MBB Wins vs Binghampton ! Calixte voted top game performer

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MBB wins! Er finished with a game high 23 points on 10-1

Postby augie » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:01 pm

bcbc55 wrote:
fafan wrote:Guys, just block bcbc and it will stop the insanity. Go to control board, click on foes or friends. It's that easy! :D

fafan: Great idea I vote for that, then I won't have to read all that posts that criticize me, name calling me, dumping on me and getting their digs in also all the time. I think these negative responses to my posts or responses to posts is either jealousy or age discrimination because I am an truly old senile senior citizen.

Thanks fafan. Maybe I will do that to my critics.

BcBc55

Bob, I don’t think I have ever been disrespectful to you (could be wrong). Don’t always agree with you but do sometimes and absolutely respect your opinion but play devils advocate for a second....instead of jealousy or age discrimination maybe could your old style thinking, stubbornness and not adjusting to the game of basketball the way it’s played now create all this animosity?

All major sports; baseball, hockey football and yes basketball has changed and evolved over the last 20-30-40 years. You Can lead a horse to water but your can’t make them drink. You can still love the damn horse though.
augie

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 am

augie wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:
fafan wrote:Guys, just block bcbc and it will stop the insanity. Go to control board, click on foes or friends. It's that easy! :D

fafan: Great idea I vote for that, then I won't have to read all that posts that criticize me, name calling me, dumping on me and getting their digs in also all the time. I think these negative responses to my posts or responses to posts is either jealousy or age discrimination because I am an truly old senile senior citizen.

BcBc55

Bob, I don’t think I have ever been disrespectful to you (could be wrong). Don’t always agree with you but do sometimes and absolutely respect your opinion but play devils advocate for a second....instead of jealousy or age discrimination maybe could your old style thinking, stubbornness and not adjusting to the game of basketball the way it’s played now create all this animosity?

All major sports; baseball, hockey football and yes basketball has changed and evolved over the last 20-30-40 years. You Can lead a horse to water but your can’t make them drink. You can still love the damn horse though.

augie: I agree with what you posted above. I certainly don't mind that you are playing devil's advocate. However, why should others get so upset with me just because of the way I think and they dont like how I think?

I believe that the old style basketball that I favor can still win at the high school and all levels of college basketball including D-1 basketball if done correctly. But you have to understand and know how to coach this game that way.

Which ever adjectives my critics want to throw at me is fine with me because you can't teach a old dog new tricks if the old tricks still work if done properly. I was criticized when I coached so being criticized doesn't bother me but insulting me, calling me names, dumping on me, dissing me, etc. is just not called for, but if it makes my critics happy let them have at it, but I don't have to pay any attention to it like I have all my basketball life.

It is kind of fun that adults?? can get so upset with an old time senior basketball citizen who they think is senile.

Which two teams in the NBA right now come to the closest way of playing old style basketball. Draft, trade and sign only good human beings, coachable, high IQ players, basketball players playing basketball over athletes playing basketball just the opposite of the way the other 29 NBA teams (until the Celtics smartened up and figured why the Spurs were so successful for all these years) do as looking for athlete first and the heck with the other factors and how most D-1 college recruites recruit the same way, athletes and the heck with the other factors.

Why the most successful NBA franchise in the past 20 season who had the most NBA champions and most 50 wins seasons, the San Antonio Spurs and now the Spurs of the Eastern Conference are the Boston Celtics under Brad Stevens who used the old style at Butler to almost with a half court 3 of winning the D-1 NCAA March Madness and look how he has turned the dismantled Celtic program around in just 4 short seasons using the Spurs style of organization and play.

Also, why should I be forced to change my basketball philosophy just because others disagree with me. They are so upset with me that they can't even agree to disagree, most want to attack me personally which is fine.

I know I am stubborn basketball wise but I am just going with what was successful for me as a coach, how successful Butler was and how successful the Spurs were/are and now adding the Celtics to that list.

However, I certainly appreciate your efforts in your post to try to help me. Not many here on MBR would do that.

I understand what you were trying to get me to do. But "I ain't a changin", not this late in my basketball life.

Besides I believe in the way Pop Popovich and Brad Stevens run and coach their teams and even with a shot clock they have to deal with. They are the only NBA teams that I will watch and am hoping for a Spurs-Celtics championship series in June. That would be a HEAVEN made series. A series of old style basketball.

Thanks again augie.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:54 am

augie wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:

BcBc55

bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:53 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby fromthebench » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:06 pm

Congrats to the Men! As I said at the start of the season, 76 ppg is the magic number in America East. If they continue to put that many points on the board they will be successful and prove me wrong. (I didn't think they could score 76 ppg)
fromthebench

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:14 pm

fromthebench wrote:Congrats to the Men! As I said at the start of the season, 76 ppg is the magic number in America East. If they continue to put that many points on the board they will be successful and prove me wrong. (I didn't think they could score 76 ppg)

fromthebench: If Maine men play like they did in the second half against Binghamton in their next 14 conference games then they can finish as high as fourth and get the important home court advantage come the quarter-finals.

I said at the beginning of the season after seeing them in person when they beat Husson and St. Joe's in exhibition games that they had enough talent if used right could finish as high as fourth if they go 8-8 in regular conference season.

Used right is going inside to force the double downs to double team the post before and after the post gets the ball.

Also then they can go inside-outside to get open 3 looks on the double teams and also incoparate more dribble penetration and kick out passes for 3's.

This means that they have got to have better spacing to make the defenses pay a big price of open 3's or open free layups when they double team before or after the ball gets to the paint.

Maine after that poor first half and being down 34-27 turned things completely around by going inside to Er which is a first this season as they went inside more in this game then they have in any game under the Walsh regime and I have seen most of their games on line or in person

After going 2-9 22.2% for threes in the first half by going inside more in the second half they went 5-12 for 48.1% for threes and Er who usually shoots threes shot only attempted 5 3's made 2 and scored even an old fashion three from the block and had 7 hoops in the paint and a jumper from the baseline. He went 10-14 on 2-5 from threes and 8 for 9 for 2's. Also by going inside in the second half the got better open 3 looks which led to their 5 for 12 from beyond the arc. Er looked very comfortable playing inside and he had to go against Binghamton's bigs and was very effective and I don't know why he has been a regular starter all year.

Going into the game Maine had taken 44.1% of their FGA's 3's and in their first conference win they were just 21 3 attempts out of 54 FGA's for 38.7%. Plus they were only 29.6% for 3's and shot 33.3% in thee game against the bearcats

Hope Maine and Er applies for a wavier for Er for his year being out for the year after the 11th game as 7 games is usually the cut off for getting a red shirt year for injury.

However, maybe as he is a JUCO junior transfer last year and only had played 11 games before his 2nd year that would be taken into consideration.

Remember last year he had 20 points in the first half in the game at Duke and then never saw the ball much again for the rest of the game.

Hope this doesn't happen like that again the rest of the season to come. Will find out this Wednesday in their home game against UMBC.
bcbc55

Re: MBB Wins vs Binghampton ! Er game high 23 points on 10-1

Postby Tom Nolette » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 am

#AEHoops
@AEHoopsNews

The fans have voted @BlackBearMBB's Aaron Calixte as the men's #AEHoops top performer from Saturday. Calixte scores 13-plus pts. in the second half for the third consecutive game, finishing with a total of 18pts and 4 assts.

pic: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DS9OHhIUMAA2nPn.jpg
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: MBB Wins vs Binghampton ! Calixte voted top game perfor

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:45 am

Maine Basketball
‏@BlackBearMBB
BREAKING
Aaron Calixte has been named #AEHoops Co-Player of the Week! #BlackBearNation