[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - Central Connecticut hammers Maine 84-57

Central Connecticut hammers Maine 84-57

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Central Connecticut hammers Maine 84-57

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:58 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:Walsh might get fired, but it won't come until the end of the season.

19: THat is ONE thing you and I can agree upon.
bcbc55

Postby Muchups » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:01 pm

The idea that there has been no one better in Maine than most of these current goons is laughable. This team, in terms of overall talent, is one of the worst in all of D1.

Most of the current roster are not D1 material. So lets keep doing what we've been doing, recruiting bad players from NY, NJ or overseas...
Muchups

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:51 pm

Muchups wrote:The idea that there has been no one better in Maine than most of these current goons is laughable. This team, in terms of overall talent, is one of the worst in all of D1.

Most of the current roster are not D1 material. So lets keep doing what we've been doing, recruiting bad players from NY, NJ or overseas...

"Muchups": That is why I have been saying for years, if Maine is going to lose, do it with a Maine coach coaching Maine kids. Get 2 best Mainers each recruiting class for a total of 8.. 2 in and 2 out each year, recruit 3 out of staters that the Mainers do not provide position and skill wise usually BIGS and have walkon tryouts for the other 3 roster spots making up 14 player roster. Always was and still probably is walkons that played in the field house and now the rec center that were or are as good as some of the scholarship players every season.

Last winning season for men was 2009-10 19-10, 3 Mainers started 6'5" Barnies, 6'7" McNally and 6'2" Bernal and 5 would have if 6'6" Socoby hadn't left after his junior year when he was the team's leading scorer and 6'11" Cook left after his sophmore year.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:17 pm

55: Sure, if Maine appears likely to lose, then why not bring in a bunch of D2 and D3-level players from our state to absolutely ensure that they'll lose, right?

The challenge to you remains: Identify 8 kids, two from every year, currently playing college basketball who could have an impact at the D1 level.
This is only about the fifth time I've offered that challenge to you.
It remains unanswered.

Honestly, I don't blame you for your avoidance issue since you can't find eight.
It is indeed laughable to think you could find walk-ons in the rec and intramural leagues at Maine that could play D1 basketball.
To think that is further proof that while you might have one time had a grasp of high school-level basketball, you don't have a clue about D1 at the college level.

So, when are you going to accept the "challenge?"
Or, 55, are you going to continue to just avoid it?
Maine19Fan

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:55: Sure, if Maine appears likely to lose, then why not bring in a bunch of D2 and D3-level p

The challenge to you remains: Identify 8 kids, two from every year, currently playing college basketball who could have an impact at the D1 level.
This is only about the fifth time I've offered that challenge to you.
It remains unanswered.

Honestly, I don't blame you for your avoidance issue since you can't find eight.
It is indeed laughable to think you could find walk-ons in the rec and intramural leagues at Maine that could play D1 basketball.
To think that is further proof that while you might have one time had a grasp of high school-level basketball, you don't have a clue about D1 at the college level.

So, when are you going to accept the "challenge?"
Or, 55, are you going to continue to just avoid it?

19: Roster 14....includes the 8 Mainers. 3 out of state-international players for positions that Mainers do not fill
..............Walk on tryous for 3 additional players to make roster of 14. In past there was always a couple of "true gym rats" tht played in the field house and intramurals that were as good as some of the scholarship players and now they gym rats play in the new rec hall and intramurals. Just send assistants out to scout walkons in advance of tryouts so they don't miss some that might not tryout.

Past 4 years. Just since 2014-15 season Walsh's first year at Maine

Remember I stated on this plan that All would go to prep school after high school for year
6'10" Cimino-American U
6'5 Hyland-Gonzago-Fairfield-Bentley
6'6"McFarland-Bentley
6'8" McDevitt-Franlin-Pierce
6'7" Furness-Bentley
6'3" THomas-MCI South Carolina college don't know name, but it is a D-1 school
6'9" Mayo-Eastern Kentucky
6'6" Bouchard-Bentley
6'6" Z. Gilpin-Bentley
6'5" Martin-Husson
8'7" Fleming-UMaine
6'1" Coyne-Bates
6'6" Hudson-Bentley

This years high school senior next year's freshmen
5'10" Moss-Portland
6'8" McDevitt-Gorham
6'1" Shildroth-GSA
6'3' Shea-EL

Will name more as season progresses.
Last edited by bcbc55 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bcbc55

Postby fromthebench » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:48 pm

Great list and right on the money. Those guys would kick the crap out of any Maine team for the last eight years.
I'll also post some names later, I've seen a few guys with size, athleticism and potential...
fromthebench

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:55 pm

fromthebench wrote:Great list and right on the money. Those guys would kick the crap out of any Maine team for the last eight years.
I'll also post some names later, I've seen a few guys with size, athleticism and potential...

fromthebench: Thanks, Great to have someone here on MBR that think's like I do. But after all you are a coach and that makes a big difference in how you look at the game and the players that play it.

Look forward to your additions to the list.

Thanks again.
bcbc55

Postby fromthebench » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:21 pm

You're welcome, I've seen a couple guys this year that surprised me with their size and athleticism. Maybe another late bloomer like Mayo. I want to see him again before I say anything.
fromthebench

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:42 pm

fromthebench wrote:You're welcome, I've seen a couple guys this year that surprised me with their size and athleticism. Maybe another late bloomer like Mayo. I want to see him again before I say anything.

"fromthebench: Look forward to it. Have a Merry Christmas!
bcbc55

Postby basketball_guy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:35 pm

Just curious have there been any D1 players out of New Brunswick and Quebec that Maine should also be looking at?
basketball_guy

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics