the real issue. That is not just a basketball Coach's fault. It certainly starts with recruiting as well as having a strong bench coach, which frankly Walsh has never been. It has not been for the lack of quality players.
Several have gone on to better programs and done well. That is the real key to the equasion here. Because if Maine has had the players all these past four years, then you have to look hard at the Coach. 11 transfers who were quality players means it starts with the Coach who managed to lose them over the past four years.

But it means better support from the Maine fanbase. Something that all need to work on. I used to think it was
the lack of an adequate facility at UMAINE, but the Womens team seems to be doing well without such a facility.

I would say Karlton Creech has a major decision on his hands.....
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:11 am

basketball_guy wrote:As I said before Walsh missed his true calling in life as a blogger...it just took four years as UMAINE basketball Coach to figure that out....unfortunately for all the rest of us older Maine fans...some younger ones as well...

You look back four years ago and we were saying similar things about Ted Woodard...perhaps it is all this losing mentality that is the real issue. That is not just a basketball Coach's fault. It certainly starts with recruiting as well as having a strong bench coach, which frankly Walsh has never been. It has not been for the lack of quality players.
Several have gone on to better programs and done well. That is the real key to the equasion here. Because if Maine has had the players all these past four years, then you have to look hard at the Coach. 11 transfers who were quality players means it starts with the Coach who managed to lose them over the past four years.

But it means better support from the Maine fanbase. Something that all need to work on. I used to think it was
the lack of an adequate facility at UMAINE, but the Womens team seems to be doing well without such a facility.

I would say Karlton Creech has a major decision on his hands.....

basketball_guy: Very informative, interesting, relevant, timely and insightful post and I couldn't agree more.

If Walsh could coach in game situations and recruit ad develop a needed big like he does write in his blogs Maine would be an AE Contender as you they have had and lost some decent AE Talent. In fact, the 11 transfers and the 2 coaches that left the past two years would probably beat the current UMaine team and coaching staff.

One of the biggest things to remember is that Ted Woodward had the last winning season at UMaine in 2009-10 when they went 19-10 starting 3 Mainers, Troy Barnies-EL, Sean McNally-Gardner and Bernal-Hyde School. They would have had 2 more Maine starters in Mark Socoby-Houlton and Bangor and Jordan Cook- Hampden if they hadn't left the team.

Also, Woodward did not have any head college coaching experience when he got the job when Dr. John Giannini, like what was required when Walsh was hired 4 years ago.

bcbc55

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics