Jack Cosgrove new Coach of Colby

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Jack Cosgrove new Coach of Colby

Postby ronaldinho2 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:30 pm

UMaineDad wrote:Good for you Jack ...Players leave the program and they get raked through the coals. Coaches leave and they get treated like royalty. Something is wrong with this picture! I hear he got himself wrapped up in some litigation regarding the handling of the Mack transfer fiasco by Harasymiak. I'm sure this is not the reason for leaving...but Jack's an "Old School" guy that's probably frustrated with these "Young Coach Antics." There is no stability with these guys. If the guy wanted to coach, he should have kept the head job here, like I said before. Regardless of the past, I think he could have done a much better job with the recent and future talent than what Harasymiak has been able to produce. I think he's taking this job because he realizes that he got out too soon. This way he does not have to admit that he made a big mistake by appointing Harasymiak to the head coaching job. This program is in trouble. Like it or not Cosgrove, and crew, was responsible for recruiting the recent talent pool that brought hope to the program. There's nothing like having an experienced veteran coach talking to parents about why they should send their kids to UMaine football. Harasymiak's tenure has been the beginning of the end of this program as we know it. Like a said a while back... 'WHO'S NEXT?"

Dude you have no idea what you're talking about. Cos was burned out. He got the fire back and took another job. Simple as that. It has nothing to do with "young coach antics" or Mack or anything.
ronaldinho2

Postby mainejeff » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Amen ronaldinho2! Welcome to the board!
mainejeff

Postby Blackbear27 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:06 pm

Yep you nailed it. mainejeff you have nothing of your own, your a cling on. You morons don't even know the story. It starts like this highest paid coach in D III. The Mahaneys have more money than they know what to do with. So lets hire Jack for $300k to coach High School football.
Blackbear27

Postby Blackbear27 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:08 pm

Amen ronaldinho2! Welcome to the board!
mainejeff

Moron meet useless.
Blackbear27

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:11 pm

Blackbear27 wrote:Yep you nailed it. mainejeff you have nothing of your own, your a cling on. You morons don't even know the story. It starts like this highest paid coach in D III. The Mahaneys have more money than they know what to do with. So lets hire Jack for $300k to coach High School football.

'BB27: Is the Bangor High School Varsity Football Job still open. No travel there as Jack just lives less then a mile to Cameron Stadium at Garland Street Field the Rams home field and 3 miles from Bangor high their practice site.
bcbc55

Postby thebam » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Blackbear27 wrote:Yep you nailed it. mainejeff you have nothing of your own, your a cling on. You morons don't even know the story. It starts like this highest paid coach in D III. The Mahaneys have more money than they know what to do with. So lets hire Jack for $300k to coach High School football.

you are a moron. please go away. seriously. you have no brains.
thebam

Postby mainejeff » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm

bcbc55 wrote:

'BB27: Is the Bangor High School Varsity Football Job still open. No travel there as Jack just lives less then a mile to Cameron Stadium at Garland Street Field the Rams home field and 3 miles from Bangor high their practice site.

That would have been a better fit. Colby players will be smarter than their coach. :|
mainejeff

Postby UMaineDad » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Ronaldinho2,

You sound impressive but I spoke to Jack before this happened. He never mentioned anything about leaving but he did indicated that he was turned off by these young coaches and their obsession with social media, etc. D1 football will never be a "young coach" game. This is not NO-LIMIT-HOLDEM! Experience is everything. No matter how burned out he may have been, he still had a much better record than Coach H. will ever have, if he stays around. Say what you want dude, Jack would have taken this team deep into the playoffs over the past 2 seasons! Although the 2 year break was good for him, I think he feels that he left to soon...but you know best!
UMaineDad

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:14 am

I don't think he left because he really wanted to...he may have been burned out but if I am not mistaken he had some heart issues that season two or three years ago where he had to go to the hospital...so he needed to take a break anyway.

But he certainly deserves all the accolades. He loves Maine football though...It really is a loss for the University.

He really is a great Coach. He will do very well at Colby and I say good for him really. With all the nonsense going
on with the basketball program and the funding issues at Maine I can not say I blame him.
basketball_guy

Postby mainejeff » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:04 am

He was a .500 coach....at best. Maybe he can hang out at the local Mexican dive bar with Paul LePage. Waterville is a happenin place!
mainejeff

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics