WEEK 12: Stony Brook at Maine: The End

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WEEK 12: Stony Brook at Maine: The End

Postby UMaineDad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 pm

BB28...I'm sorry but I'm just a Math Teacher...Don't have much need for English...But please let me know when you get your Nobel Peace Prize for your work in Literature. I will be right there ( or is it "their") to cheer you on! :lol:

You guys really made my day... I needed some cheering up after today's game...sorry for venting my frustrations...HAVE A NICE OFF-SEASON!!!
UMaineDad

Postby rasputin » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:17 am

sewey76 wrote:Who is the clown who decided to go for two after the first two scores of the game? Penalties and dumb play calling ruined this season. I can't waste any more time on this program.

The first time was a mistake. The second was justifiable after the procedure call moved the ball closer to the goal line. We needed 2 then, and if it wasn't for the receiver stepping out and back in it would be called a genius move today.
rasputin

Postby augie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:26 am

Blackbear28 wrote:
UMaineDad wrote:UNBELIEVABLE!!! [/b]THE WORST DAMN COACHING I'VE EVER SEEN!!! FIRE THE HC, OC, AND DC. HOW IN THE HELL YOU LOSE THIS GAME??? WHO CALLS A PASS PLAY ON 2ND AND 2? NONE OTHER THAN LIEM COHEN. WHO ALLOWS POOR DECISION FROM OC AND DC? THE HC. THIS WAS A TOTALLY DISGUSTING LOSS. I CAN'T TAKE ANOTHER SEASON OF THESE IDIOTS? PERIOD. WHO GOES FOR 2, TWO SEPARATE TIMES WHEN YOUR LEADING IN THE GAME AND THE OTHER TEAM HAS NOT SCORED? INCOMPETENT COACHES. THE TRUTH HAS BEEN TOLD...THESE COACHES ARE NOT FIT TO LEAD THIS TEAM!!!

I'm having trouble reading your post. Could you try rewriting it in super caps lock? Your son must be an underclassman because you clearly never had to watch Bourgoin and Cozy try to coach. Also, since you mentioned idiots, "you're" is a word. It's a contraction of you are. English really isn't hard, you should try it sometime!
Thank god (who isn't real) this season is over. No more Max "Cry Baby" Staver and hopefully that lady who never played a down of football in her life blackbear27 will be gone too ;).

Got to love the grammar police.
augie

Postby mainejeff » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:43 am

So Maine misses a 38 yd fg & fails to convert 2 extra points....and loses by 1 on the last play of the game? Wow.

I wasn't there so can't comment too much on the actual game. Looks like Ferguson had decent numbers & no INTs so he can't be blamed for this one.

Obviously Edwards tummy ache was unfortunate. :roll: A great talent, but he is a lost cause mentally in Orono. Good luck to him @ Syracuse....or wherever he ends up.

This coaching staff took a step back this year...the honeymoon is over for Coach H!
mainejeff

Postby Blind Zebra » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Ferguson throws were on point all day MJ. The first two point try was dropped by Reed in the end zone. Second one Belcher threw the ball and completed it to the back of the end zone but the receiver stepped out of bounds prior to the catch.
Ferguson threw a perfect strike to Edwards for the first TD. 50 yard throw and EE never broke stride. He threw another nice deep ball to Osumah later in the half.
Maine got the lead and went ultra conservative in the second half. They took very few shots down the field even with a stacked box.
Same thing on defense. SB's QB was horrible but Maine generated zero pressure. He had all day to throw and finally hit a couple jump balls in the 4th.
Maine seemed to be playing the percentages instead of playing to win. Penalities and poor field position played into the loss as well. Maine's punter kicked it into the end zone 4 times from mid field.
Maine kept getting pinned in deep. The game plan was great in the first half but Maine didn't make adjustments. Those who want to fire the staff or bring back Coz...please. Back to the drawing board, learn from this loss.
Blind Zebra

Postby fafan » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Ferguson throws were on point all day MJ. The first two point try was dropped by Reed in the end zone. Second one Belcher threw the ball and completed it to the back of the end zone but the receiver stepped out of bounds prior to the catch.
Ferguson threw a perfect strike to Edwards for the first TD. 50 yard throw and EE never broke stride. He threw another nice deep ball to Osumah later in the half.
Maine got the lead and went ultra conservative in the second half. They took very few shots down the field even with a stacked box.
Same thing on defense. SB's QB was horrible but Maine generated zero pressure. He had all day to throw and finally hit a couple jump balls in the 4th.
Maine seemed to be playing the percentages instead of playing to win. Penalities and poor field position played into the loss as well. Maine's punter kicked it into the end zone 4 times from mid field.
Maine kept getting pinned in deep. The game plan was great in the first half but Maine didn't make adjustments. Those who want to fire the staff or bring back Coz...please. Back to the drawing board, learn from this loss.

+1
One more bad play- whoever downed the ball on the last punt b/c it was headed in Maine's direction instead of letting it go and running more time off the clock :(
fafan

Postby thebam » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:00 pm

sewey76 wrote:Who is the clown who decided to go for two after the first two scores of the game? Penalties and dumb play calling ruined this season. I can't waste any more time on this program.

Probably the same clown that watched us lose a game to unh because of a kicker. Or watched countless other kicks miss. I'll take my chances with our offense at this point. Screw kicking extra points! Again.. don't give up a ****ing hail mary and it doesn't matter! What a joke. Cardinal sin of football! KNOCK IT DOWN
thebam

Postby augie » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:25 pm

thebam wrote:

Probably the same clown that watched us lose a game to unh because of a kicker. Or watched countless other kicks miss. I'll take my chances with our offense at this point. Screw kicking extra points! Again.. don't give up a ****ing hail mary and it doesn't matter! What a joke. Cardinal sin of football! KNOCK IT DOWN

19+2 equals 21 to 20. Math is hard.
augie

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:37 pm

Great one! very funny response UMainedad. I agree I will be there for the imposter when he wins the award... It is not worth responding to the references to the spelling and grammar. Most of the time I respond from my phone, like I would spend a minute to seriously have a conversation with these tools. Some of you are happy that Fergy had a decent game... " Let me tell you why"! It did not count and there was no pressure and god forbid he plays well in the 2nd half. The season is done, sad and one big bust. What a good team that was let down by the coaching decisions. The one known as imposter or unoriginal should not even be addressed "he really is a dumb dumb bubble gum". For whats it is worth I am happy to be the most popular poster on football, not the most like but a legend on facts and beat downs #1.
Blackbear27

Postby UMaineDad » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:55 pm

For certain Edwards is not going anywhere...especially not SU. I'm an SU alumni and I can tell you the school had no interest in him. He is quite happy at UMO! We really wanted Mack but Babers screwed that up! If Mack and Edwards return with a healthy Wright, next season should be a playoff season. Provided they can work out the QB quirks and improve the offense game management and play calling!
UMaineDad

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics