Football

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby thebam » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:30 am

UMaineDad wrote:Well, it's official...I guess Mack landed pretty darn well after all at Liberty University. I don't understand how the school allowed him to transfer to an opposing school in 2019. Kid's gonna have a hard on and vengence for us, I wonder if Coach H will keep this game on the schedule? I'm sure its gonna be a good payday for UMaine...

There is no scenario where this game should be cancelled just because a running back who used to play here , now plays there. It's not like this kid is Earl Campbell or something.
User avatar
thebam
 
Posts: 4353
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 pm
Location: Edmond, OK

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby mainejeff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:41 am

thebam wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:Well, it's official...I guess Mack landed pretty darn well after all at Liberty University. I don't understand how the school allowed him to transfer to an opposing school in 2019. Kid's gonna have a hard on and vengence for us, I wonder if Coach H will keep this game on the schedule? I'm sure its gonna be a good payday for UMaine...

There is no scenario where this game should be cancelled just because a running back who used to play here , now plays there. It's not like this kid is Earl Campbell or something.


It was still a stupid move by UM to allow him to transfer to a future opponent during his years of eligibility. There are plenty of other programs out there. I don't think that Maine should have scheduled Liberty period...but that's a topic for another day.
User avatar
mainejeff
 
Posts: 14111
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 pm

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby UMaineDad » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:12 pm

Just another poor UMaine decision but none as bad as the 2018 schedule. Looks like we will be going 0 - 5 until we get to Rhody. Only 4 home games. Definitely a season of great concern. :(
UMaineDad
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:13 pm

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:57 am

Maine football sees intriguing option in backfield
... One in particular who has stood out has been redshirt freshman Ramon Jefferson, a player Maine was on the fence about redshirting in the first place last year. Head coach Joe Harasymiak said thus far, Jefferson has displayed explosiveness and intelligence, putting him in the conversation for most impressive performances this spring.
- https://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/2 ... -backfield

U. Maine's Jefferson moving on up!
- http://wgme.com/sports/content/u-maines ... ving-on-up
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
User avatar
Tom Nolette
owner
 
Posts: 80445
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby Muchups » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:17 am

UMaineDad wrote:Just another poor UMaine decision but none as bad as the 2018 schedule. Looks like we will be going 0 - 5 until we get to Rhody. Only 4 home games. Definitely a season of great concern. :(


What?

This team is returning a strong defense and an explosive set of receivers. If the QB play progresses and the OL holds firm I can see this team as 3-2 or 4-1 after 5. There's a good chance they're 2-0 in conference at that point...
Muchups
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby fafan » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:04 am

Muchups wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:Just another poor UMaine decision but none as bad as the 2018 schedule. Looks like we will be going 0 - 5 until we get to Rhody. Only 4 home games. Definitely a season of great concern. :(


What?

This team is returning a strong defense and an explosive set of receivers. If the QB play progresses and the OL holds firm I can see this team as 3-2 or 4-1 after 5. There's a good chance they're 2-0 in conference at that point...


Was hoping UMaineDad would be gone now that his son graduated but he still enjoys coming on and dumping on the team and the program whenever he can.
This schedule is brutal and any chance of having success will be to win the opener against UNH. Seems every year we are right there and after the missed xtra point last year at Durham we need to get the monkey off our back and beat these guys.
We certainly had a good weekend this year with UNH, knocked women's team out of the tourney and ended the Hockey season for Dickie U. and the boys ;)
fafan
 
Posts: 3559
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 8:25 am

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby Muchups » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:19 am

fafan wrote:
Muchups wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:Just another poor UMaine decision but none as bad as the 2018 schedule. Looks like we will be going 0 - 5 until we get to Rhody. Only 4 home games. Definitely a season of great concern. :(


What?

This team is returning a strong defense and an explosive set of receivers. If the QB play progresses and the OL holds firm I can see this team as 3-2 or 4-1 after 5. There's a good chance they're 2-0 in conference at that point...


Was hoping UMaineDad would be gone now that his son graduated but he still enjoys coming on and dumping on the team and the program whenever he can.
This schedule is brutal and any chance of having success will be to win the opener against UNH. Seems every year we are right there and after the missed xtra point last year at Durham we need to get the monkey off our back and beat these guys.
We certainly had a good weekend this year with UNH, knocked women's team out of the tourney and ended the Hockey season for Dickie U. and the boys ;)


I agree that the schedule is tough and nothing is a given. However, this team is still very talented. A very narrow margin separated them from 2nd or 3rd in conference vs. where they ended up last year. I see it as similar this year. Barring disaster they should compete in every game and its certainly possible that they make the jump back into the top few teams in the conference.
Muchups
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby Tom Nolette » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:46 am

Patterson ready for larger role in Maine football defense

..."We gotta take that next step right now as the whole defense. Really got to be able to finish and do things that we didn't do last year and really just be able to go out here and compete," Patterson said.

That next step for Patterson starts now, the junior will be the "go to" corner for Maine this season. While he remains humble, Patterson is relishing the opportunity.

"I try to make sure that I don't get too cocky and make sure that I make sure that i'm bringing up the young guys especially on the team make sure that they know everything that I already know especially during this time period," Patterson said.

https://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/2 ... ll-defense
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
User avatar
Tom Nolette
owner
 
Posts: 80445
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:24 am

Maine Football
@BlackBearsFB
We are just 3 weeks away from the Jeff Cole Memorial Spring Game! Join us Friday, May 4 at Alfond Stadium at 7 p.m. under the lights! #BlackBearNation #CAAFB
pics https://twitter.com/BlackBearsFB/status ... 6314842112
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
User avatar
Tom Nolette
owner
 
Posts: 80445
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Football 2018:: Spring slate begins !

Postby Tom Nolette » Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:47 am

Maine Football
@BlackBearsFB
Great effort on both side’s of the ball during today’s Saturday session! #BlackBearNation #CAAFB
video: https://twitter.com/BlackBearsFB/status ... 0376327169
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
User avatar
Tom Nolette
owner
 
Posts: 80445
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm
Location: Maine

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 66 guests