[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - MACK sneak attack

MACK sneak attack

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MACK sneak attack

Postby Linguist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:21 am

BCBC55 - If you had to go through the heart procedure, and your options were choosing an older doctor from Maine, who never ventured outside of the state for training or education, was never updated on the newest practices and procedures, had never gone to a conference or a clinic outside of the state, and continued to operate on hearts the same way he did when he started in 1973, but he is Maine born, bred, educated and practiced.

Or would you have the procedure done by a person who was born out of the state, and received education and training in another state, but moved to Maine and is up to date on recent practices, and procedures. This Doctor has reviewed the current trends and ways to treat your heart issues, regularly ventures out to gain more knowledge from the best and brightest in his field, and only wants to bring in the best people regardless of age or birth place to work with them in the operating room and in their office staff.

Which Doctor would you want to do you procedure?

I'm taking the second one every single time.
Linguist

Postby Linguist » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 am

Other than bashing parents, or debating the birth place of doctor's or um coaches and how the hiring should be and how provincial UMaine athletics should be let's ask the real question and debate the big elephant in the room.

When Coach H was hired he was the youngest coach in the country and was thought to be able to connect better to the players of today.

Yet now an All-American and leading rusher can't be convinced to stay in Orono. A major college transfer has to be coddled and kept from crying to stay in Orono after he wasn't named the starting quarterback.

Is Coach H doing what you expected? How much of this transfer falls at the feet of Coach H?
Linguist

Postby thebam » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:32 am

Linguist wrote:Is Coach H doing what you expected? How much of this transfer falls at the feet of Coach H?

I think until we get an honest answer from Mack himself as to why he's doing this it's hard to say. All American RB at the FCS ( 1AA ) level. If he thinks going to a 1A ( FBS ) school helps his resume' for NFL, no real reason to criticize this move.
thebam

Postby dunbar » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:40 am

A lot of Maine players who’ve succeeded in the NFL have been flexible and have played new positions or have excelled on special teams. Just look at Project Pat. Two straight weeks with TDs at FB and a hell of a block to set up another TD this week in Pittsburgh. And just a year ago he was the captain of the Black Hole.

There’s a reason players like Ricard shine moving from the FCS level to the league, and it’s not because of nationally leading numbers.
dunbar

Postby Muchups » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:36 am

I think Mack is more comparable to someone like Terrance West, who led the CAA and FCS in rushing, and has so far had a decent career in the NFL, than the more recent UMaine NFLers who might have had to change positions or play special teams to make an impact in the league.

Anyway, I think it's a bad move for Mack. Let's say he goes to a school like Syracuse and performs well, and gains 1000 yards for a bad FBS team. Does that make him a more attractive NFL prospect than he would be coming out of Maine? I think probably not. And, transferring adds so many more risks. Not worth it.
Muchups

Postby mainejeff » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:09 pm

These "kids" are young and fickle. Some have delusions of grandeur....some want to be in a place where they are more comfortable. Some just don't get along with coaches or teammates. Whatever....fans of UM teams should be used to this by now. It's not worth getting too worked up over....Maine wasn't a playoff team with 2 stellar Mack rushing seasons so big whoop!
mainejeff

Postby Blackbear27 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Your free to express opinion on any topic.. However, personal attacks not needed to make any point !

Tom what personal attack. Is this the one you actually notice. LOL
Blackbear27

Postby fafan » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:46 pm

I think all of us know that losing a first team all FCS RB as a sophomore is not a good thing. I just hope Coach H and staff did what they could to keep him here. This program's success has been built upon the fact that it operates like a family, you redshirt as a frosh pay your dues and get playing time as a junior or senior. There are exceptions and I think Coach H is more willing to play underclassman more than Coach Cos was.

Wish Josh Mack best of luck in where ever he lands but certainly don't hold this against Coach H but hope he comes out and discusses this as best as he is allowed to. In the meantime hope to hear some positive news on OL ;)
fafan

Postby The Bear » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:26 pm

Get out of that sinking ship, Josh
The Bear

Postby thebam » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:45 pm

The Bear wrote:Get out of that sinking ship, Josh

Sinking ship? hahaha. Good try. 2 plays from having a winning season this year. 3 more years of the QB. You are clueless.
thebam

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics