[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 101: Illegal string offset 'Name'
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /home/mb4/public_html/Assets/Class/Content.class.php on line 102: Illegal string offset 'Text'
MBR.org Forum • View topic - MACK sneak attack

MACK sneak attack

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: MACK sneak attack

Postby mainejeff » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:58 am

yorkcountyUNHfan wrote:Getting away from the "why's" and blame game, how will Maine replace Mack's production on the field.
Not that you can "replace" an All American....I think the passing game would go a lot easier with the threat of Mack on the field. Your young QB will improve in the decision making process as he matures. he already looks to have the physical tools. This has to be a blow to the play-off hopes in the next couple years. (I still hate the idea of 2 FBS games in a season. It leaves the margin of error so small). I, for one, feel that Maine has been heading in the right direction, but this has to be a set back.

UNH & Maine are worlds apart.....your program is built & operated for annual playoff appearances. Maine's program is built to further individual goals (NFL) and help finance the athletic dept. #SadButTrue
mainejeff

Postby thebam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:56 pm

yorkcountyUNHfan wrote:Getting away from the "why's" and blame game, how will Maine replace Mack's production on the field.
Not that you can "replace" an All American....I think the passing game would go a lot easier with the threat of Mack on the field. Your young QB will improve in the decision making process as he matures. he already looks to have the physical tools. This has to be a blow to the play-off hopes in the next couple years. (I still hate the idea of 2 FBS games in a season. It leaves the margin of error so small). I, for one, feel that Maine has been heading in the right direction, but this has to be a set back.

I have maintained all along, at any level, if you have a quality offensive line, you can plug and play just about anyone back there. I am not concerned about " replacing" mack's output. Next man up should be just fine. The QB will be better, as you stated and if we can be more aggressive offensively and get away from FG attempts and run a 4 down offense, this team should be a lock for the playoffs.
thebam

Postby dunbar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:13 pm

mainejeff wrote:UNH & Maine are worlds apart.....your program is built & operated for annual (sometimes undeserving) playoff appearances (orchestrated by Uncle Marty). Maine's program is built to further individual goals (NFL) and help finance the athletic dept. #SadButTrue

FYP.
dunbar

Postby yorkcountyUNHfan » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:34 pm

dunbar wrote:
mainejeff wrote:UNH & Maine are worlds apart.....your program is built & operated for annual (sometimes undeserving) playoff appearances (orchestrated by Uncle Marty). Maine's program is built to further individual goals (NFL) and help finance the athletic dept. #SadButTrue

FYP.

you're going to have to do better then that you angry little person....
2-1 this year 14-14 for the run
yorkcountyUNHfan

Postby thebam » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:49 pm

I would have to agree that this year, unh had no business being in the playoffs. success they had once they got there notwithstanding.
thebam

Postby yorkcountyUNHfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:26 pm

Has there been any word on Mack?
yorkcountyUNHfan

Postby fafan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:45 pm

yorkcountyUNHfan wrote:Has there been any word on Mack?

Ask YCUNHfan and you shall receive ;)

Unfortunately it is official as UMaine granted his release.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/19/s ... -transfer/
fafan

Postby yorkcountyUNHfan » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:52 pm

fafan wrote:
yorkcountyUNHfan wrote:Has there been any word on Mack?

Ask YCUNHfan and you shall receive ;)

Unfortunately it is official as UMaine granted his release.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/12/19/s ... -transfer/

Thanks for the update.
yorkcountyUNHfan

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:46 am

UMaine Football Grants Mack Transfer Request

ORONO, MAINE (WABI) - UMaine football waving goodbye to running back Josh Mack. The sophomore has been granted his release to transfer. Mack wants to test himself at the highest level of college football. Look for him to join a major college program in the coming weeks. Mack today named a first team All-America running back.

- http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/UMain ... 46403.html

- http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/23 ... om-program
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby UMaineDad » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:17 pm

Well...it's official. Cohen is out! Transferring to Holy Cross...Got a better contract deal, etc. Looks like Mack was on to something...WOW! Can someone call over there and find out what the hell's going on...better yet...Who's next? If this is true...I just don't know what to say for the future of this program!
UMaineDad

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics