MBB Wins vs Binghampton ! Calixte voted top game performer

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MBB at Binghamton Jan 6, 1 pm

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:19 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Nice to see Ilker Er break out of a season long shooting slump. They could sure use some consistent production from him. Nice road win for the Black Bears! This team keeps fighting!

Er only had 2 3's of his 23 points he got the rest the hard way in the paint. He really should be starting and playing 35 minutes a game along with Calixe getting 35 minutes too.
bcbc55

Postby parquetfloor » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:29 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
parquetfloor wrote:I am seriously so sick & tired of the 3-pt shot negativity! Calixte hit a HUGE 3 down the stretch to really help deliver this win.

Congrats to Walsh & crew for winning this game.

Do you realize that they are a lucky 3 from Stony Brook away from being 2-0 on the AE season, with both games being on the road????

PF: So I don't have a right to not like the 3?????????????????????? I'm so sick and tired of seeing both Maine teams "live and die by the three". Sorry you don't like the negativity about it but I am also negative about it to in a different direction. The over use and abuse of the 3 is ruining the college game because of the shot clock, in my opinion.

You can not like it all you want. But it permeates every single thread you create and every post you make. I think everyone on here gets it. You don't like the 3 pt shot and it plays a key role in every single loss by a Maine team. You have beaten that dead horse so much that I'm not even sure the bones are left.
parquetfloor

Postby bulldog » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:34 pm

bcbc55 wrote:Er only had 2 3's of his 23 points he got the rest the hard way in the paint. He really should be starting and playing 35 minutes a game along with Calixe getting 35 minutes too.

Coach Cim,
Not questioning your choice regarding Er (he has shown at times that he can dominate), but if he starts and plays 35 minutes...who do you think should be removed from the starting lineup and who loses minutes of playing time.

Thanks
bulldog

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:38 pm

bulldog wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:Er only had 2 3's of his 23 points he got the rest the hard way in the paint. He really should be starting and playing 35 minutes a game along with Calixe getting 35 minutes too.

Coach Cim,
Not questioning your choice regarding Er (he has shown at times that he can dominate), but if he starts and plays 35 minutes...who do you think should be removed from the starting lineup and who loses minutes of playing time.

Thanks

"bulldog". Ilija S. Also Maine should be playing Calixe 35 , Er 35, White 30, Fleming 30 (if he can stay out of foul trouble, Evans 20 , Lowndes 20, Ilija S. 15 and Antoms 15. No more than 8 players as currently 12 players are getting double figure minutes.

Today in their win over Binghamton only 9 players got double figure minutes, that is a step in the right direction cut it to 8 player then that should improve their chances of finishing fourth and get a hoe game.

Maine has got enough decent talent and if they play the rest of the way in the conference schedule like they did in the second half they will be or should be in every game. But one half does not a season make.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Re: MBB wins! Er finished with a game high 23 points on 10-1

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:03 pm

Even for this Coach, miraculous recoveries can happen. Even if they went 18-13 this season (meaning they win all the rest of their games) I would be shocked if they renew his contract. Shocked...but this was a quality win, for the kids who actually play the game...
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:46 pm

basketball_guy wrote:Even for this Coach, miraculous recoveries can happen. Even if they went 18-13 this season (meaning they win all the rest of their games) I would be shocked if they renew his contract. Shocked...but this was a quality win, for the kids who actually play the game...

basketball_guy: Certainly agree with your post above. Yeah, if they win out and finish 15 and 1 in conference play that would make them 18-13 (counting the 2 non D-1 games) what about the tourney game would they win a quarter-final game at home?

This group of players are good people. Today Walsh only used 9 players double figure minutes as 12 are averaging double figures. This help keep the better players on the floor longer which helped in the win. As they had much better shot selection especially in the second hsalf and moved the ball better as they looked like they thought pass first and shoot second to get the open 3's. They were 7 for 21 of 3's for 33.3% which is a 3.6% improvement and also only took 21 of 54 field attempts for 3's for 38.8% which is an improvement of 5.3% from 44.1% going into the game.

Liked how they players came back shooting the 3 as they were just 2 for 9 for 22.2% in the first half and then went 5-12 in the second half for 41.7% to finish at 7-21 for 33.3%.

Also, the better they shot the better their man to man defense got.

This was a players win not a coaching staff win as the players made good shot selection decisions especially in the 2nd half as to who shot, where they shot from and when they shot in the shot clock.

Also, thought using only 9 players double figure playing minutes instead of the 12 that were averaging double figure minutes going into the game. Maybe Walsh for using his intramural style of substituting.

How about Er 35 minutes, Calixe 35 minutes, Fleming 30 minutes, White 30 minutes, Lowdnes 25 minutes, as starters and of the bench Evans 15 minutes, Ilija S. 15 minutes, and Antoms 15 minutes?
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:48 pm

Hey any win is a good win in my book because it sure beats ..................losing....
basketball_guy

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:58 pm

"bulldog". Ilija S. Also Maine should be playing Calixe 35 , Er 35, White 30, Fleming 30 (if he can stay out of foul trouble, Evans 20 , Lowndes 20, Ilija S. 15 and Antoms 15. No more than 8 players as currently 12 players are getting double figure minutes.

Today in their win over Binghamton only 9 players got double figure minutes, that is a step in the right direction cut it to 8 player then that should improve their chances of finishing fourth and get a hoe game.

Maine has got enough decent talent and if they play the rest of the way in the conference schedule like they did in the second half they will be or should be in every game. But one half does not a season make.[/quote]
please stop. NO team in America is playing guys these minutes right now. NONE!!!! Just let it go !!! Why can't you just be happy that Maine got a big win on the road today? Are you really that bitter? Good grief.[/quote]

thebam: Not bitter at all, just frustrated as I know as a player if you are not getting minutes as one of the best two or 3 better players on your team that many times players take themselves to the game and do not let the game come to them by forcing things offensively by looking shot first and pass second when they have the ball.

Because of their limited minutes as competitors they want to play so when they don't get enough minutes they try to make "Hay when the sun shines".

Besides with all the media time outs 8 of them at the 16-12-8-4 minute marks of each half plus the 5 timeouts for each team that is a total of 18 time outs and if they are all used there is a break about every 2 minutes and 20 seconds. At the most it is every 4 minutes with the media timeouts. It is harder to play 4 minutes sit a couple of minutes and then have to start the engine up again and repeat this every 4 minutes if neither team alls a timeout then it is to play through the 4 minutes without that break in the action.

You wait until it gets to the one and done season and you will see the best 2 or 3 players on the floor for 35 minutes. Should be starting it now for them to get in shape for it later. Just cut down their practice time minutes and or reduce the hard minutes of practices. Better to have your best players on the floor in games then working them hard al the time on the court in practices.

Have you ever wondered why Maine has had so many injuries the past 3 plus seasons? It sure isn't because they are being over worked in games, that is for sure.
bcbc55

Postby fafan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Guys, just block bcbc and it will stop the insanity. Go to control board, click on foes or friends. It's that easy! :D
fafan

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:41 pm

fafan wrote:Guys, just block bcbc and it will stop the insanity. Go to control board, click on foes or friends. It's that easy! :D

fafan: Great idea I vote for that, then I won't have to read all that posts that criticize me, name calling me, dumping on me and getting their digs in also all the time. I think these negative responses to my posts or responses to posts is either jealousy or age discrimination because I am an truly old senile senior citizen.

Thanks fafan. Maybe I will do that to my critics.

BcBc55
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics