WBB: Tip-Off Tournament vs Tulane 11/10, Harvard 11/11

Post info or Comments: UMaine Athletics

Re: WBB: Tip-Off Tournament vs Tulane 11/10, Harvard 11/11

Postby mainejeff » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:27 pm

Crunch wrote:Maine Jeff says it all. I was going write the same thing, only different words. Why be redundant? Other than "Ugh." To emphasize...no Williams, no Barra, no Carroll. Ugh, again.

We deserve some answers! To trot out D-3 non-scholarship guards the whole night & keep those scholarship players on the end of the bench the entire game was truly disgraceful. I'm sure the Tulane coaching staff was breathing a sigh of relief! :roll: :oops:

Vachon will drive this program into the ground if she gets the reigns for good! Learn from the Blodgett fiasco, you morons! :evil:
mainejeff

Re: WBB: Tip-Off Tournament vs Tulane 6pm 11/10

Postby bcbc55 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:59 pm

mainejeff wrote:
Crunch wrote:Maine Jeff says it all. I was going write the same thing, only different words. Why be redundant? Other than "Ugh." To emphasize...no Williams, no Barra, no Carroll. Ugh, again.

We deserve some answers! To trot out D-3 non-scholarship guards the whole night & keep those scholarship players on the end of the bench the entire game was truly disgraceful. I'm sure the Tulane coaching staff was breathing a sigh of relief! :roll: :oops:

Vachon will drive this program into the ground if she gets the reigns for good! Learn from the Blodgett fiasco, you morons! :evil:

mainejeff: It is beginning to look more (Stonehill game) and more (Tulane game) that it was Sigi and maybe not the coaching staff that made the Bears go last year without Barron.

Two games against a D-2 team (3 for 17) and a weak D-1 team (3 for 23) so they are 6 for 40 from beyond the arc which is 15%. They are 35 for 112 from the floor 31.2% and 7 for 17 from the line 41.2%. 35.7%.

40 of their 112 field goal attempts so they have taken 35.7% of the FGA's as 3's.

49 and 34 points....83 total points average 41.5 just more than 1 point per minute per game.

No inside game whatsoever.

Very disappointing.

34 points on your home practice site???????????????????????????
bcbc55

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:21 am

Maine Women's Hoops‏ @BlackBearsWBB
Black Bears Fall in Opening Round of Tip-Off Tournament
Recap: http://bit.ly/2zv3C6N
photos : http://bit.ly/2jg6nm3
#BlackBearNation #AEHoops
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:50 am

Maine falls to Tulane 42-34 in season opener
http://www.foxbangor.com/sports/item/22 ... son-opener

UMaine Men's and Women's Basketball Teams Fall in Season Openers
http://www.wabi.tv/content/sports/UMain ... 80953.html
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Re: WBB: Tip-Off Tournament vs Harvard 4pm 11/11

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:24 am

Tulane scores final eight points to upend UMaine women in Tip-Off opener
UMaine will now play Harvard at 4 p.m. Saturday in the consolation game.

...“It was a hard-fought game on both sides. It was really intense throughout the whole game,” said Morgan. “Nobody shot well but you have to continue shooting and that’s what we did.”

Tulane coach Lisa Stockton said they felt fortunate to get the win.

“It was an ugly game, definitely a defensive battle,” she said. “Neither team shot great but I was proud of our kids. We had a lot of young kids rotating through our lineup and I was happy we were able to finish it out over those last 12 minutes. Sometimes when you aren’t shooting well, you need your defense to chip in.”

Tulane held UMaine to four points in the second and fourth quarters and the Black Bears shot just 14-for-53 from the floor, 3-for-23 from beyond the 3-point arc for the game.

http://bangordailynews.com/2017/11/10/s ... ff-opener/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby Tom Nolette » Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:50 am

UMaine drops season opener to Tulane, 42-34
The Black Bears were tied at 34 with 4:53 left before Tulane ended on an 8-0 run.

...“We knew what (Tulane’s defense) was doing but we couldn’t make shots,” Millan said.

Still, Maine led 30-28 after the third quarter but managed two baskets in the fourth.

“We were executing our plays,” Sutton said, “but (the shots) weren’t falling.”

The lead changed three times early in the fourth quarter. Fanny Wadling (four points/six rebounds) of Maine made it 34-34 with a layup with 4:52 remaining.

From there Maine missed its last seven shots and turned it over once.

“The end of the game is on me,” Vachon said. “I have to put our kids in better positions to make shots.”

http://www.pressherald.com/2017/11/10/w ... ane-42-34/
Tom Nolette
Founder / Owner
MBR.ORG, LLC
Tom Nolette
owner

Postby mainejeff » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:24 am

Someone should ask Vachon why 3 frontcourt freshman players got ZERO minutes while she shuttled in a slew of guards that couldn't hit the broadside of a brick sh*thouse. :evil: :roll: :oops:

Maine has 4 solid players in Sutton, Millan, Wadling & Saar. After that.....yikes! :?
mainejeff

Postby Blind Zebra » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:30 am

Maine's offense was passable in the beginning of the game, but when Tulane made an adjustment and packed it in with a zone and dared Maine to shoot...good night.
Maine's guards did not want to shoot and when they did, they didn't shoot with confidence.
Also, Maine did not attack with any sort of dribble penetration. Poor execution offensively.
Vachon must have zero confidence in her freshmen post players? I Thought they could've pulled Tanesha out to the point to get the ball in her hands with her strong slashing ability. Maybe gone with a slightly bigger lineup? Blanca needs to be aggressive. She has the handle and length to finish at the rim. They need her in attack mode! Waddling didn't get enough touches in my opinion. When she did shoot, she was way off. Plenty of room for improvement.
Blind Zebra

Postby mainejeff » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:28 pm

Well that was a stunning turnaround! :o :shock:

Maine takes Harvard to the woodshed and wins going away 76-51. I have to give Coach Vachon credit for turning things around overnight! Brosseau came to play today instead pulling an MIA like last night. Good day all around with Sutton & Millan being the obvious standouts. Nice to see Barra get some quality PT. She has the tools to become a great player!
mainejeff

Postby bcbc55 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 pm

mainejeff wrote:Well that was a stunning turnaround! :o :shock:

Maine takes Harvard to the woodshed and wins going away 76-51. I have to give Coach Vachon credit for turning things around overnight! Brosseau came to play today instead pulling an MIA like last night. Good day all around with Sutton & Millan being the obvious standouts. Nice to see Barra get some quality PT. She has the tools to become a great player!

mainejeff: If the first two games are any indication of how the season is going to go it is going to be a "LIVE BY THE THREE (Saturdays win hitting 13 of 30 3's, DIE BY THE THREE" (FRIDAY'S LOSS HITTING 3-23 3's) type of season.

"When your hot your hot, when your not your not".

Can't win a tournament relying on 16 of 53 3's 30% and they shot 28% last year. So far they have taken 53 3's out of 116 field goal attempts in 2 games so that is 45.7% of their FGA's are 3's. Not good.

Teams that zone Maine are going to give them trouble. Tulane did, Harvard didn't and I thought IVY league teams are supposed to be real intelligent.

New freshmen: Post players Barra only got 8 minutes, Williams last player to get in game for Maine got 2 minutes, Fogarty 5 minutes and Carroll 6 minutes in a blow out win game. Saar got 27 as a starter.

Post players got 40 minutes total playing time. Wadling got 20 minutes and Barra 8, Johnson 10 and Williams 2 got 20 minutes between them.
bcbc55

PreviousNext

Return to UMaine D1 Athletics