MBB at Texas Tech University... L 44-83

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:20 pm

The UMaine men's basketball team takes to the road after an opening game loss to Boston College at Chestnut Hill in Massachusetts on Friday. Texas Tech opened with a home win over South Carolina on Friday.

Texas Tech is the 32nd ranked in the Pomeroy RPI Rankings while Maine is at 331 out of the 351 D-1 teams.. Game time is 8:00pm and is on TV foxcollegesports.

The America East Conference is ranked as the 17TH CONFERENCE OUT OF 33 right now in he realtimerpi.com Conference RPI rankings.

In fact, America East Conference favorite again Vermont lost to Kentucky today at Kentucky and had the tying 3 in the air at the buzzer to lose 72-69.

Kentucky is ranked number 3 and Vermont 70th in Pomeroy RPI rankings.
bcbc55

Re: UMaine men 0-1 visits Texas Tech 1-0 Tuesday

Postby Tom Nolette » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:59 am

Maine Basketball‏
@BlackBearMBB

Game Preview | Men's Basketball to face Texas Tech Tuesday night in Lubbock

#BlackBearNation #AEHoops

Details: http://bit.ly/2AD59Vs
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby aechamps » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:33 am

Bob...Texas Tech opened with South Alabama...they also have a redshirt senior 6-10 260lb kid from Chicago/Depaul that will be big trouble for Maine.
aechamps

Postby thebam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:33 am

my car is packed. about to hit the road for Lubbock! Looking forward to this matchup!
thebam

Postby Blind Zebra » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:24 pm

22-3 early on. Maine can't guard TT and Fleming can't shoot. Nothin but bricks!
Blind Zebra

Postby mainejeff » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 pm

I had to turn it off...not only a pathetic effort but also pathetic picture quality! They don't have hi-def in Texas? :roll:
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:41 pm

7:11 to go 72-29 TT. Maine 2 for 16 12.5% for threes at this point in game.Where are White, Lowndes, Melmad, Wang and Bristonis not in blowout game?I believe Douglas, and Eze are injured.

Finally a final Texas Tech 83 Maine 44. That is why Texas Tech was ranked 33rd in the Pomeroy's RPI ranking and Maine was 331 going into the game.

Maine was 14-57 for 24.6% from the floor and 3 for 21 beyond their range for 14.3%

Maine only had 9 assists and no one in double figures in scoring. Fleming and Iljia S. each had 8.

Melmad Did get in with under 3 minutes to go so Maine only used 11 of the rostered 17 players and only 2 injured to make it 11 of 15 unless the other four that did not play are also injured or something else caused them to not play.

Anybody here on MBR know why White, Lowdnes, Wang and Bristonis did not play?
bcbc55

Postby duke11 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:27 pm

White Has been injured which is why he only only played 4 minutes against Bc.
Wang and Rob B. are walk-ons, I wouldn’t expect them to see playing time this year.
duke11

Postby bcbc55 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:06 am

duke11 wrote:White Has been injured which is why he only only played 4 minutes against Bc.
Wang and Rob B. are walk-ons, I wouldn’t expect them to see playing time this year.

Duke: Thanks for the info. So we are back to the injury bug again that hit UMaine last year. So right now Eze is out for the season. Douglas, White, Wang and Rob B. what are their statuses as of today. When will they get back and what type of injuries do they have? I know Douglas has a foot injury.

If Wang and Rob. are not injured and dressed for the game and did not play in a 39 point blow out why are they on the team?

Melmad is a walkon and he got just under 3 minutes and I realize that he is a senior 4 year walkon, but come on Wang and Rob B. if they are not sitting out red shirting this year then they should have gotten some minutes if they dressed for the game.
bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:45 am

Maine Falls to Texas Tech to Conclude Regional Round of Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament

LUBBOCK, Texas – Despite a near even second-half in terms of scoring, the University of Maine Black Bears men's basketball team could not comeback from a steep first half deficit, falling to Texas Tech 83-44 on Tuesday night at United Supermarkets Arena.

For the second-straight game, Ilija Stojiljkovic led the Black Bears (0-2) in scoring and rebounding. The junior forward recorded eight points on an efficient 4-of-6 shooting and brought down five rebounds. Andrew Fleming also tallied eight points, while Dusan Majstorovic and Ilker Er each added seven.

"Just a relentless attack from Texas Tech," said head coach Bob Walsh after the game. "I love the way they play. It's a credit to Chris (Beard) and their kids. They come at you in waves, and they attack. It was everything I was worried about coming into the game. Their intensity, their pressure, their athleticism and their size was just going to take us out of who we are. That's exactly what they did. They got us on our heels."

Texas Tech (2-0) jumped to an early 11-0 lead in front of a hostile crowd of 6,317. Maine got on the scoreboard when Aaron Calixte converted his first three-point attempt of the evening to bring the game to 11-3. The Red Raiders ensued on a 12-0 run to take a significant lead over the Black Bears, as Texas Tech kept pressure on Maine the entire first half.

The Black Bears did not give up and fought hard in the second-half, going toe-to-toe with the Red Raiders. Maine doubled their shooting percentage from the first half to the second, and out-rebounded the Red Raiders by a count of 19-15 in the final 20 minutes. Texas Tech outscored Maine by just three points at 34-31 in the final half.

Maine returns to action this Friday against South Alabama in the first game of the Springfield Bracket portion of the Hall of Fame Tip-Off Tournament. The opening tip is set for 5:00 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.

-UMaine-

http://www.goblackbears.com/news/2017/1 ... ament.aspx
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Next

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics