MACK sneak attack

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MACK sneak attack

Postby mainejeff » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:46 am

bcbc55 wrote:If you are from out-of-state and are that good then why would you want to come to UMaine to play any sport except Ice Hockey.

Because they aren't all 80 year old men with an agenda against UMaine?
mainejeff

Postby Muchups » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:51 am

mainejeff wrote:
bcbc55 wrote:If you are from out-of-state and are that good then why would you want to come to UMaine to play any sport except Ice Hockey.

Good point. Maybe the state university shouldn't be in Southern Canada. If the location of the state university wasn't so far from population, economic and cultural center of the state maybe people would have more of a reason to come.
Muchups

Postby Linguist » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:57 am

Linguist wrote:BCBC55 - If you had to go through the heart procedure, and your options were choosing an older doctor from Maine, who never ventured outside of the state for training or education, was never updated on the newest practices and procedures, had never gone to a conference or a clinic outside of the state, and continued to operate on hearts the same way he did when he started in 1973, but he is Maine born, bred, educated and practiced.

Or would you have the procedure done by a person who was born out of the state, and received education and training in another state, but moved to Maine and is up to date on recent practices, and procedures. This Doctor has reviewed the current trends and ways to treat your heart issues, regularly ventures out to gain more knowledge from the best and brightest in his field, and only wants to bring in the best people regardless of age or birth place to work with them in the operating room and in their office staff.

Which Doctor would you want to do you procedure?

I'm taking the second one every single time.

BCBC55 - you never responded to this query.
Linguist

Postby mainejeff » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:58 am

Muchups wrote:
mainejeff wrote:

Good point. Maybe the state university shouldn't be in Southern Canada. If the location of the state university wasn't so far from population, economic and cultural center of the state maybe people would have more of a reason to come.

They do come! Students & student-athletes from all over the country & the world....more than ever. Maybe that is what is burning Bob. Good thing that he doesn't live in New Hampshire or Vermont!
mainejeff

Postby mainejeff » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Hate to tell y'all in Northern Massachusetts (South of Brunswick) folks...if UMaine was in Portland the only difference would be more kids from the Greater Portland area at UMaine. Maine is Maine to out-of-state kids. If they want urban....they are going to school in Boston/NYC/DC/etc.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm

Linguist wrote:
Linguist wrote:BCBC55 - If you had to go through the heart procedure, and your options were choosing an older doctor from Maine, who never ventured outside of the state for training or education, was never updated on the newest practices and procedures, had never gone to a conference or a clinic outside of the state, and continued to operate on hearts the same way he did when he started in 1973, but he is Maine born, bred, educated and practiced.

Or would you have the procedure done by a person who was born out of the state, and received education and training in another state, but moved to Maine and is up to date on recent practices, and procedures. This Doctor has reviewed the current trends and ways to treat your heart issues, regularly ventures out to gain more knowledge from the best and brightest in his field, and only wants to bring in the best people regardless of age or birth place to work with them in the operating room and in their office staff.

Which Doctor would you want to do you procedure?

I'm taking the second one every single time.

BCBC55 - you never responded to this query.[/quote

Linquist:At my age what difference does it make But if I had to choose I will go with experience and youth can assist.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 pm

mainejeff wrote:

mj: My agenda as you call it is because most of the out-of-staters administrators who do the hiring
treat UMaine like a private school when it is the taxpayers of Maine's school as a land grant public institution. If it was private I would not care one way or another.
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:57 pm

I wish that they were private....then they wouldn't have to deal with every ******* with an agenda.
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:10 pm

mainejeff wrote:I wish that they were private....then they wouldn't have to deal with every ******* with an agenda.

mj: I completely understand and I wouldn't have to complain either.
bcbc55

Postby oldfart » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:34 pm

I said all year long the coaching staff would fall on their sword with decisions.
Looks like another poor year ahead with this staff
oldfart

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics