#BlackBearNation #HockeyEast
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: MHOCKEY at Boston University Jan 6, 7pm

Postby Blackbear28 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:32 pm

Maine up 2-0 after 2. My only complaint was their last powerplay of the period was just terrible. Swayman is easily the best goalie Maine has had since Ben Bishop. If you stopped watching the hockey team the last few years you're going to want to get up to Orono and watch a game this team is fun to watch for the first time in years.
Blackbear28

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:38 pm

Blackbear28 wrote:Maine up 2-0 after 2. My only complaint was their last powerplay of the period was just terrible. Swayman is easily the best goalie Maine has had since Ben Bishop. If you stopped watching the hockey team the last few years you're going to want to get up to Orono and watch a game this team is fun to watch for the first time in years.

Amen. Bought tix to the BC game on 2/17.
mainejeff

Postby Blackbear28 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Blackbear28 wrote:Maine up 2-0 after 2. My only complaint was their last powerplay of the period was just terrible. Swayman is easily the best goalie Maine has had since Ben Bishop. If you stopped watching the hockey team the last few years you're going to want to get up to Orono and watch a game this team is fun to watch for the first time in years.

Amen. Bought tix to the BC game on 2/17.

I will say, watching the BU stream shows just how far Maine has to go to act like a legit D1 program. Their intermission video they play is something Maine absolutely should be doing. Giving an inside look at the program (and winning) is how you bring the fans Timmay drove off back. Maine doesn't even tweet out their line sheets anymore which is just absurd.
Blackbear28

Postby thebam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:22 pm

TOTAL DOMINATION!!! Maine hockey is back. no dumb penalties . dominating goaltending! What a win!!! I am setting off fireworks tonite.!!!!!
thebam

Postby fafan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:27 pm

3-0 and a shutout for Swayman. He could take this team along ways this season. BU for having a ton of players in the Junior championships looked average at best. :D
Can't wait till the UNH series in 2 weeks!!!
fafan

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Maine Hockey is back! :D Order your tix now before it's too late....sellouts on the horizon!
mainejeff

Postby Blackbear28 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Maine wins 3-0. I really liked how Ryan Smith played tonight, he had a nice goal and a huge clear on the last penalty kill all while skating against BU's top line. In my opinion Vesey is an NHL player when he tries which is why it's so frustrating when he takes shifts off and takes dumb penalties. It's amazing to me how well the defense is holding up without Michel. Having him back will be huge for the Northeastern games. After not winning a road game last year this year they're 6-1 on the road which is incredible.
Blackbear28

Maine hockey dominates Boston University on the road

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:54 am

Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: Maine hockey dominates Boston University on the roa

Postby Chad Ford » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:57 pm

For about 2 minutes in the middle of the first period we did not look so good. The rest of the game we looked great.

Hats off to Red and his crew for giving us a fun season.
Chad Ford

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics