UMaine basketball teams need more production from post playe

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: UMaine basketball teams need more production from post p

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:55: Like I said: NBA teams don't draft choirboys.

Google Tony Parker and "scandal" to see a little about him and, then, tell me the Spurs only drafted good guys.

Sidney Wicks, Curtis Rowe both played extensively for the Celtics years ago, and both were absolute team cancers.

Check out Terry Rozier's indiscretions when he was Louisville.

All-time slime ball Rick Pitino was once the Celtics' coach.

Bruce Bowen, who played many years for the Spurs, was one of the dirtiest players in NBA history.

Rod Strickland, one of the most-selfish players of all time, played several years with the Spurs.

Former Spurs' star Chuck Person was recently arrested for bribery in the recent college hoops' scandal of payoffs for recruits.

So, neither the Celts nor the Spurs are "Saints."

As for Kat Williams: She doesn't play in games because she's not good enough right now.
You don't get better getting thrown in to a game.
That's how you lose games.
You get better in practice, during individual workouts in summer workouts.

But, you not only know more than the Maine men's basketball coach, you now know more than coaches in the women's program.
You are amazing!

19: They were not jerks when playing for the Spurs and I never referred to the Celtics before Stevens came.

Thanks for the back handed compliment because it wouldn't take much to know more from what I have seen at UMaine so far this season.

I know I would have got all my players in games that were 40 and 30 point games..
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

Yet, you said you only would play 8.

As for good guys ... Parker is a slime ball, and he's still an active Spur.
Bowen was a thug when he played for the Spurs.
Celts have their share of issues ... yet, you'll only go back to when Stevens took over?
Talk about selective memory to try to make a point that is mostly incorrect.

The ship has sunk!
Maine19Fan

Postby Maine19Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:15 am

By the way, the comment about you knowing more than the Maine coaches was most definitely NOT a compliment of any kind.

I thought you'd recognize sarcasm.
Maine19Fan

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:02 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:By the way, the comment about you knowing more than the Maine coaches was most definitely NOT a compliment of any kind.

I thought you'd recognize sarcasm.

19: I did recognize sarcasm, but I guess you did't. Too funny.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:19 pm

What's too funny is that you probably believe you'd be a better coach than our current people in charge at Maine.
Maine19Fan

Postby bcbc55 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:What's too funny is that you probably believe you'd be a better coach than our current people in charge at Maine.

19: Now you are a mind reader? But it wouldn't take much on the men's side, that is for sure. 21-84 and just 13-84 vs. D-1 teams.
bcbc55

Postby Maine19Fan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:19 pm

OK, I won't try to read your mind.
You tell us: do you think you could do a better job at UMaine than the current coach?
Maine19Fan

Postby fromthebench » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:43 pm

What is being a better coach? Is it winning more games? Than yes, bcbc would've been a better coach.
I don't agree with all of bcbc's methods. But his slow it down, work the ball, take a bad shot and you're benched style would certainly have won a few more games over the past eight years. He was very good at not letting the other team dictate the tempo and style of play. Some would say annoyingly so. :)
fromthebench

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Maine19Fan wrote:OK, I won't try to read your mind.
You tell us: do you think you could do a better job at UMaine than the current coach?

19: Couldn't have done any worse, that is for sure and it would have been done with 8 Mine kids on the roster.
bcbc55

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:56 pm

fromthebench wrote:What is being a better coach? Is it winning more games? Than yes, bcbc would've been a better coach.
I don't agree with all of bcbc's methods. But his slow it down, work the ball, take a bad shot and you're benched style would certainly have won a few more games over the past eight years. He was very good at not letting the other team dictate the tempo and style of play. Some would say annoyingly so. :)

fromthebench: Thanks for the support. You too could have done a better job. Know that just by your posts.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics