Maine19Fan: Your real name and bb experience please.

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Maine19Fan: Your real name and bb experience please.

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:27 pm

MaineBBFan99 wrote:
The real question is, with the talent on the roster, is the Maine Coaching staff's approach the correct one?

100% agree. For the Maine women's team, the answer is absolutely yes. I will defer to others on this board with more knowledge about the men's team.

Didn't think you launched any personal attacks, Lenny; I was just tired of the direction in which this conversation was going.

Also, curious to hear your theory about 19's frequent posts.

19: Yeah, that would be interesting. Might have been a player that I cut or didn't play much in high school or when reffing made a bad call in his mind that cost his team the game. As he gets real personel with his name calling and criticism about anything I post. He sure has an axe to grind.

However, if all here on MBR that he disagrees with their posts keep posting that will keep him busy so that he will have to spread out the criticism about his great knowledge about d-1 basketball and basketball in general.

Keep "typin and postin" all of who have been dumped on by the great basketball mind that never agrees with anybody but himself.

I don't care if he dumps on me and my ideas but it bothers me that he does it to all the other MBR posters that he does not agree with their ideas or posts. There is name for a person like that and it is a ...MBR bully who ca never agree to disagree as he is akways right and has to have the lst word on every post others make.

There I have finally responded to 19's latest posts on all the threads he responded too recently.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:15 pm

55: It appears that you do care when I respond to you, since you not only keep reading but that you keep responding.

Again, nothing personal against you.
I just don't appreciate convoluted theories, insupportable philosophies and statistics posted without perspective, particularly when your "opinions" about the stats counter just about everything that is known about basketball in the modern era.

Is it wrong to disagree with someone who is wrong?

That's my ax to grind.
Maine19Fan

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:55: It appears that you do care when I respond to you, since you not only keep reading but that you keep responding.

I just don't appreciate convoluted theories, insupportable philosophies and statistics posted without perspective, particularly when your "opinions" about the stats counter just about everything that is known about basketball in the modern era.

That's my ax to grind.

Maine19Fan:It is not wrong to dsagree if you do it in a positive manner. If you don't like my posts.then don't read my posts, BUT I have a better idea. I can fix that in a hurry, watch me I WILL NOT RESPOND TO ANY OF YOUR POSTS IF YOU CRITICIZE OR DUMP ON ANYONE HERE ON MBR ABOUT THEIR IDEAS. IF YOU CAN'T JUST POSITIVELY AGREE TO DISAGREE WITHOUT THE NAME CALLING AND INSULTS I AM NOT INTERESTED IN YOU OR YOUR NEGATIVE POSTS ANYMORE.

I have got better things to do then to waste my time on you and your know it all attitude. Life is to short at my age.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:57 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:55: It appears that you do care when I respond to you, since you not only keep reading but that you keep responding.

That's my ax to grind.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:30 pm

So, oh great conscience of this forum, is it allowed that we point out how foolish some of your theories truly are?
You do realize that this is a forum to discuss, argue and disagree about basketball. As such, some of us are going to point out inaccuracies in the posts of others. Some are going to try to show how some unsupported theories are likely to be foolish ones, etc.

Let's hope you've got better things to do than to continue to blather on.

Silencing you, if indeed it would happen, might be my greatest contribution to this site.
Maine19Fan

Postby Blackbear28 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:38 pm

19: Yes or no should Maine extend Walsh after this year?
Blackbear28

Postby Maine19Fan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Blackbear ... I'm going to answer in what is the best interest of the school and the program.
It's best to evaluate when all the evidence is in, which would be at the end of the season.

Sorry that it's not a yes or no answer.

I will say this: it's not looking good for Walsh right now. If the evaluation period was over right now, we'd have to agree that Walsh would not be retained.
But. that's the logical assumption without any idea what administrators at the school think. Best to leave those foolish assumptions to the likes of the all-knowing bcbc55.

Hard to figure what happened (although I'm sure the "experts" like bcbc55 will love to tell us). Walsh was a terrific D3 coach, in the region, at a level where X's and O's are extremely important. It would have stood to reason that he had good recruiting connections. He was a head coach, so he knows how to lead. He is a very good man. I thought, when he was hired, that it was a terrific choice. Looking back, there wasn't anyone in this forum who thought otherwise.

That none of that resulted in positive on-court success here shows just how very difficult it is to win at Maine.
I do know that a roster full of D2/D3 players from our state isn't going to cut it.

The problem will be where does Maine go to find someone to turn this around?
Markwood isn't coming here.
No high-level assistant ... they all make double what Maine pays its head coach ... is coming here.

It is going to be an extremely tough position to fill.
Maine19Fan

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:49 pm

19: You wont silence me I will just not respond to any of your responses to my posts.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:31 pm

55,keep posting. Always look forward to your comments!
Maine19Fan

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics