Upcoming WBB opponents

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Upcoming WBB opponents

Postby mainejeff » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:53 am

#8 Ohio State plays @ #17 Duke on Thursday (11/30) on ESPN2 @7:00pm. This will offer a preview of 2 Top 20 opponents that Maine will be facing soon.

Upcoming opponent Toledo is currently 3-1 including a 90-55 loss to #5 Louisville & a 68-50 win over Dayton (Maine Tourney Champ).
mainejeff

Re: Upcoming WBB opponents

Postby mainah57 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:01 pm

Interesting - that may be a fun game to watch (too bad it conflicts with the Maine / Toledo game). Definitely curious to see how that match-up ends up though.

Call me too optimistic after this past weekend's tourney, but I think it's within the realm of possibility that Maine, especially if Saar is back by then, could make it a game with Duke. And maybe with Toledo. But they will undoubtedly be very, very tough games. If I was betting money on it, I'd predict at least a 20-30 point loss to Ohio State and MS State, but would be happy to be proven wrong (and I'm hopeful that, regardless of outcome, the team will play well and gain some crucial defensive experience against a couple of the best teams in the nation).

Duke played the Todd Steelman-coached Presbyterian women a few days ago. Score was within 8 at the half (but Duke ultimately pulled away).
mainah57

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics