Any Confirmation?

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Any Confirmation?

Postby Linguist » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:36 pm

bcbc, unless addressed to me I typically just give your posts the grad school read. 1st few words of each paragraph and then scan the rest. I know the material you are going to write so I don't need to read it. It's the same content, I was just trying to help out a fellow poster figure out how long it took you, by alerting him to it is 94.739844% recycled material.
Linguist

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Linguist wrote:bcbc, unless addressed to me I typically just give your posts the grad school read. 1st few words of each paragraph and then scan the rest. I know the material you are going to write so I don't need to read it. It's the same content, I was just trying to help out a fellow poster figure out how long it took you, by alerting him to it is 94.739844% recycled material.

Linquist: THIS POST IS FOR YOU AS IT'S ADDRESSED TO YOU.

Thanks for informing me what a GRAD school read is as I could have used it when I was at Maine getting my Master's degree back in the 70's.
I completely understand. Thanks for trying to help a fellow poster. I timed the long post and it took me 15 minutes and that included proof reading.

I thought this post that you started originally was very interesting and I just wanted to let MBRers know In my opinion the evaluation paid for by the head coach as stated in a post was not working and gave some things I thought would help for no charge.

However, it appears to me that Walsh doesn't listen to anyone. There he has Bob Sims the most qualified and experienced assistant coach ever to be on Maine men's basketball staff and during games Walsh does not seem to converse with him at all. Simon sits on the bench and Walsh stands with his arms folded against his chest all game complaining to the officials. Definitely doesn't converse with Simon while the game is going on.

Walsh doesn't very often talk to any of his assistant coaches when the is timeout before he talks to the players.

I don't know how much he listens to his coaching staff during practices or meetings but whatever they say or not say has not changed much the past 3 plus seasons that is if Walsh even listen to them.

Maybe that is why he has lost a few in his short tenure here are UMaine.

This post including proof reading took 14 minutes. Being retired full time and the only things I have to do is be on my computer in the winter to go on MBR, write my "Off the Rim Column" and BLOG for the BDN.

So I do get carried away, but then again nobody has to read my posts or responses to posts or my BDN column or BLOG either.

Opps, make that 15 minutes.
bcbc55

Postby tjm502 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:22 am

Linguist wrote:bcbc, unless addressed to me I typically just give your posts the grad school read. 1st few words of each paragraph and then scan the rest. I know the material you are going to write so I don't need to read it. It's the same content, I was just trying to help out a fellow poster figure out how long it took you, by alerting him to it is 94.739844% recycled material.

That's more than I do... I found the "unfollow" button under the User Control Panel - Friends/Foes tab, added bcbc55 and POOF, no longer see any of his posts! Of course, I have to see them when people quote him, but amazing how refreshing it is to not see the same old thing on every single post..
tjm502

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:51 pm

tjm502 wrote:

That's more than I do... I found the "unfollow" button under the User Control Panel - Friends/Foes tab, added bcbc55 and POOF, no longer see any of his posts! Of course, I have to see them when people quote him, but amazing how refreshing it is to not see the same old thing on every single post..

tjm502: How refreshing for me to not have you read my posts because if you don't like them, at least you won't post back and I won't have read them.
bcbc55

Postby Blackbear28 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Cim: I think it would be a great addition to all of your posts if you timed how long it took to write it and included that at the end
Blackbear28

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:20 pm

Blackbear28 wrote:Cim: I think it would be a great addition to all of your posts if you timed how long it took to write it and included that at the end

"Blackbear28": NOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA AND I WILL DO JUST THAT. THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION. TIME WILL INCLUDE CORRECTIONS. THIS ONE TOOK 28 SECONDS.

CIM
bcbc55

Postby bulldog » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:49 pm

bcbc55 wrote:NOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA AND I WILL DO JUST THAT. THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION. TIME WILL INCLUDE CORRECTIONS. THIS ONE TOOK 28 SECONDS.

Takes longer to write in caps! Enjoy reading your comments coach Cim.
bulldog

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:11 pm

bulldog wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:NOW THAT IS A GREAT IDEA AND I WILL DO JUST THAT. THANKS FOR THE SUGGESTION. TIME WILL INCLUDE CORRECTIONS. THIS ONE TOOK 28 SECONDS.

Takes longer to write in caps! Enjoy reading your comments coach Cim.

"bulldog". I know but easier for me to see and read at my age. Thanks for enjoying my many and often posted comments.
bcbc55

Previous

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics