Ferguson Is Horrible When The Pressure Is On

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Ferguson Is Horrible When The Pressure Is On

Postby footballIQ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Have to disagree, old fart. Maine had All Conference Warren Smith in 2011. 1st Team All Conference QB Marcus Wasilewski in 2013. If the previous regime would've embraced Collins as their QB, he would've developed faster. Kid had more arm talent than any Black Bear not named Mike Buck. Collins was voted 3rd Team All conference by the league last year. Ferguson is going to have to work to get there. We'll see how bad he wants it. He's not the dud you claim he is.

Buck supporting cast was arguably the best ever. Most all are still in record books. Big arm with no decision making means nothing.
footballIQ

Postby footballIQ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:13 pm

Muchups wrote:I'll jump in.

I agree that Ferguson was pretty bad this season. At his best he was a game manager in the four wins. At other times he was a guy who continuously threw the ball in the dirt, did not find the open receiver and basically failed to ever make a play in a vital moment. I don't think he's a terrible player (he has some upside as a 19 year old) but he seems to lack the "it" factor... that thing that separates the good players from the average ones.

That said, I think Ferguson should start the last game of the season for the simple fact they don't seem to have anyone better. And, I think unless they recruit someone or the current freshman turns out to be a leader we're kind of ride or die with Ferguson next year as well. I wouldn't want to further damage his confidence if we have to play him next season.

Anyway, like most, I'm very disappointed in this season. Maine has the talent to be really good but didn't get consistent play out of the quarterback position and killed themselves too often with sloppy play.

Well put!
footballIQ

Postby thebam » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:30 am

The kicking game cost Maine as many , if not more wins than Ferguson. Dropped passes and stupid penalties cost them a win against UMass. Fumbles at very opportune times by people not named Ferguson contributed to a loss or 2. For a Redshirt Freshman I thought we got about what you might expect. Other than Villanova I can't think of a game where Chris just flat out sucked and cost his team a wn. He will get better.
To blame this entire seasons disappointment on Chris Ferguson is ignorant and laughable.
thebam

Postby footballIQ » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:09 pm

thebam wrote:The kicking game cost Maine as many , if not more wins than Ferguson. Dropped passes and stupid penalties cost them a win against UMass. Fumbles at very opportune times by people not named Ferguson contributed to a loss or 2. For a Redshirt Freshman I thought we got about what you might expect. Other than Villanova I can't think of a game where Chris just flat out sucked and cost his team a wn. He will get better.
To blame this entire seasons disappointment on Chris Ferguson is ignorant and laughable.

It amazes me that you others think he only played bad in one game. They made him a game manager to limit his mistakes, I have it on an inside scoop that his decision making was so sub par that his position is wide open for next year. It is almost like some of you have not even watched a game and you just look at the box score. I saw 8 games live and he was just not good. A red shirt freshman is a sophomore that has not played yet, but you have competed at that level for 2 years. There will be no excuses from this fan Bad play by #14.
footballIQ

Postby Blackbear27 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:44 pm

It is all based on your ability as QB to make smart decisions to put your team in a good spot to score or at least give your D some time to breath. I do believe the Head Coach will have to put the QB job up for grabs for next season and to be clear I do not care who plays. We need a QB that can move I don't care if he can throw only 40 yards.

Accurate, Mobile and smart decisions.... This week we will have none of that. Unfortunately I feel we will end the season on bad note. I am so tired of hearing about transferring, it may happen for kids that are getting screwed by bad coaching but kids that are playing will stay. Edwards great talent has to become a better route runner. If he can run better routes the sky is the limit for this kid. Best of luck for Wright and his recovery and U Maine returns a ton of talent. I want to see Robinson play in the spring game as I think he may be the key to our team next season.
Blackbear27

Postby UMaineDad » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:10 pm

BB27...How do you feel about things now? Edwards may have loads of talent but he did not play as hard this year as he did last season. He never seemed to recover his confidence after the big hit against UNH early in the season. Took off too many plays on kick return. Talent with a loss of confidence, heart or killer instinct is useless. Kid sat out the remainder of the game today claiming he had an upset stomach. REALLY? Coaching staff will never play Robinson over Ferguson...they lack moxie and coaching skill to know how to best utilize his talents. Cohen is one-dimensional. POCKET PASSER!

After today's coaching meltdown, who has confidence in this coaching staff? BRING BACK COSGROVE!!!
UMaineDad

Postby Blackbear27 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:45 pm

UMaineDad-- Huge melt down. Since Cosgrove all but handed Coach H the Job. Might say something bigger than we know. *81 Edwards is a talent needs to run better patterns because he is small only 180lbs. He is tough for his size and fights hard for extra yards but he does get his air let out in the end of game too much. Weight room and pass routes is my opinion.
Blackbear27

Postby footballIQ » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:13 pm

midcoastman » 14 Nov 2017 15:32

Can't seem to trust any poster with less than 100 posts. What a time to be alive.

BUT YOU CAN WITH 2900 PLUS. ?...Life plus No Life.
footballIQ

Postby Blackbear28 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:02 am

Blackbear27 wrote:UMaineDad-- Huge melt down. Since Cosgrove all but handed Coach H the Job. Might say something bigger than we know. *81 Edwards is a talent needs to run better patterns because he is small only 180lbs. He is tough for his size and fights hard for extra yards but he does get his air let out in the end of game too much. Weight room and pass routes is my opinion.

Tough for his size but he sat out the second half with a tummy ache. Not surprising coming from someone who has never played a down of football in her life!
Blackbear28

Postby oldfart » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:57 am

Bottom line the offense sucked!
The team had no discipline; led CAA in penalties!
Poor decisions making by coaching staff; 2 point attempt last game is an example!
Under achieved as a team!
Coaching, coaching, coaching!
Clean house!
oldfart

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics