UMaine Mens past transfers

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

UMaine Mens past transfers

Postby aechamps » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:00 pm

Wesley Myers- Came of the bench for South Carolina, played 17 mins had 10 pts, 2 a, 1 st , over Wofford. Was 3rd highest scorer for the Gamecocks. They play again tomorrow night in the Puerto Rico Tip Off. Coach Frank Martin is looking to get back to the Final Four.

Isaac Vann- Came of the bench for VCU and had 7pts, 5 rebs, 2st, 2a in 23 min. VCU had there 100 straight sell out against Grambling State.

Devine Eke - Only played 5 min for Rider with 1 rb.

Lavar Harewood- South Carolina St DNP

Kevin Little- TN Martin- DNP

Walter King- Plays for D2 Southern Ct State

Ryan Bernstein- Kent State DNP in teams first game and only played 4min in exhibition game.

Austin Howard- Charleston Golden Eagles D2 Started two games, 51 min, 35 pts, 4 a, only 2 to and 7-14 3pt
Last edited by aechamps on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
aechamps

Re: UMaine Mens past transfers

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:51 pm

aechamps wrote:Wesley Myers- Came of the bench for South Carolina, played 17 mins had 10 pts, 2 a, 1 st , over Wofford. Was 3rd highest scorer for the Gamecocks. They play again tomorrow night in the Puerto Rico Tip Off. Coach Frank Martin is looking to get back to the Final Four.

Isaac Vann- Came of the bench for VCU and had 7pts, 5 rebs, 2st, 2a in 23 min. VCU had there 100 straight sell out against Grambling State.

Devine Eke - Only played 5 min for Rider with 1 rb.

Lavar Harewood- South Carolina St DNP

Kevin Litte- TN Martin- DNP

Walter King- Plays for D2 Southern Ct State

Ryan Bernstein- Kent State DNP in teams first game and only played 4min in exhibition game.

AEchamps: Thanks for the interesting and informative post.

Didn't Ryan Bernstein have to sit out a year because Kent State is D-1? Or is it because he was a walk on and not a scholarship player? Maine should have given him a scholarship for this year as he certainly earned it with all the minutes he played last year as a walk on starter.

These transferees must have thought that "The Grass is greener on the other side of the fence" playing time wise except for Myers as he was forced to transfer if he wanted to play.

. Vann averaged more than 23 minutes a game for Maine as a freshmen. If I remember correctly it was around 29 minutes.

Eke and Little started for Maine and Harewood got double figure minutes off the bench too.
bcbc55

Postby aechamps » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Bob , Ryan Bernstein played 4 min in exh. but he might not be eligible to play in games till next year? Not sure media guide does not say if he is sitting out via transfer. Also edited that Austin Howard is playing D2
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:45 pm

aechamps wrote:Bob , Ryan Bernstein played 4 min in exh. but he might not be eligible to play in games till next year? Not sure media guide does not say if he is sitting out via transfer. Also edited that Austin Howard is playing D2

AE: Thanks for the answers. Does Howard have to sit a year or can he play immediately seeing that he moved down to D-2? What school in D-2?
bcbc55

Postby Blackbear28 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:45 pm

Coach, would you rather be a star on a team where winning 10 games is an improvement or be a role player on a team with 100 straight sell outs where not winning games in the NCAA tournament (something Maine has never done) is a disappointment? It’s an easy choice to play for the winner for me.
Blackbear28

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:01 pm

Blackbear28 wrote:Coach, would you rather be a star on a team where winning 10 games is an improvement or be a role player on a team with 100 straight sell outs where not winning games is a disappointment? It’s an easy choice to play for the winner for me.

B28: There is no question that Maine did Wes Myers a favor by not inviting him back for his senior year.

Did you know that his final 2 choices for college originally was Niagra or South Carolina and he chose Niagra.

South Carolina lost their senior guards from last year that made the final four, so I would not be surprised if Myers works his way into the starting lineup as he is a very good competitor and player.

Have to give him credit for getting his degree so that he would not have to sit out a year for transferring.

I think any true competitor who is a real team teammate wants to win at the expense of playing time.

I agree with you winning is more important then playing time.
bcbc55

Postby Sandbagger » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:57 pm

IV, Eke and Myers all had solid preseasons. They should be contributors for their teams.

Believe Harewood had ankle surgery and is out for the season, assume it will be a redshirt year.

Any chance that Bernstein is sitting the year as a redshirt even if he is eligible, appears Kent St has a large roster with a number of Jr/Sr guards on the roster.

Little?
Sandbagger

Postby aechamps » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:16 pm

Yup my earlier post has Kevin Little at UT Martin....not sure he is eligible to play because of the transfer.
Austin Howard is a senior and is playing because he is at a different level.
aechamps

Postby bcbc55 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:28 pm

aechamps wrote:Yup my earlier post has Kevin Little at UT Martin....not sure he is eligible to play because of the transfer.
Austin Howard is a senior and is playing because he is at a different level.

AE: Howard sat out last year at Colorado State after transferring from Maine. I don't think Little has to sit out this year because he transferred from CS to University Tennessee at Martin as he sat out last year.

What D-2 school is Howard at?
bcbc55

Postby mainejeff » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:46 pm

Sandbagger wrote:IV, Eke and Myers all had solid preseasons. They should be contributors for their teams.

Believe Harewood had ankle surgery and is out for the season, assume it will be a redshirt year.

Any chance that Bernstein is sitting the year as a redshirt even if he is eligible, appears Kent St has a large roster with a number of Jr/Sr guards on the roster.

Little?

I didn't see Little on the bench today when UT-Martin played at Illinois. Maybe he was back home dealing with "family issus"?
mainejeff

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics