Ferguson Is Horrible When The Pressure Is On

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: Ferguson Is Horrible When The Pressure Is On

Postby Blind Zebra » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 pm

Have to disagree, old fart. Maine had All Conference Warren Smith in 2011. 1st Team All Conference QB Marcus Wasilewski in 2013. If the previous regime would've embraced Collins as their QB, he would've developed faster. Kid had more arm talent than any Black Bear not named Mike Buck. Collins was voted 3rd Team All conference by the league last year. Ferguson is going to have to work to get there. We'll see how bad he wants it. He's not the dud you claim he is.
Blind Zebra

Postby thebam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:39 am

footballIQ wrote:Ney - Start fresh blood show Ferguson its about competing.

they have been competing all year. Ferguson continues to be the best.
thebam

Postby midcoastman » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:32 am

Can't seem to trust any poster with less than 100 posts. What a time to be alive.
midcoastman

Postby Muchups » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 pm

I should say too that my disappointment comes as a result of my belief that this team and program is on a verge of being great and didn't live up to its potential.

I still have hope though that the turnaround could come as early as next season. The defense is back and should be pretty nasty again. On offense ALL of their playmakers will return. As long as they can get decent offensive line play from some new guys stepping up the offense has a chance to show marked improvement. That said, 90% of the touches should go through Mack, Wright and Edwards. All three could play in the FBS and Mack projects to be an NFL player. We are fortunate to have THREE playmakers of that caliber at Maine. I don't care if its Ferguson or whoever just find a way to get them the damn ball.
Muchups

Postby fafan » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Muchups wrote:I should say too that my disappointment comes as a result of my belief that this team and program is on a verge of being great and didn't live up to its potential.

I still have hope though that the turnaround could come as early as next season. The defense is back and should be pretty nasty again. On offense ALL of their playmakers will return. As long as they can get decent offensive line play from some new guys stepping up the offense has a chance to show marked improvement. That said, 90% of the touches should go through Mack, Wright and Edwards. All three could play in the FBS and Mack projects to be an NFL player. We are fortunate to have THREE playmakers of that caliber at Maine. I don't care if its Ferguson or whoever just find a way to get them the damn ball.

Not sure about being great but would agree we are the edge of being a playoff team. There is such a small difference between playoff teams and non-playoff teams in the CAA. BZ is correct that we had very good QB's and they have been upper classman when that has happened.
Most of the posters that are negative of the coaching staff are first year followers of the program and chances will be gone next year just like the Dan Collins family member was last year. I do miss the poster from NY who had coached Josh Mack or coached against him as he had some good insight and was not blinded by family ties.
fafan

Postby thebam » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:38 pm

Was it Ferguson's fault our lackey kicker cost us a win at unh? How about games that had a $hit load of penalties? How about Saturday when we had multiple penalties including an illegal shift at the end? Chris has played good enough to get us in the playoff . He has had issues for sure but for anyone to say he is a bust is LAUGHABLE
thebam

Postby maine612 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:56 pm

Definitely not a bust. A freshman. I expect continued improvement and a big year next year from number 14.

maine612

Postby footballIQ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Blind Zebra wrote:Have to disagree, old fart. Maine had All Conference Warren Smith in 2011. 1st Team All Conference QB Marcus Wasilewski in 2013. If the previous regime would've embraced Collins as their QB, he would've developed faster. Kid had more arm talent than any Black Bear not named Mike Buck. Collins was voted 3rd Team All conference by the league last year. Ferguson is going to have to work to get there. We'll see how bad he wants it. He's not the dud you claim he is.

Define talent you can throw 70 yds but can not make a clean decision or read a coverage. Terrible B in Collins same as Ferguson bad decisions that take too long.
footballIQ

Postby footballIQ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:08 pm

maine612 wrote:Definitely not a bust. A freshman. I expect continued improvement and a big year next year from number 14.

Where else is there to go. He was awful!!!!!!!

footballIQ

Postby footballIQ » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:09 pm

thebam wrote:
footballIQ wrote:Ney - Start fresh blood show Ferguson its about competing.

they have been competing all year. Ferguson continues to be the best.

A very bad best!
footballIQ

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics